Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hatton hardly landed a punch against Collazo. He lost that fight in my opinion.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hatton hardly landed a punch against Collazo. He lost that fight in my opinion.

I would have scored it 116-112 Collazo. Hatton was outboxed, outpunched and outclassed. The only thing Hatton did better than Collazo was holding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton hardly landed a punch against Collazo. He lost that fight in my opinion.

Another Hatton bashing topic! Must make it 100 now.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton hardly landed a punch against Collazo. He lost that fight in my opinion.

its funny because compubox had ricky outlanding Collazo 350 to 300...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sexydarin
    I would have scored it 116-112 Collazo. Hatton was outboxed, outpunched and outclassed. The only thing Hatton did better than Collazo was holding.
    Go and watch the fight again especially the first 5/6 rounds, this time watch it without being a hater and you will see Hatton landed some nice hooks to the body aswell as some clean shots to the face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Go and watch the fight again especially the first 5/6 rounds, this time watch it without being a hater and you will see Hatton landed some nice hooks to the body aswell as some clean shots to the face.
    I had Hatton winning the fight 114 - 113 but I dont know how you could have him ahead after the first 6 rounds. I gave rounds 3, 4, 5 and 6 all to Collazo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree totally with the thread title but if you just watch the fight,you see Collazo landed the cleaner,harder,more effective punches. Hatton may have landed more but that was according to compubox,which counts everything! I'd prefer to use my own eyes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Feather Fisted
    Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    I had Hatton winning the fight 114 - 113 but I dont know how you could have him ahead after the first 6 rounds. I gave rounds 3, 4, 5 and 6 all to Collazo.
    Thats when Hatton had his best period IMO, i cant remember the exact scoring but i think i gave Collazo 4 and 6 of the first 6 not 100% sure but Hatton was at his strongest in the early parts of the fight.

Also watching the fight again last nite there is arguments for both to win this fight, Collazo landed the more effective cleaner punches but if you watch the fight these cam in 30/40 second spurts with Hatton mostly otworking and pressing him for the remainder of the rounds, i mean the cleaner shots seem to stick out in peoples minds when they watch the fight, and especially with the Effect Collazo was having with his shots, but like i say after watching it again last nite, Hatton was outworking him for 3/4 of most rounds which could easily be seen as him taking those rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

try watching the fight with your eyes open then.

Hatton threw more, Landed more and had a higher hit percentage than collazo (official compubox stats). Oh and he scored the only knockdown of the fight.

there should be no more arguments about this fight, The stats prove it!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton hardly landed a punch against Collazo. He lost that fight in my opin

I think the most decisive factor in Collazo looking like the winner was the 12th round where he almost had Ricky out on his feet. Going into the final round I had Ricky ahead but needing the 12th to secure it.

The 12th was a huge round for Collazo, similar to Danny Williams against Matt Skelton, although here Collazo had been a menace for the whole fight rather than Wlliams who as usual had done absolutely fuck all up to that point.

Collazo deserved to win this fight more than Danny Williams deserved to beat Matt Skelton but this is boxing.

Ricky must know in his heart that he didn't win that fight, it was his name and reputation, not to mention his contract with HBO that saw him through.

I think there has to be a rematch in Manchester before the end of the year. Ricky will forever go down in my estimation if he fails to give Collazo a chance to avenge his (I think unjust) defeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton hardly landed a punch against Collazo. He lost that fight in my opin

Ok, first of all I would like to point out that Compubox is a load of crap. At the end of the day, Compubox is just another two humans at ringside with an opinion on what landed and what didn't. It is NOT matter of fact and should never be relied upon completely. That is not to say that Hatton did not land more, I'm just pointing out that people seem to be basing opinions based solely on Compubox which is wrong.
    Secondly, just because a fighter lands more punches in a fight does not mean that he won more rounds.... think about that one. If you are scoring a fight round by round, a boxer who lands 500 punches in a fight compared to 11 punches for the other guy could just as easily have lost every round in the fight except for one round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

another ignorant hatton hater

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can understand people thinking Collazo scraped it, but to say he won 9 of the last 11 rounds (Hatton 10-8 1st round) leaves you with no credibility whatsoever

Bored to death of all this to be honest - it was a very close fight end of!!!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

exactly.........this reminds me of that stupid Taylor-Hopkins match where all Taylor haters were utterly convinced that Hopkins won by a landslide. ugh!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie
    Ok, first of all I would like to point out that Compubox is a load of crap. At the end of the day, Compubox is just another two humans at ringside with an opinion on what landed and what didn't. It is NOT matter of fact and should never be relied upon completely. That is not to say that Hatton did not land more, I'm just pointing out that people seem to be basing opinions based solely on Compubox which is wrong.
    Secondly, just because a fighter lands more punches in a fight does not mean that he won more rounds.... think about that one. If you are scoring a fight round by round, a boxer who lands 500 punches in a fight compared to 11 punches for the other guy could just as easily have lost every round in the fight except for one round.
    Have another look at the title of this topic!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RHHatton
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggie
    Have another look at the title of this topic!!
    And...?
    I wasn't referring to the title of this thread, just people that said that Hatton deserved to win because he threw and landed more according to Compubox. If you read my previous post, I was just stating why that was wrong.
    For what it is worth, I had Collazo winning the fight on my scorecard.

Thread Information