Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who in you opinion, was the better fighter?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Quick question... Who was/ is the better fighter

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Quick question... Who was/ is the better fighter

Accomplishments, Perfomrmances, style, P4P and just all in all....
    Who do you feel was the better fighter out of these two fighters.

Its something ive been struggling with today so of course i would value your opinions

As usuall feel free to discuss.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

ICB Guest

Default Re: Quick question... Who was/ is the better fighter

joel he beat diego in trilogy only lost two close decisions to castillo acelino freitas so id say him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    joel he beat diego in trilogy only lost two close decisions to castillo acelino freitas so id say him
    Exactly my thoughts ICE COLD,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmmm,strange choice of comparison bro! For me ,Casamyor alllllllll the way! There is a reason PBF did not fight him Seriously,Joel is super skilled,southpaw,slick,crafty can just upset the odds. Close fights and wins with Castillo,Corrales and Freitas(he could have got the decision in all of those fights) shows how good he is.

Corley,with no disrespect meant to him or any of his fans,is more of a journeyman/guard at 140. He's not particularly brilliant in any 1 area,he can be awkward but he has had chances against Witter,Cotto,Judah and PBF and just did not show me enough desire. The best thing I can think of to talk about with Corley is that he shook PBF twice? and had Cotto out?? That's it.

So,in conclusion,I think for me personally,Casamayor is the better fighter in nearly every aspect beginning with skills to accomplishments to who I think would win in a fight(P4P sense). Hope this helps

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Exactly my thoughts ICE COLD,
    cheers mate cc back

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Hmmm,strange choice of comparison bro! For me ,Casamyor alllllllll the way! There is a reason PBF did not fight him Seriously,Joel is super skilled,southpaw,slick,crafty can just upset the odds. Close fights and wins with Castillo,Corrales and Freitas(he could have got the decision in all of those fights) shows how good he is.

Corley,with no disrespect meant to him or any of his fans,is more of a journeyman/guard at 140. He's not particularly brilliant in any 1 area,he can be awkward but he has had chances against Witter,Cotto,Judah and PBF and just did not show me enough desire. The best thing I can think of to talk about with Corley is that he shook PBF twice? and had Cotto out?? That's it.

So,in conclusion,I think for me personally,Casamayor is the better fighter in nearly every aspect beginning with skills to accomplishments to who I think would win in a fight(P4P sense). Hope this helps
    LOL, this is kinda why i wanted your opinions on him (damn, my secret is out! ).

I was just looking through boxrec and noticed Floyd fought Corley staright after Juda beat him.
    I also noticed that (okay fair enough Freitas arrived at 135 a bit late) but Cassamayor and Freitas surely would lof been better fights at 135 than say Brussles and Corely at 140?

Point being:-
    a) i stil dont feel that his stay at 140 was exactly worth anything and
    b) the reason i think this is he could of made far more (i hate this phrase) "career defining" fights at 135.

Also i noticed (forgot) that Cotto (although being rocked) Knocked Corley TFO! Which made me like him even more (plus i now like his chances against Juda even more... Maybe not Floyd though )

Anyways.... all round peeps, you've been a great help
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

ICB Guest

no problem mate cc back

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC back and yep,I don't know why PBF chose to fight Corley etc either when guys like Cas were around....

Thread Information