Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Luis Collazo camp notes!

After losing what many considered to be a controversial decision to England’s Ricky Hatton, Luis Collazo of Williamsburg, Brooklyn did more than enough to win over the suits at HBO. The stage is set Saturday, February 10th, the Puerto Rican southpaw will engage in battle with the former three division champion and future hall of famer “Sugar” Shane Mosley at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada for the WBC Interim Welterweight Championship.

Under the guidance of Byron Oglesby, Collazo (27-2, 13 KO’s) will be completing a 4-week training camp in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. With the first two weeks in the bag already, FightNews spoke candidly with Oglesby as we get a sneak peak into the Collazo camp.

Mosley (43-4, 38 KO’s) was originally scheduled to face Kermit Cintron for his IBF championship, but due to contractual problems between Cintron and his promoter Bobby Bostick, Cintron was scratched and in came Collazo. Collazo is no stranger to taking fights on short notice. The Hatton fight was on short notice and he beat Jose Antonio Rivera for the WBA welterweight title on two weeks notice. Read more...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Luis Collazo camp notes!

I can smell an upset with this fight; i think collazo is a hell of alot better than people give him credit for, and that being why mosley is fighting him, GBP wanna sign him... mosley has little to gain from this fight apart from making collazo a GB fighter

my pick would be collazo UD, mosley could sneak it to tho, i think it will finish around 116-114

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Totally agrre mate
    Collazo can have a tear-up for fun and is hugely underatted imo.
    No one does that to ricky but he did and i have untold respect for him and wish him a fine future.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winky doesn't duck anyone either. Good match up.

Mind you ...... what in the name of fu ckery i s the 'Interim welterweight championship'

Soon we'll have guys fighting for the 'WBC Almost but Not Quite Assistant Understudy Intercontinental Nearly Top Ten Welterwoeght title'

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh i dont get the interim thing...

Either its vacant..And theyr fighting for it...

Or its not on the line atall....

Whats it gona be..Cos you dont fight for a title that isnt quite on the line...
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys have to look at Mosley's style as compared to Hatton's. Any good boxer at 147 will give Hatton problems because Hatton simply comes in relentlessly, pins his opponent's arm, and digs to the body until the referee steps in. Good boxers with movement avoid this type of style. Mosley is more of a boxer; thus Collazo will have a difficult time with Shane, more than most people think. Basically what I am saying is that you can't judge the Mosley-Collazo fight based on Collazo's fight with Hatton. I believe Shane will win because of his experience as a boxer and the fact that Collazo does not possess the power to seriously hurt Mosley. But then Collazo seems very motivated these days and is looking to prove that he is for real. He seems to be taking his career seriously. Maybe the fight is a toss up.

Thread Information