Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How Good is Calzaghe ?

Personally i think he is the most underated Champion in the world today!

I think he has been unlucky with injuries but has shown all the attributes of a great champion.

Lacy was the crowning Glory Joe would have mashed Tarver into next week and would have too much power and speed for Kessler whom i rate and has a good defence but not enough to fend of Calzaghe who would out box and out punch him .

Amazing to think that Winky Wright is rated higher than Joe Calzaghe and yet cant get a grip on Sam Soliman who came right at him .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How Good is Calzaghe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckling Gordy

I think he has been unlucky with injuries but has shown all the attributes of a great champion.

Lacy was the crowning Glory Joe would have mashed Tarver into next week and would have too much power and speed for Kessler whom i rate and has a good defence but not enough to fend of Calzaghe who would out box and out punch him .

Amazing to think that Winky Wright is rated higher than Joe Calzaghe and yet cant get a grip on Sam Soliman who came right at him .

Calzaghe is a great fighter mate, and i agree with most points, i think Joe is to big for Winky, i hear WInky has said hed move up for Joe if he beat Taylor, but for me Joe would beat Winky, and it looks like Joe has that only option of a big world fight now with Tarver being exposed last week and B-Hop retiring, i think Joe should take Kessler and winner of Winky/Taylor and call it a day, but maybe he could of done more in his career to get more defining fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lacy was overrated imo
    But yeah, Joe is a very good champion.....I would like to see him fight a big name though like Hopkins or Tarver

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The guy is a natural super talent. Not those stupid pumping muscles as a lot of American fighters like to build on their bodies - just a pure athlete. One of the biggest differences between euro guys and the counter Americans is that euro guys does a lot of roadwork to built up stamina and lung capacity. A lot of American fighters use their time lifting iron instead and gets bodies not like a boxer but like bodybuilders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zinmex
    The guy is a natural super talent. Not those stupid pumping muscles as a lot of American fighters like to build on their bodies - just a pure athlete. One of the biggest differences between euro guys and the counter Americans is that euro guys does a lot of roadwork to built up stamina and lung capacity. A lot of American fighters use their time lifting iron instead and gets bodies not like a boxer but like bodybuilders.
    ROYALS BACK BOYS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    Lacy was overrated imo
    But yeah, Joe is a very good champion.....I would like to see him fight a big name though like Hopkins or Tarver
    yeah...I think ole Joe is really good but Tarvers stock is in the tank and B-HOP is retired....he'll probably wind up fighting Kessler though...not going to help his cause much but Kessler is a decent fighter.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While he is a great fighter I am afraid he might not reach his biggest audience and money (America) due to injuries.... Real fight fans know he is a great champion but its the overall perception of the masses that make your legend.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dude shut the hell up for the UPTEENTH TIME!!!!! yes us Americans are bodybuiling boxing trash and Euro's are superior to us....Well for nothing else But THERE EURO'S.....

HEY ZINMEX!! HEY OVER HERE!! I GOT SOMETHING FOR YOU.....HOLD ON I KNOW ITS HERE SOMEWERE IN MY POCKET.. WAIT, WAIT.....OH HERE IT IS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with most of whats been said. Joe is great champion. Shame about his hand injuries but hopefully he will still have some big fights ahead. Could be argued that he has never had any major tests, but I am of the opinion he has more than proven himself as every man he has faced in the ring he has beaten. Thats not bad going for a man who has had so many fights and defended his Belts for so long.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    ROYALS BACK BOYS!!!
    Similar theme, but it didn't come back to Kessler being the best and the grammar was a bit better... possibly... if he's trying really hard to fool us

But wasn't you who spotted 'big dawg 27' or what ever he was called?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    ROYALS BACK BOYS!!!
    Similar theme, but it didn't come back to Kessler being the best and the grammar was a bit better... possibly... if he's trying really hard to fool us

But wasn't you who spotted 'big dawg 27' or what ever he was called?
    Thats what i was thinig but since he has been gone i guessed he has been working on his disguise, maybe this explains it??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think Joe should take Kessler and winner of Winky/Taylor and call it a day, but maybe he could of done more in his career to get more defining fights.
    Joe's wanted kessler for a long time, kessler wont step into the ring with him for anything less than a stupid payday he aint worth. As for doing more for a career defining fight. Im not sure what more he could of done. There are only two people he coulda got in the ring with, b-hop and RJJ. Hopkins got the 3 mill he wanted, got the fight in the usa, then when all he wanted was offerd, he wanted more... (not turning this into a hop ducked jc thread) the only other option was RJJ. RJJ never expessed an interest in fighting calzaghe, + he was at a different w8. RJJ made it clear he would not fight out of the USA, and god knows i don't blame Jc for calling him out to fight in the usa, i mean IF it was a very close 12 round fight, and i think it would have been, i highly doubt a welsh guy would get the call over the american golden boy... same goes if the fight was held in the UK.

Joe beat everyone who was put in front of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I met Joe in London honestly he is such a cool guy loves being champ ( and the attention ) but was really quick with the one liners he is the best fighter on the planet for me .

Everybody said before the Lacy fight he was a joy to be around really laid back and utterly confident i think he is somebodyn with that genuine x factor confidence by the bucket load .

Met Carl Froch as well what a nice bloke he is had my photo taken with him i think all fighters like being in the limelight .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I met Joe in London honestly he is such a cool guy loves being champ ( and the attention ) but was really quick with the one liners he is the best fighter on the planet for me .

Everybody said before the Lacy fight he was a joy to be around really laid back and utterly confident i think he is somebodyn with that genuine x factor confidence by the bucket load .

Met Carl Froch as well what a nice bloke he is had my photo taken with him i think all fighters like being in the limelight .
    Carl Froch nice bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe Calzaghe is pure class! If you didn't think so before, surely he showed in the Lacy fight. That was the greatest boxing performance for years, he punched and rolled off him every shot. Think he is class and a great champ!

Thread Information