Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Forbes Has Some Advantages Over ODLH

Physically he may be overmatched but he has some advantages mentally. I think he is with the perfect trainer for him in Jeff Mayweather. Jeff isnt the attention seeking, self-proclaimed greatest trainer like his brothers, but hes a good trainer who stands behind his fighters. Him and Forbes seem to have a lot in common and both feel they have something to prove. I dont think Oscar or Floyd Sr. feel they have something to prove in this fight and that could be a mistake. On paper it doesnt look like Forbes has any kind of chance against Oscar. But in boxing upsets do happen. This fight means a lot more to Forbes than it does to Oscar. Personally, I see Oscar winning the fight but look for Forbes to make a good account of himself and make a Oscar-Floyd rematch even less attractive. Forbes will accomplish something even if he loses...
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Forbes Has Some Advantages Over ODLH

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Physically he may be overmatched but he has some advantages mentally. I think he is with the perfect trainer for him in Jeff Mayweather. Jeff isnt the attention seeking, self-proclaimed greatest trainer like his brothers, but hes a good trainer who stands behind his fighters. Him and Forbes seem to have a lot in common and both feel they have something to prove. I dont think Oscar or Floyd Sr. feel they have something to prove in this fight and that could be a mistake. On paper it doesnt look like Forbes has any kind of chance against Oscar. But in boxing upsets do happen. This fight means a lot more to Forbes than it does to Oscar. Personally, I see Oscar winning the fight but look for Forbes to make a good account of himself and make a Oscar-Floyd rematch even less attractive. Forbes will accomplish something even if he loses...
    The only advantage Forbes has over ODLH is in running the 40. The experience, power, style and abilities are all in ODLH's corner. This is almost a lose lose for ODLH. Wins and he beats a smaller/inferior man. Lose and he has to retire IMMEDIATELY! This is looking bad for Forbes.
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu View Post
    The only advantage Forbes has over ODLH is in running the 40. The experience, power, style and abilities are all in ODLH's corner. This is almost a lose lose for ODLH. Wins and he beats a smaller/inferior man. Lose and he has to retire IMMEDIATELY! This is looking bad for Forbes.
    I think is a Win-Win for frobes and L-L for Oscar. Forbres has a chance of a lifetime and im sure he will make the best of it. If he suceeds at making Oscar look bad, a PFB rematch will look even more ridiculous and there will be less public interest than there already is.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think people should watch Cotto-Gomez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't be surprised if an upset happens either. I don't think his power and endurance will be effective, knowing that he's struggling/struggled to make 147. Tsk! tsk! That's a bad sign right there. Heck, let's not forget too that he had a hard time making 154 about a year ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    I think people should watch Cotto-Gomez
    Forbes has better skills than Gomez and Oscar isnt prime like Cotto. This fight is alot different imo. But yeah it is possible that it will go that way but i dont see Oscar beating him with ease.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two words Grady Brewer.This guy did beat him convincingly and I think De La Hoya is world's above Brewer.Forbes is too small,he may be quicker but by the end of the day it's like watching a lightweight with no punch fighting a middleweight.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if an upset happens either. I don't think his power and endurance will be effective, knowing that he's struggling/struggled to make 147. Tsk! tsk! That's a bad sign right there. Heck, let's not forget too that he had a hard time making 154 about a year ago.
    Oscar didn't have any trouble making 154, and I doubt he will have making 150 either. He isn't even training in altitude, there's no way he's actually having to drain himself seriously. Furthermore, there is no way his power will not be effective against Forbes. Steve is just a much smaller man with nowhere near the physicality to stand up to Oscar. It's a handpicked opponent. I can agree with the threads sentiment with regards to Forbes and Jeff Mayweather having a lot to prove in this fight as opposed to Floyd sr and Oscar, but I just don't see it as being enough to offset the huge edge Oscar has physically. I really don't see any way Forbes does as much as making him look bad, Oscar is an excellent fighter with fast hands of his own, Forbes won't even be the faster fighter. It's just a tune up for the Floyd rematch, somewhat reasonably slick and fast to keep Oscar sharp, but nowhere near enough to actually pose real threats.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu View Post
    Bigaru! I thought you had disappeared, good to see you back on the boards buddy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From my point of view Forbes only advantage is DLH might have some pity and not blast him out in a few rounds.

DLH is not gonna wanna be embaresed.He'll be in good shape come fight night.
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree that DLH is going to be (probably/ hopefully) near his best for this fight because a huge money fight with Mayweather is looming but we all saw what happened when he fought Sturm & a huge money fight with Hopkins was looming!

All I'm saying is it isn't implausible to think an upset can't happen, I mean DLH has been out of action for a year! Forbes is a pretty slick guy with a thick beard!

I don't see Oscar losing but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go the distance with Forbes having his successes along the way!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only advantage Forbes has is that ODLH is struggling to make weight.
    Which IMO is a HUGE advantage to have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    The only advantage Forbes has is that ODLH is struggling to make weight.
    Which IMO is a HUGE advantage to have.
    I have the same opinion. No doubt Forbes will dig DLH's body.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Breakdown

Forbes
    33-5-0
    9 KOs
    Height: 5' 7 1/2"