Thread: Another hypothetical fight: Tommy Hearns vs Gerald McClellan at 168lbs

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Another hypothetical fight: Tommy Hearns vs Gerald McClellan at 168lbs

Don't ask me, I'm asking you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Another hypothetical fight: Tommy Hearns vs Gerald McClellan at 168lbs

McClellan is good, but he is no Hearns...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Another hypothetical fight: Tommy Hearns vs Gerald McClellan at 168lbs

Either Hearns outboxes him or Mcclelan knocks him out silly....At 168lbs it is anyone's game imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    Either Hearns outboxes him or Mcclelan knocks him out silly....At 168lbs it is anyone's game imo
    I love Hearns but he had a suspect chin BIG TIME!!!! Mcclellan had freakish Power and was not a bad boxer, No were near Hearns of course But Geralad Blew everyone out in the 1st 2 Rounds INCLUDING BENN THAT F$#^ING CHEATER!!!!!!! Sorry that fight pisses me off...Gerald was never really tested till Benn IMO was holding his own, I would have to say McClellan at 168 though Gerald would of Knocked Out Tommy there is no doubt that it would have been a Hagler vs Hearns and Gerald was a harder puncher than Hagler, I think Tommy at a lighterweight would be more imposing though and would be faster..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steward says McClellan is the best he's ever had.

G-Man wins this no problem. Just watch the sparring footage, he had to hold himself back on Tommy (this was '8.

ICB Guest

i reckon this would only go 3 rounds max i think geralds better chin would be the factor in this fight. gerald would ko hearns. gerald has got good chin and great power and this fight would be like hagler vs hearns. hearns has hes moments but gerald would catch him and good night tommy hearns.

ICB Guest

julian jackson vs nigel benn man that would of been good fight shame it never happened

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jtrock
    I love Hearns but he had a suspect chin BIG TIME!!!! Mcclellan had freakish Power and was not a bad boxer, No were near Hearns of course But Geralad Blew everyone out in the 1st 2 Rounds INCLUDING BENN THAT F$#^ING CHEATER!!!!!!! Sorry that fight pisses me off...Gerald was never really tested till Benn IMO was holding his own, I would have to say McClellan at 168 though Gerald would of Knocked Out Tommy there is no doubt that it would have been a Hagler vs Hearns and Gerald was a harder puncher than Hagler, I think Tommy at a lighterweight would be more imposing though and would be faster..
    How is Benn a cheater
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

julian jackson. the man was nearly blind btu had awsome power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    How is Benn a cheater
    Hitting behind the head and rabbit punching is illegal and so is holding and hitting the back of the head its very dangerous and unecessary....A few fights and clips I have seen of Benn he hits and clubs to the back of the head

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How is Benn a cheater
    Hitting behind the head and rabbit punching is illegal and so is holding and hitting the back of the head its very dangerous and unecessary....A few fights and clips I have seen of Benn he hits and clubs to the back of the head
    If you want to label all fighters who don't obide entirely to the Queensbury rules a Cheater, then you'll go a long way to find a fighter that aint one ;-)
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BK
    McClellan is good, but he is no Hearns...
    as with most of Hearns's big fights....it will be the first to land the big one....Hearns wins.....maybe....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How is Benn a cheater
    If you want to label all fighters who don't obide entirely to the Queensbury rules a Cheater, then you'll go a long way to find a fighter that aint one ;-)
    I understand and am not a stikler for the rules but hitting in the back of the head is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS!!! if it wasnt then it would be acceptable, hitting and clubbing in the back of the head is what Benn consistently did

Between him doing that and the atrocisity of an officiating Job the Ref did it cost McClellan his normal life...

Benn got a huge benefit of homecookin that nite and that ref should of been run out of boxing that piece of biased shit!!! Benn got TKO'D in round 1 and then ref on a few occasions held McClellan back for NO reason other than to let Benn recover SHAMEFUL...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Hearns would be able to outbox McClellan and then finish him off late on.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    julian jackson vs nigel benn man that would of been good fight shame it never happened
    Jackson would of stopped him in 4.

Thread Information