Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wladimir Klitschko. Questions asked...questions answered...what are the answers?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wladimir Klitschko. Questions asked...questions answered...what are the answers?

From time to time...on this forum...my favorite place...my home away from home..I have been known for being many things.

Shut up bitches...I know you all want to say: "Gotdam right Wacko! Youv'e been known as many things...the first word that comes to mind is (insert foul explecitive language here) !!!

Anywho...as I was saying (before I so drunkenly interrupted myself) I have been know for being many things...one of the main ones is over critical. I pride myself in questioning fighters & their abilities to no end. It always makes for great conversation. That being said...I'm gonna take a lot of flack for this statement...but here goes:

After watching Wladimir Klitschko destroy Chris Byrd tonight...does everyone believe the hype?

I mean...the proof is in the pudding...& Wlad pretty much pounded Byrd into the consistency of pudding...but was that enough to sell you?

Was that enough to answer the many questions hanging over the Steelhammer's head?

I mean...was beating one of the most questionable fighters in the division to a pulp enough to make you believe that he's back in full effect?

Now...to those that doubt Wlad...what will he ever do to bring you over?

I'm still one of the doubtfuls...but I sure was impressed tonight.

Anywho...those are my questions about Wlad. If you have some...bring them to light...but give me some insight on the questions that I asked too if you don't mind...just curious here.

So...here we are with a new heavyweight champion...again...Wladimir Klitschko.

Questions asked...questions answered...what are the answers & what are the questions? You tell me people.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko. Questions asked...questions answered...what are the answers?

Sorry, your Wackness, but MR. NIGHTMARE disagrees. Sam Peter was shown to be nothing more than a big puncher w/ limited boxing skills. Chris (his wife is fine!)Byrd was clearly undersized. When he proves himself to me against a bigger fighter who has true boxing skills, ala Lennox Lewis, then I will be convinced.

Kudos to Byrd for being a champ in the post fight interview. Now Vlad should rematch Brewster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko. Questions asked...questions answered...what are the answers?

No it answered my questions.

But people that have been downgrading Byrd as a fighter on the board leading up to this fight with Wladimer beating Chris Byrd you'd think that they'd be saying "so what.. he beat a paper champ that should have lost his last 4 fights." But they aren't.. they are saying "Wladimer is like Ali" or are hyping him up. Those are the questions I have. Why credit him if he beat the so called "weakest" champ of the division, then he went in and did as expected right. So then it shouldn't be surprising and nothing new.

I don't think that at all though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank you. What an excellent point you just made. He beat Chris (his wife is fine!) Byrd. Big deal!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hard to say. Nobody disputes that offensively he's very very good. But Wlad is all wrong for Byrd, a prime Byrd couldn't beat him, as we saw in their first fight, and this wasn't a prime Byrd. That's why I wasn't excited about this fight, it didn't mean much to me cause I was very sure who the winner was gonna be, I mean for an elite fight this was as close to a sure thing as you're gonna find.

He has stamina problems, and he tends to panic a bit when he gets hurt. I don't really like Teddy Atlas but when he said that Wlad didn't have a glass chin but had a glass mind I didn't disagree with him that much. Maybe that's too harsh, I don't know. I don't think he has an absolute glass chin for the simple reason that when he was knocked out it was by big punchers, but he's not the most relaxed guy in the whole world.

He's an elite heavyweight, no doubt, but beating a guy like a Lyakhovich, or a Brewster will prove more to me and thats what I've said from the beginning, in a 100 fights with Wlad Byrd might win one, its just a horrible matchup for him.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wlad has done an excellent job in disposing of byrd.....i thought byrd would be able to test him more, but i made errors of judgement.

to be honest i would like to see wlad try and avenge his loss to brewster....that would answer a lot more questions for me....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly, stylistic nightmare, guy he'd already beaten, nobody was picking Byrd.
    Byrd... A. stood at arm's length and got steelhammered
    B. ran inside and got hugged

I've said all along you've gotta have power to beat Wlad.

Honestly, Wlad probably is the best HW, but he's quite beatable.

It all lies in the matchup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nightmare
    Sorry, your Wackness, but MR. NIGHTMARE disagrees. Sam Peter was shown to be nothing more than a big puncher w/ limited boxing skills.
    What are you apologizing for? What are you disagreeing with? I didn't even make a statement. Heh heh heh. I was just asking questions. Oh my.

