Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Frazier V Tyson

I've seen so many Ali/Tyson Fantasy Fights discussed over the years, but who would win out of a prime Frazier against a prime Tyson? Discuss!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Frazier V Tyson

Tyson has two, maybe three rounds to win this. It took Frazier that long to get going. So Tyson, as quick a starter as the division has known, has a real shot.

If the bell rings to begin the fourth round? It is all Smokin' Joe.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see Fraizer winning this one. Tyson does what Foreman did to him

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    not really, Tyson didn't have to reach or size to trouble Frazier like Foreman did, this would have been one of the rare occasions that Frazier would finally be fighting a man his actual size in terms of height and reach, I'm not saying that Tyson wouldn't be able to win, it just wouldn't be a blow out like Foreman/Frazier I & II were, it would be a telephone booth fight, and the question would be who would land cleanly first, Frazier with the left hook? or Tyson with the uppercut?, seeing how Frazier's stamina lasted for days I would lean slightly in his favor

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate to say it but I think Frazier stops Tyson late
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

El Kabong Guest

Tyson was not as physically imposing as Foreman. Big George used distance and reach to rain bombs down on Joe....Tyson would have to get in close and that big overhand right of Tyson's would be slower than Joe's hook or underrated right cross.

The power difference between Frazier and Foreman was described (by I think it was Chuck Wepner) as "Being hit by Frazier was like being hit by a Pontiac going 100 miles an hour and being hit by Foreman was like being hit by a Mac Truck going 50 miles an hour"

I personally think Frazier-Bowe or Frazier-Holyfield would have been EPIC battles, the style match ups were perfect.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Tyson was not as physically imposing as Foreman. Big George used distance and reach to rain bombs down on Joe....Tyson would have to get in close and that big overhand right of Tyson's would be slower than Joe's hook or underrated right cross.

The power difference between Frazier and Foreman was described (by I think it was Chuck Wepner) as "Being hit by Frazier was like being hit by a Pontiac going 100 miles an hour and being hit by Foreman was like being hit by a Mac Truck going 50 miles an hour"

I personally think Frazier-Bowe or Frazier-Holyfield would have been EPIC battles, the style match ups were perfect.
    Holyfield-Frazier would have been both men deadlocked in the middle of the ring leaning in and wailing short hooks on one another would have been insane!

El Kabong Guest

I will say this, Joe Frazier would have been a horrible style match up for plenty of heavyweights. For example Wlad-Frazier, THAT would be a horrible match up for Wlad because Joe Frazier can take straight punches and his heart and stamina took fighters into the deep end where a couple of well placed hooks would end the fight.

Joe Frazier was a machine, the true Rocky Balboa, he fought with 1 arm and 1 eye for the majority of his career and he was a champion in one of the deepest eras in the heavyweight division. And he had to put up with so much bullshit its unbelievable! I STILL get pissed whenever I think of Bryant Gumbel saying "When he beat Ali, you got the feeling that the bad guy won"...nothing could be farther from the truth, Frazier was humble, hardworking, and a class act just like Joe Louis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Seriously? Tyson had some of the fastest hands in heavyweight history. I don't see Frazier having a speed advantage over Tyson at all.
    Last edited by jdonaher1; 11-09-2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: spelling

El Kabong Guest

When Tyson rares back to throw the overhand right YES Frazier could get a hook in. All of Tyson's other punches were compact and yeah he had very quick hands, but Joe could time that hook....if he could repeatedly catch Ali with it I'm betting he could lace Tyson with a few.

Joe Frazier was the perfect blend of pressure fighter and power puncher. He could wear you down or he could blast you out....either way you were going to be in pain.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With all due respect to Frazier, Tyson would win this as he was bigger, stronger and faster. Tyson would land that uppercut like he did with Frazier’s son and have him out of there. Tyson had a good time with short stocky fighters like Buster Matthis Jnr and Bruce Seldon. Tyson came at angles against them to get his punches off. There was no quit is Joe, but think the ref would have to stop the one way beating.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Frazier was taller and had a longer reach than Tyson.

You really have to wonder who would back down first between these guys both of whom were face first fighters that would stalk down their opponent.

Frazier even when being beaten had impressive head movement always up and down with very slight side to side weaving and gloves up ready to unleash Hell. When Tyson was in dire straights he stopped moving so much, he would throw 1 punch at a time. When Frazier worked his way in you were going to pay the price, Tyson was easier to tie up IMO.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Theres alot of technical talk on this forum from people who have never even taken a shot in a competative matchbut they can analyze a pretend fight and come up with a determined out come?

Sometimes its as simple as fighter A (Frazier) isnt hard to hit and fighter B (Tyson) was the worst fighter ever to be facing if that was the case

Joe is a great fighter and rightly belongs in the rankings above Tyson but its hard to look past how How Joe would have got past that blistering speed and pace of those first few rounds (even though Mike had tge same speed late and very good stamina). If Georges telegraphed long wide shots can get in.....

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Theres alot of technical talk on this forum from people who have never even taken a shot in a competative matchbut they can analyze a pretend fight and come up with a determined out come?

Sometimes its as simple as fighter A (Frazier) isnt hard to hit and fighter B (Tyson) was the worst fighter ever to be facing if that was the case

Joe is a great fighter and rightly belongs in the rankings above Tyson but its hard to look past how How Joe would have got past that blistering speed and pace of those first few rounds (even though Mike had tge same speed late and very good stamina). If Georges telegraphed long wide shots can get in.....
    According to ross nobody ever beats Tyson ever

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I was drinking a cup of tea id have spat and coughed it up reading that last post by Klitschkos cheerleader!

Thread Information