Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Margarito to fight ... drumroll ... COSME RIVERA!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Margarito to fight ... drumroll ... COSME RIVERA!!!

As stated by the unreliable boxrec.com. Take it for what it is. I won't believe it until the contracts are signed, but if this is true, when the fuck is Tony gonna step up his competition? You have to earn big money fights, how about Judah, how about Paul Williams, how about Carlos Quintana, how about Oscar Diaz, how about Juan Lazcano, how about Luis Collazo, how about anybody else than a guy Zab Judah obliterated into dust? I definitely think Floyd is being stupid and not helping his own cause by not taking the Tony fight but why doesn't Tony fight someone with a real chance to beat him? He's doing the same thing Floyd is doing. Tony doesn't wanna fight anyone dangerous that might beat him before he gets a big money fight. The same thing Floyd is doing waiting for ODLH. Floyd can do whatever he wants, he a HOF, and has earned his pinstripes by beating championship fighters. Who the fuck has Tony beat? And now he's rumored to fight Cosme Rivera? WTF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Margarito to fight ... drumroll ... COSME RIVERA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    As stated by the unreliable boxrec.com. Take it for what it is. I won't believe it until the contracts are signed, but if this is true, when the F*** is Tony gonna step up his competition? You have to earn big money fights, how about Judah, how about Paul Williams, how about Carlos Quintana, how about Oscar Diaz, how about Juan Lazcano, how about Luis Collazo, how about anybody else than a guy Zab Judah obliterated into dust? I definitely think Floyd is being stupid and not helping his own cause by not taking the Tony fight but why doesn't Tony fight someone with a real chance to beat him? He's doing the same thing Floyd is doing. