Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MArquez the greatest Mexican of this era....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default MArquez the greatest Mexican of this era....

What a great technical fight and Marquez with his skills and heart did what he does best. GReat great fight
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

ICB Guest

Default Re: MArquez the greatest Mexican of this era....

Juan Manuel Marquez took some big left hands from Joel Casamayor and never looked like going down so the future looks great for Marquez at Lightweight great performance from Marquez i had Marquez up 6-4 going into the 11th.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez fought a great fight and I didn't see that ko comming at all, but I guess even the greatest of chins crumbles after getting pounded that much. I 'd love to see pac-jmm 3, even though I don't think we'd have a clear winner this time either...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't get that very often. Two great technical boxers delivering a very entertaining fight even a brawler lover could get into.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JMM hasnt got the typical Mexican ROCK chin , but really is proving he is a fantastic fighter.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think Marquez could prove he is the greatest of this era vs Casa but he performed well last night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All he beat was a 36 yr old past it Joel Casamayor who got heavily outboxed by Santa Cruz and was getting beat by the one-dimensional Michael Katsidis until he threw one luckyshot which knocked Katsidis out. Of course it was a good achievement but stop overrating JMM. Let's remember he got knocked down 4 times in 2 fights with Pac and Barrera IMO beat JMM and Marquez got floored in that fight too.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    I dont think Marquez could prove he is the greatest of this era vs Casa but he performed well last night
    I always have issues with "the greatest" tag. He's certainly a quality fighter with a very good resume. No doubt about that.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If JMM can continue on this path of wining and close out his career in style he would have def. sealed that he is on par with "Finito" Lopez, Roman, Sanchez & Canto as the greatest tactical fighters that Mexico has produced.

Anyone who can't see how JMM voids and nullifies his opponents as fights go on is fucken blind.

Look I'm not a PBF fan but it's clear to see his greatness when he's counterpunching and fighting on the defensive.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    All he beat was a 36 yr old past it Joel Casamayor who got heavily outboxed by Santa Cruz and was getting beat by the one-dimensional Michael Katsidis until he threw one luckyshot which knocked Katsidis out.
    It's the way the cookie crumbles lefty.
    Fighters have for hundreds of years done this where age among other things factors in.
    How many times in the past and today are fighters labeled past it and then they pull a rabbit out of a hat and win?

I'm a huge fan of Erik but if your gonna use that old criteria here then the same can be said for when Erik beat Zaragoza.
    I think your talking from a fan point of view to which your not certain on the entire career of the fighters your just speaking from what you've seen recently. Just know that theres more then then meets the eye.

JMM won fair and square early in the fight Casa fought well but the superior fighter prevailed.

You say Casa threw a lucky shot, well luck is part of the game also and it's not ilegal in prizefighting. If were not couting lucky shots that win fights you know how many fights would be void because of a lucky shot?

Of course it was a good achievement but stop overrating JMM.
    A good achievement?
    Are you kidding me lefty?
    JMM just joined the exclusive club of being a 3 division champ along with Julio C. Chavez, Erik Morales & Marco A. Barrera. (As far as Mexican fighters go)
    I would say that's more then good that is brilliant.

Overrating JMM come on man if it's one thing JMM isn't that's overrated. For many years he was underrated and overshadowed by the big supertars now late in his career he's finally getting the long overdue respect he deserves by the masses.

Let's remember he got knocked down 4 times in 2 fights with Pac and Barrera IMO beat JMM and Marquez got floored in that fight too.
    You are right he hit the canvas 3 times in 1 round but it also means he got up 3 times and quite possibly amounted thee greatest comeback in a fight.
    Pacs power was superior and it will always be superior vs. almost anyone Pac fights against. But if it's easy to see how great JMM was able to box and at times make Pac look completely out of his game.

I love these matchups and have learned to love and respect fighters like Pac and MAB whom I wasn't big fans of but as I've matured as a fan I realize that matchups like this is what will forever have me as a fan. These Erik, MAB, JMM, Naz, Pac matchups although years apart are just fantastic and I've had an opp. to meet them all minus Naz and Pac (hopefully next month I'll meet Pac).