Chris (his wife is fine!)Byrd was clearly undersized. When he proves himself to me against a bigger fighter who has true boxing skills, ala Lennox Lewis, then I will be convinced.
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww...I can't believe peeps actually think that Byrd's wife is a hottie.

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    No it answered my questions.

But people that have been downgrading Byrd as a fighter on the board leading up to this fight with Wladimer beating Chris Byrd you'd think that they'd be saying "so what.. he beat a paper champ that should have lost his last 4 fights." But they aren't.. they are saying "Wladimer is like Ali" or are hyping him up. Those are the questions I have. Why credit him if he beat the so called "weakest" champ of the division, then he went in and did as expected right. So then it shouldn't be surprising and nothing new.

I don't think that at all though.
    Agreed...but all respect to Byrd for taking the fight & I have always liked Byrd...but compared to Wlad...he's definently weak.

Quote Originally Posted by BABABOOEY
    Thank you. What an excellent point you just made. He beat Chris (his wife is fine!) Byrd. Big deal!!
    Again...I say: Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww...I can't believe peeps actually think that Byrd's wife is a hottie.

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Hard to say. Nobody disputes that offensively he's very very good. But Wlad is all wrong for Byrd, a prime Byrd couldn't beat him, as we saw in their first fight, and this wasn't a prime Byrd. That's why I wasn't excited about this fight, it didn't mean much to me cause I was very sure who the winner was gonna be, I mean for an elite fight this was as close to a sure thing as you're gonna find.

He has stamina problems, and he tends to panic a bit when he gets hurt. I don't really like Teddy Atlas but when he said that Wlad didn't have a glass chin but had a glass mind I didn't disagree with him that much. Maybe that's too harsh, I don't know. I don't think he has an absolute glass chin for the simple reason that when he was knocked out it was by big punchers, but he's not the most relaxed guy in the whole world.

He's an elite heavyweight, no doubt, but beating a guy like a Lyakhovich, or a Brewster will prove more to me and thats what I've said from the beginning, in a 100 fights with Wlad Byrd might win one, its just a horrible matchup for him.
    Agreed agreed agreed 100%!

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    wlad has done an excellent job in disposing of byrd.....i thought byrd would be able to test him more, but i made errors of judgement.
    Agreed. I meselfish thought that he would be able to mount a bit better defense against Wlad's jab...but it broke him down & set the rest of that battering up.

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    to be honest i would like to see wlad try and avenge his loss to brewster....that would answer a lot more questions for me....
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by FLH2o
    I've said all along you've gotta have power to beat Wlad.

Honestly, Wlad probably is the best HW, but he's quite beatable.

It all lies in the matchup.
    I kind of agree...& then I don't.

I think that the majority of the issues that Wlad suffers from are self related.

Sanders came in & just jumped on him. Basically the same thing that Brewster did with Golota. That can happen to anyone. Wlad seems to be a bit better now that he has had a few confidence boosting wins.

I think that he'll do well...but as I said on the DRBR...I aint 100% sold on him...thus all the questioning of this post.

**Thanks for the help gentlemen & ladies.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think both Brewster and Sanders could do that because Wladimer never tried to hold them. But now he does it too often.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

Chris (his wife is fine!)Byrd was clearly undersized. When he proves himself to me against a bigger fighter who has true boxing skills, ala Lennox Lewis, then I will be convinced.
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww...I can't believe peeps actually think that Byrd's wife is a hottie.
    glad im not alone in being repulsed by her

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as long as he dosent get "caught" there is noone on the planet (other than VK) who could beat him. just my opinion. he is as fast as anyone. has power better than most. to tall for most. and i think he has finally found his "pace" in a fight. i dont think youll see him get gased in a fight again. he had Byrd ready to go after the 1st knock down. he went for it but bryd survived and wlad relaxed and got him later.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

glad im not alone in being repulsed by her
    you're not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think both Brewster and Sanders could do that because Wladimer never tried to hold them. But now he does it too often.
    no way. he dosent hold ala john "the joke". he ties them up. smart move which is working.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

agreed. wlad is all too willing to just hold these days. we all complained about ruiz for using such a negative approach. wlad should recieve similar critisism...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 1st rd ko
    no way. he dosent hold ala john "the joke". he ties them up. smart move which is working.
    He's not as bad as Ruiz, but he does hold too much these days, why hold Byrd who has no power and isn't even that good of an in fighter?Clinching shouldn't be legal, period. Boxing would be better off if a fighter was deducted a point the first time he clinched. Its boxing, its not holding.

Thread Information