Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Look at this Dispicable Article by Michael Marley He insults HATTON!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs down Look at this Dispicable Article by Michael Marley He insults HATTON!

who have you fought Marley to disrespect this champion?

Michael Marley'�s Boxing Confidential� News, Analysis, and Commentary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Look at this Dispicable Article by Michael Marley He insults HATTON!

He is not making dfun of Hatton as a fighter but his camp for their claims of having opponents that will draw as many viewers as Pacquiao would.....

The joke is there is no one at the moment
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Look at this Dispicable Article by Michael Marley He insults HATTON!

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    He is not making dfun of Hatton as a fighter but his camp for their claims of having opponents that will draw as many viewers as Pacquiao would.....

The joke is there is no one at the moment

Well I find it a bit offensive because Hatton is a swell fellow and has always been a stand up guy.

Hatton could fight anyone and make more money then pacquiao, he doesnt need manny he could sell out wembly and fight 5 more times there and be wealthy.

He only needs manny so his ppv in American does well.

Look at hatton vs lazcano and that was coming off a lose to floyd jr! he sould 50k tickets.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In an ironic way Manny's demolition of Oscar has given impetus to the fact that the little guys, Marquez, Guzman, Diaz, Campbell, Valero etc could all compete at a higher weight class than previously thought.

Prior to that fight the best opponent for Hatton was Malignaggi, the only real threat at light welter. But Manny's win over Oscar at 147 now makes us all extremely interested to see how guys like Juan Manuel Marquez, Nate Campbell and Juan Diaz would do against Hatton at 140.

I agree with Moono that Hatton has a ton of competition out there now and doesn't need the Pacquaio fight by any means (although to be clear it IS the best fight out there for him).

A fight with Marquez would be huge. He could easily sell out Wembley and do a SKY PPV against Juan Diaz or Nate Campbell.

And if Barrera beats Khan that too would be a massive Wembley showdown in the making for later in the year.

Maybe even Khan himself if he were to beat Barrera.

Then there are wild card types like Edwin Valero, Zab Judah, possibly even Andre Berto all of which look very attractive fights.

After Manny Pacquaio himself Hatton has some of the most lucrative potential matchups of any fighter in boxing in any weight class. He definitely doesn't NEED Pacquiao although of course he is the best opponent in terms of money, legacy etc, but that is also true for Manny unless Floyd comes out of retirement.

Certainly I think Hatton could probably generate as much money for himself fighting Marquez, Diaz, Valero, Judah, Berto etc as Manny could.

Ricky could host those fights in the UK and make millions off the gate receipts alone. A nice healthy Sky deal as well he's sorted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    In an ironic way Manny's demolition of Oscar has given impetus to the fact that the little guys, Marquez, Guzman, Diaz, Campbell, Valero etc could all compete at a higher weight class than previously thought.

Prior to that fight the best opponent for Hatton was Malignaggi, the only real threat at light welter. But Manny's win over Oscar at 147 now makes us all extremely interested to see how guys like Juan Manuel Marquez, Nate Campbell and Juan Diaz would do against Hatton at 140.

I agree with Moono that Hatton has a ton of competition out there now and doesn't need the Pacquaio fight by any means (although to be clear it IS the best fight out there for him).

A fight with Marquez would be huge. He could easily sell out Wembley and do a SKY PPV against Juan Diaz or Nate Campbell.

And if Barrera beats Khan that too would be a massive Wembley showdown in the making for later in the year.

Then there are wild card types like Edwin Valero, Zab Judah, possibly even Andre Berto all of which look very attractive fights.

After Manny Pacquaio himself Hatton has some of the most lucrative potential matchups of any fighter in boxing in any weight class. He definitely doesn't NEED Pacquiao although of course he is the best opponent in terms of money, legacy etc, but that is also true for Manny unless Floyd comes out of retirement.

Certainly I think Hatton could probably generate as much money for himself fighting Marquez, Diaz, Valero, Judah, Berto etc as Manny could.

