Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default My First Fight!!!

Is in 6 Days

I fight...hopefully... Saturday night at my boxing gym. Its not am amateur boxing match or anything... its just a fight night at my gym. 16/14 oz gloves with headgear 3 2 minute rounds. I have trained for a little over a year, probably with a trainer for about 7 months.

I have sparred and am really nervous.....

5'9" 155lbs should come down to 147 by the time fight starts. I don't know who I am fighting ....

any words of advice!?!?!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: My First Fight!!!

Good luck and remember to keep your hands up at all times or expect to get tagged a lot. I was stopped on a cut in my first fight mainley because of my lower guard. So thats my advice to you anyway, for having past experience that is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good luck and keep those hands up.

Let us know how it went.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good luck on your first fight.
    Work that jab and keep moving your opponent around to create an opening to drop a bomb is the best advise I can offer.
    Definitely let us know how it went.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anybody got anything else...I got two solid days left including today

Training with my trainer and get some sparring in Thursday...Friday....relax and hang out do some homework and Saturday just try not to freak out

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

keep hydrated and get plenty of carbs in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dylon
    Is in 6 Days

I fight...hopefully... Saturday night at my boxing gym. Its not am amateur boxing match or anything... its just a fight night at my gym. 16/14 oz gloves with headgear 3 2 minute rounds. I have trained for a little over a year, probably with a trainer for about 7 months.

I have sparred and am really nervous.....

5'9" 155lbs should come down to 147 by the time fight starts. I don't know who I am fighting ....

any words of advice!?!?!
    Yeah- stop ducking Antonio Margarito!
    Oops

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good luck, keep your guard up, movement, hopefully not the wrong way. Dont forget about the body, even if its only 3 rounds, one shot to the diaphram is all it takes.Being your first fight, dont punch yourself out early, be patient.Use the force....I am not a expert at all, just my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lennox would say: Use the jab? Absolutely!
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I take it your fight is today? stay relaxed he is just as nervous as you are, dont try to intimidate and dont be intimidated, be polite to your opponent and smile a lot, DO NOT MAKE T6HE FIRST ROUND A WAR!!!! Jab and feel him out....1,2 hook to surprise him...b calm ul do fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    I take it your fight is today? stay relaxed he is just as nervous as you are, dont try to intimidate and dont be intimidated, be polite to your opponent and smile a lot, DO NOT MAKE T6HE FIRST ROUND A WAR!!!! Jab and feel him out....1,2 hook to surprise him...b calm ul do fine
    Exactly...stay calm...use your jab and feints and look to see if he has any early tells....does he drop his hands after a punch?.....good luck!!!
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight went well....as well as a fight that I lost that I should have at least got a draw on.

I was really nervous the moment the fight started, I couldnt relax, I couldnt move or throw as well as I do during sparring. I almost dropped the other fighter in the 2nd round. I hit him with a right cross and his hands just dropped, I realized that but couldnt close the deal so to speak. I lost the fight because of a bogus standing 8 count....The fighter was comming at me, and I started backing up to the ropes and attempted to roll out but the ref jumped in.... My opponent could crack an egg with his punches, he landed a couple on me and they didnt even phase me, I think the body shot he hit me with couldnt even satisfy an itch I had. I wasnt too happy but I got my first fight cherry popped.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Way to lose your V. You learned something valueble right? Next time get an SOB shook you gotta close the deal, no negotiations. You'll find out that a lot of referees are as blind and stupid as they come so you gotta protect yourself from anything.

Congrats, my hat goes off to ya, I hope your next fight will a real winner for ya.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris N.
    Way to lose your V. You learned something valueble right? Next time get an SOB shook you gotta close the deal, no negotiations. You'll find out that a lot of referees are as blind and stupid as they come so you gotta protect yourself from anything.

Congrats, my hat goes off to ya, I hope your next fight will a real winner for ya.
    Yeah I will learn to relax, I have been hit harder during sparring and I hope there will be a rematch. The fight wasnt fair in my opinion because my oppenent's trainer is the owner of the gym where the fights were held and his fighters usually win their fights not because they are better or even look better...

I want to get into real amatuer boxing this year with a fight book and a manager. back to the drawing board. I will try to get the fight on youtube soon, so you can judge for yourself

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good luck with that. What's your trainer think of ya? Amateur fights will be a big boost for you so you should take care of that. If you get anything on Youtube that would be great, I'll check it out when you get around to that.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Thread Information