Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reports coming out Haye did close if not over a million PPV'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Reports coming out Haye did close if not over a million PPV'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daily Mail are reporting that it's way over 500k and looks like it could hit a million!!

Apparently Sky had to draft in more workers as it was mayhem on the phones, after all the marketing hats off to Haye and Sky ( even though it was a wank show)

Poor Frank Warren will be crying hahahah Khan does 30k Haye does 1 million hahahaha!!.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Reports coming out Haye did close if not over a million PPV'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's impressive. I'm always glad to see that many people interested in boxing, particularly the HW division. However, in this case I see it as a bit of a double-edged sword - it's great all those people tuned in to watch, however they had to sit through one of the most boring fights I have ever seen. As a result, I wonder if it will really benefit boxing in any tangible way... I guess we'll see how many tune in to Haye's next fight; I never thought I'd say this but Ruiz can't help but be more exciting than Valuev .

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Reports coming out Haye did close if not over a million PPV'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good PPV numbers are always a good thing. You know even though I bag on Haye a lot I appreciate the positive effect his popularity is having in the sport.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BoxingGorilla needs to seriously put in a PPV indicator because I'm the fucking champ at predicting what will sell well. Such a shame that my actual fight predictions are complete & utter toilet

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The bulk of Haye's purse was coming from the PPV. Hardly surprising then that he plugged the living shit out of it.

I couldn't believe how big this was in the last week. I know non-boxing fans that bought it.

Haye went from a 33/1 outsider into 3rd favourite for sports personaility of the year.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight caught the public imagination.

Almost everybody was talking about it.

Even my mother asked who did I think was going to win.
    Balls

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    The bulk of Haye's purse was coming from the PPV. Hardly surprising then that he plugged the living shit out of it.

I couldn't believe how big this was in the last week. I know non-boxing fans that bought it.

Haye went from a 33/1 outsider into 3rd favourite for sports personaility of the year.
    Yeah Haye made £5 from each PPV sale which are said today as being well over 500,000 on Sky. I'm so happy that the glamour division has finally started to get some recognition again.

Just checked william hill for Sports personality and he's 3rd favourite at 4/1. How is it decided? Is it public votes? If so 4/1 may be very good to get some money on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post

Yeah Haye made £5 from each PPV sale which are said today as being well over 500,000 on Sky. I'm so happy that the glamour division has finally started to get some recognition again.

Just checked william hill for Sports personality and he's 3rd favourite at 4/1. How is it decided? Is it public votes? If so 4/1 may be very good to get some money on.
    He 15/2 on betfair. Still 3rd favourite, but much better odds.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by robinswe01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post

He 15/2 on betfair. Still 3rd favourite, but much better odds.
    That is good. 7.5/1 I'll have to start an account on there. Was just going to check oddschecker for the best price. Does anyone know how it is decided yet??

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm pretty sure it's decided by public phone vote these days.

A panel chooses the top ten though. Haye will definitely get in.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes public vote mate, I think he has a decent chance there hasnt been any major winners/events this year his only rival I reckon is Jenson Button that could be a bad thing though as F1 is a BBC sport and they will probably promote Button to win it a bit more.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just had £10 on him at totesport. He was 8/1 there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

Yes public vote mate, I think he has a decent chance there hasnt been any major winners/events this year his only rival I reckon is Jenson Button that could be a bad thing though as F1 is a BBC sport and they will probably promote Button to win it a bit more.
    Well hopefully the 500,00+ people who bought the PPV will vote for Haye. Or at least I hope so now I've had money on him. I got a free £10 bet as a new customer and had Pac to win by decision @ 3/1 too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. During my normal days, people who wouldn't even entertain a conversation about boxing with me regardless were actually asking me about this fight, and you know what, despite the fight being poor, some of these people today say that Haye did really well so they are also very easily pleased too. Ha.

I would hazard a guess right here that the PPV numbers for Haye's fights will likely get bigger from here on in.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm in Malta and this was HUGE here

People packing into bars and pubs from 10pm onwards to see this freakshow and i do mean packing.

Could hardly move where i watched it and the locals love Haye for slaying the freak.

No suprise to me at all and all the bars had huge posters advertising the fight all week.

Are we not underestimating the pulling power of the Heavyweight division here just a bit?

it would have been the same buzz when Lennox was about and the Heavies have always been the Glamour division when it comes down to it...we just needed a haye to make us all realise.

OK he's no Ali, Tyson or even Lewis but he's got that swagger and attitude that has been missing.

So Proud of Haye for bringing a strap back to my Hometown and more importantly the UK.

I also feel a lot of the criticism he gets is mainly from jealous US fans as thay simply don't exist in the Division

Thread Information