All in all lefty, I think your a cool kid but this time you clearly talked out of your arse...
    Last edited by CutMeMick; 09-14-2008 at 06:41 PM.

SigmaMu Guest

I am not huge on JMM and I should be Last nights fight was a great fight. And for the record, the stoppage was fair after reviewing the replay. Casa did not protest which is a clear indication most of the time that the figher was pretty much done.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

does anybody think that JMM could become mexico's first 4 division champ now, could he go up to 140 and defeat one of the current champs as it is a weak division, he could just go up after a few fights at 135 to take on someone like holt or bradley and get that 4th weight title without too much difficulty, also theres a chance especially if pac fights hatton after DLh that their 3rd fight could happen at that weight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    All he beat was a 36 yr old past it Joel Casamayor who got heavily outboxed by Santa Cruz and was getting beat by the one-dimensional Michael Katsidis until he threw one luckyshot which knocked Katsidis out.
    It's the way the cookie crumbles lefty.
    Fighters have for hundreds of years done this where age among other things factors in.
    How many times in the past and today are fighters labeled past it and then they pull a rabbit out of a hat and win?

I'm a huge fan of Erik but if your gonna use that old criteria here then the same can be said for when Erik beat Zaragoza.
    I think your talking from a fan point of view to which your not certain on the entire career of the fighters your just speaking from what you've seen recently. Just know that theres more then then meets the eye.

JMM won fair and square early in the fight Casa fought well but the superior fighter prevailed.

You say Casa threw a lucky shot, well luck is part of the game also and it's not ilegal in prizefighting. If were not couting lucky shots that win fights you know how many fights would be void because of a lucky shot?

Of course it was a good achievement but stop overrating JMM.
    A good achievement?
    Are you kidding me lefty?
    JMM just joined the exclusive club of being a 3 division champ along with Julio C. Chavez, Erik Morales & Marco A. Barrera. (As far as Mexican fighters go)
    I would say that's more then good that is brilliant.

Overrating JMM come on man if it's one thing JMM isn't that's overrated. For many years he was underrated and overshadowed by the big supertars now late in his career he's finally getting the long overdue respect he deserves by the masses.

Let's remember he got knocked down 4 times in 2 fights with Pac and Barrera IMO beat JMM and Marquez got floored in that fight too.
    You are right he hit the canvas 3 times in 1 round but it also means he got up 3 times and quite possibly amounted thee greatest comeback in a fight.
    Pacs power was superior and it will always be superior vs. almost anyone Pac fights against. But if it's easy to see how great JMM was able to box and at times make Pac look completely out of his game.

I love these matchups and have learned to love and respect fighters like Pac and MAB whom I wasn't big fans of but as I've matured as a fan I realize that matchups like this is what will forever have me as a fan. These Erik, MAB, JMM, Naz, Pac matchups although years apart are just fantastic and I've had an opp. to meet them all minus Naz and Pac (hopefully next month I'll meet Pac).

All in all lefty, I think your a cool kid but this time you clearly talked out of your arse...

you do ?!?!?!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea he was knocked down but at least he was not knocked out like Eric and Mab so i think that says somthing about JMM dont you dude.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanhatton View Post
    does anybody think that JMM could become mexico's first 4 division champ now, could he go up to 140 and defeat one of the current champs as it is a weak division, he could just go up after a few fights at 135 to take on someone like holt or bradley and get that 4th weight title without too much difficulty, also theres a chance especially if pac fights hatton after DLh that their 3rd fight could happen at that weight
    Brilliant post kid
    I think JMM himself and his team should def. look at the big picture here and should def. consider taking a step to 140 and go for that 4th title it would fucken be magnificent for JMM.
    As they say good things come to those who wait and JMM has had a lot of major set backs but looking at it now it looks like it was well worth the long trip.

I think they should go after the 4th title and just fly past Erik & MAB who for the better part had all the attention.

Thread Information