Ricky could host those fights in the UK and make millions off the gate receipts alone. A nice healthy Sky deal as well he's sorted.
    Very true

but hatton doesnt even need those guys, let him fight more lazcano types and he could make a bundle.

The only reason he needs pacquiao is because he is fighitng in America and pacquiao is the biggest draw he can get now to sell american ppv, since oscar lost to him and floyd jr is retired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Moono View Post

Very true

but hatton doesnt even need those guys, let him fight more lazcano types and he could make a bundle.

The only reason he needs pacquiao is because he is fighitng in America and pacquiao is the biggest draw he can get now to sell american ppv, since oscar lost to him and floyd jr is retired.

Yes Yes!!!! let Hatton avoid the very best fighters he possibly could sign against so he could make mopney fighting lesser opponents....

Do you work for Frank Warren?.....

I think Hatton would rather fight thje best names he can not the second tier...He is at the elite level

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes Yes!!!! let Hatton avoid the very best fighters he possibly could sign against so he could make mopney fighting lesser opponents....

I think Hatton would rather fight thje best names he can not the second tier...He is at the elite level
    I was referring to him making money, he can make money fighitng a scrub...but pacman wants money so he NEEDS hatton more then hatton needs pacquiao.

Hattons intention is to fight pacman and beat him for his legacy, pacmans is money and to give it away to people.

Hatton is the peoples champion he fights for the Legacy and he fights the tough guys only.

Pacman doesnt have the stuff that hatton has, I think Pacman would be scared to fight mayweather to be honest, I mean he avoided Guzman..his handlers hand fed him washed up fights which is sad cause I think pacman is a tough fighter.

If they put pacman against some prime fighters we would see more competitive fight of the years, remember pac vs jmm and pac vs morales the first fight?

thats what pacman looks like against live foes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very true

If he fought a few bums in a row and no one near the top his gate takings would diminish quickly. Sure he'd make a lot for a couple of fights but fans would soon get sick of him fighting bums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was referring to him making money, he can make money fighitng a scrub...but pacman wants money so he NEEDS hatton more then hatton needs pacquiao.

Hattons intention is to fight pacman and beat him for his legacy, pacmans is money and to give it away to people.

Hatton is the peoples champion he fights for the Legacy and he fights the tough guys only.

Pacman doesnt have the stuff that hatton has, I think Pacman would be scared to fight mayweather to be honest, I mean he avoided Guzman..his handlers hand fed him washed up fights which is sad cause I think pacman is a tough fighter.

If they put pacman against some prime fighters we would see more competitive fight of the years, remember pac vs jmm and pac vs morales the first fight?

?? are you serious your trying to pick apart Pacquiao.....

XaduBoxer Guest

Off-topic: Mr. Moono, I like your style...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: Look at this Dispicable Article by Michael Marley He insults HATTON!

Surprised?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well look at it this way who has Pacquiao fought who was as dangerous a 1 punch hitter as Kostya Tszyu?

Or as technical and primed as Floyd jr?

Pacman wouldnt last the 7th round with floyd jr, he wouldnt get as far as hatton did.

Floyd jr you must admit would pot shot pacquiao worse then he did hatton we must look at things objectively and honestly...from a boxing fan stand point style make fights and floyd jr style would make pacman easy money for him.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There you go again MOONo. Moon is related to being a lunatic.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For a second there...at the beginning of this,I thought you had found the light Moono

and then we go swerving off of the road into the underbrush & wilderness

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t think Pacquiao needs Hatton more than Hatton need Pacquiao.
    Maybe you’re right Hatton could sell out Wembley, maybe he could generate a lot of money fighting other opponents but same thing works for Manny too. You said Hatton will fight Pacman for his legacy so he NEEDS Pacman for his legacy. He desperately needs Pacman because he didn’t fight many big names (like Pac did) and he lost to one of them. I respect your opinion, I recognize he did a lot for this sport and I know what he means for the British fans but I think he needs more than Pacquiao to fight elite fighters. Of course if you speak just about money, you could be right

Thread Information