Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Prime Pavlik vs Golovkin of now

Who wins!? Pavlik when he beat Miranda, Taylor & Lockett or Golovkin who's just beaten Stevens & Macklin ?

It's a pick em for me!

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Prime Pavlik vs Golovkin of now

Id pick Pavlik.

Stevens hit Golovkin plenty but I doubt he had the weight of punch that Pavlik does he also doesn't have his strength or will to win.

Pavlik was a deceivingly good fighter. He looked slow and basic but he was strong and had good fundamentals and if Golovkin did move up and face Froch he would find out somewhat what it would have been like to face Pavlik.

Golovkin doesnt move his head, his power is intimidating fighters to perform but even Stevens who was beaten by Brinkley was encouraged to throw against him. Its just a stregth advantage like Abraham had. Remember what everyone thought of Abraham before he moved to supermiddle and that to me is Golovkin.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Id pick Pavlik.

Stevens hit Golovkin plenty but I doubt he had the weight of punch that Pavlik does he also doesn't have his strength or will to win.

Pavlik was a deceivingly good fighter. He looked slow and basic but he was strong and had good fundamentals and if Golovkin did move up and face Froch he would find out somewhat what it would have been like to face Pavlik.

Golovkin doesnt move his head, his power is intimidating fighters to perform but even Stevens who was beaten by Brinkley was encouraged to throw against him. Its just a stregth advantage like Abraham had. Remember what everyone thought of Abraham before he moved to supermiddle and that to me is Golovkin.
    Golovkin may fare just as baddly as abraham did if he moved up to supermiddle but that's because I think he's already an undersized middle not due to their similarity of styles. I don't think golo and abraham are at all alike in their style. Golo has yet to rely on his power to bail him out, its not like he looses rounds being outboxed and then lands a hail mary punch like abe had a tendency to do. I would have loved to have seen this and and would have been epic probably.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by oakleyno1 View Post
    Who wins!? Pavlik when he beat Miranda, Taylor & Lockett or Golovkin who's just beaten Stevens & Macklin ?

It's a pick em for me!
    Great matchup. I think Golovkins work rate would carry him to victory. But, he's never tasted power like Pavliks right hand. Pavlik could box a bit too as evidenced by the second Taylor fight.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Id pick Pavlik.

Abraham and Golovkin are nothing alike aside from having power imo, in fact the way Stevens fought Golovkin was more of an Abraham approach. GGG has a good workrate considering his poise, he creates his own openings behind the jab and doesn't give rounds away.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Pavlik was willing to sponge too many punches in order to make his own point and Golovkin is levels above with just more gears. He can fight behind the jab to set up body work and the way Pavlik had to set up shop first would work bad against him and keep Kelly on his heels big time.

jon09 Guest

I'm still not completely sold on GGG. I think Pavlik was a beast and broke down fighters that wanted to stand in front of him. Pavlik by knockout in a bloody battle.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik would fuck his shit up.. GGG needs to stop speaking english cuz he sounds rubbish.. Good boy Good boy sounds fuckin retarded.

Prime Pavlik would kill his ass

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I think Pavlik was willing to sponge too many punches in order to make his own point and Golovkin is levels above with just more gears. He can fight behind the jab to set up body work and the way Pavlik had to set up shop first would work bad against him and keep Kelly on his heels big time.
    Agreed!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Pavlik would fuck his shit up.. GGG needs to stop speaking english cuz he sounds rubbish.. Good boy Good boy sounds fuckin retarded.

You are wrong, Sir. GGG would do the same thing to Pavlik that he did to Stevens.
    I do agree that he should talk through an interpreter. He sounded bad, but showed a set of testes you don't see every day, in the attempt.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The GGG-Abraham comparison is weird. They fight nothing alike. Pavlik might have had success forcing him onto the backfoot. But remember Taylor had Pavlik stumbling all over the shop like a pisshead. Exciting fight whilst it lasts before Pavlik is ironed out.

Golovkin seems to be getting a bit of stick over the Stevens fight, but it was Stevens who went into his shell, if GGG had got a bit reckless and then splattered by one of those big lefthooks there'd be a hundred "I told you he was a hype job" threads
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

The words you use are not correct English , so what's your point ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

El Kabong Guest

GGG ALL DAY! Pavlik is one dimensional and a little ponderous. He was a very big middleweight but I think GGG has enough defense and enough brains to land his hardest shots and a good enough chin to take Pavlik's punches.

It would be a hell of a scrap though

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll take GGG but really it's a crazy pick-em fight to me. I think Kelly was really underrated for his boxing skill.

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG would win he is a quality fighter and operator. Pavlik hit hard and could box a little but he was put down by Miranda and Taylor and Golovkin would punish and finish him off if he had that chance.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information