Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Angry Another kahn critic

Ok he beat barrera, He beat a tiny 35 yaer old man, with one eye. and lets get it right barrera was a machine at super bantam, good at feather, and a wily old fox at super feather, What is he at lightweight? i said before this fight happened that people were building barrera up and it was just smoke and mirror matchmaking, timing is everything. As for the fight watched again today barrera looked cute and might of given kahn some problems untill the headbutt, then you can see the change. One thing i found irritating about kahn was the showboating, raising his hands up to a shot one eyed legend is disrespectful. Go and fight a natural lightwieght closer to their prime and not the end of the career and stop fooling the british public that you are the second coming.
    A right hand can take you round the block, A jab round the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Another kahn critic

Was that showboating or just a bit of arm loosening? I was wonderin what he was doin and hopin it wasnt a bit of showing off.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan was probably doing what Pacquiao does whenever someone throws back he raises his hands in the air in a "lets fight" kind of way. After sparring with Pacquiao countless rounds it seems he's picked up some habits.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The cut ruined the fight. I know I sound like a broken record, and people keep asking me to give Khan his dues, but Khan got the breaks and his job was made much easier by fighting someone with blood spilling into his eye.

The hands in the air showboating business was utterly bizarre and seemed like a complete rip off of Manny Pac. It's Manny's routine so it fits him, it just looks ridiculous on Khan though. I didn't like that so much.

Also on watching the fight again its interesting to see how many of Khan's flurries are not landing on Barrera. A lot of stuff just hitting the gloves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barrear has said that Khan doesnt have any power but he has fast hands and he would of won the fight if it wasnt for the cut but i surpose most fighters would say that.

Does any1 know if the cut is in the same area as the cut in his last fight,if it is it proves that it should av had a bit longer to heal and there gamble never paid off imo.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a separate cut. The last one was much smaller and central on his head. This one looked like someone had clumped him with an axe.

I was wondering about that arms in the air stuff.

Good shout about him copying Pac. That makes sense.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by littlebif View Post
    Barrear has said that Khan doesnt have any power but he has fast hands and he would of won the fight if it wasnt for the cut but i surpose most fighters would say that.

Does any1 know if the cut is in the same area as the cut in his last fight,if it is it proves that it should av had a bit longer to heal and there gamble never paid off imo.

Where did you hear that ?

Yeah Khan was copying Pac with that waving the arms in the air thing . Hope he keeps it up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sure the arm in the air thing was just arm loosening as someone said, I've never known khan to showboat before, normally he does what is needed and doesn't rub anything in his opponents face.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by clintuk View Post
    I'm sure the arm in the air thing was just arm loosening as someone said, I've never known khan to showboat before, normally he does what is needed and doesn't rub anything in his opponents face.
    Yeah, considering Pac only started doing it after he started with Roach, I think it may be a method of Freddie's to keep his fighters loose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebif View Post

Where did you hear that ?

Yeah Khan was copying Pac with that waving the arms in the air thing . Hope he keeps it up
    either teletext or fightnew.com carnt remember which 1 mate read alsorts of stuff bout the fight today

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barrera said Khan had no power right after the fight on the ringside interview.

He was having a job keeping up with Khans flurries but he was getting more and more in to the fight as the rounds went by, even with the blood.

Khan was telling everyone that Roach has taught him how to defend, all he did was keep his hands up a bit more, he moves in straight lines and when walked back, does nothing.

The next lightweight Khan fights with any power he gets knocked out again, there were a couple of moments last night where Khan leaped in and grabbed, like Macaranelli did.

I was laughing like fuuck at that, if Khan had lost that would have been all of Warrens main players ko'd last night

Goes to show that Warren has no class fighters left, he must have been on tender hooks that Khan would pull through.

As for Maccaranelli losing by KO, that shows how poor his chin is, the guy that beat him has lost to Allan Green!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldnt say all of warrens fighters got taken away, he has degale, saunders, frankie gavin, these three will make him a load of money, warren will be fine promoters always are. Kahn has showboated before but probably got told not to do it again as he got bood it was against daniel thorpe actually nice kid from shefield. I thought it was showboating as when barrera hit him he backed off then did the wave thing then attacked. Anyway hollow victory imo.
    A right hand can take you round the block, A jab round the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Truthfully, both guys got screwed because of the cut. It wasnt a huge win for Kahn and it wasnt a huge loss for Barrera. It was a poor result, plain and simple.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

truth is does anyone honesly think warren would have made the fight if barrera had anything left in the tank?? those of us who have watched boxing in the uk in the last 15 years would know the answer..........no............when you look at it..its a typical khan fight....barrera's, smaller, coming up in weight, in his 30's and shot, and not a big puncher..........the only time khan was in there with someone natural at the weight and same saize as him with some pop..............he got toasted in under 60sec

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NUCLEAR BULL View Post
    truth is does anyone honesly think warren would have made the fight if barrera had anything left in the tank?? those of us who have watched boxing in the uk in the last 15 years would know the answer..........no............when you look at it..its a typical khan fight....barrera's, smaller, coming up in weight, in his 30's and shot, and not a big puncher..........the only time khan was in there with someone natural at the weight and same saize as him with some pop..............he got toasted in under 60sec

It's not a typical Khan fight its typicial of ANY fighter.

Every prospect, every world champ, every fighter who has the bargaining power will manufacturer fights to be as much in their favour as possible, and if they don't then they are with the wrong promotors.

Look at Floyd, when he fought Coralles he insisted the fight took place at super feather as Diego was struggling to keep at that weight. Manny brought Oscar down to 147, Floyd brought Ricky up to 147.

B Hop brought Oscar, Tito and Pavlik up to fight him on his terms.

EVERY fighter who is expected to have a decent world class career is carefully managed, if they are not then his team are simply not doing their job.

Khan is only 22. He already has wins over a legend in Barrera, an ex world champ in Gary St. Clair. He's won the Commonwealth title and has wins over decent domestic opposition like Graham Earl, Michael Gomez, Willie Limond etc.

Show me another 22 year old fighter in the world who has a more impressive resume and who isn't thought of a potential superstar and world class.

No doubt you will reply 'well Floyd Mayweather was already fighting......blah blah blah', well if that's the lengths you have to go to compare him, against the greatest fighter of the last decade, a 6 weight undefeated world champ, an all time great and a first ballot Hall of Famer, then it kind of only highlights how absurd and over the top the criticisms of Khan are.

Thread Information