Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Scrap, just wondering your opinion on this stretch

you find a flat surace that you can reach one of your legs past (A door frame, or for example when I'm at the gym a pillar) and you place the leg you want to stretch straight up the flat surface so that you both your heel and which ever arse cheek the leg is attached to are flat up against the surface. You have to make sure that your knee joint is fully extended other wise it won't work. You do the same with the other leg. you extend it fully and kep it flat on the floor. It helps if you have some one to keep your foot upright because untill your loose enough its quiet hard to keep the ankle twisted.

keep your back flat on the floor. Basiclly all you're doing is making a right angle with your legs.

Its a powerfull stretch, just wondering if you think that its putting to much stress on certain areas etc.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Scrap, just wondering your opinion on this stretch

I think what youre talking about is a hamstring stretch Adam, its ok. what you could do which is better, get a 4ft peice 2" webbing or rubber. Lay on your back, webbing in either hand put over foot by putting nee on chest other leg straight on floor. Then straighten leg under tension, keeping hips on floor hold for 15 secs then change. You can do it with both feet at the same time keeping hips on floor putting webbing behind knees, legs straight pulling legs to you, this will stretch your gluets regards
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah, it does, it stretches the hamstring. I'm trying to figure out if I've made sense of your one.

I lie on my back with the webbing in my hand, I pull my knee to my chest and then rap the webbing round it (do I hold both ends with my hands and loop it round my leg once?) then extend it?

Probably one of those things you'll have to show me...

One I randomly found out which seems to work is I I lie with my back on the floor and then lift one leg off the floor from the hips and over the other leg, keeping the knee straight it seems to stretch my hamstrings and somewhere in my arse if I do it properly... I dunno

I'll have to get some rubber bands the next time I'm in a hardware store... probably when I block pave my front path so its a bit of a catch 22 situation... not been near a sledge hammer or shovel for about 8 months so you can help me when I put my back out?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hard explaining stretchs, no you put the webbing over the foot. thenpush up with the knee as you pull the foot back on the webbing, it stretches the achilles as well.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Thread Information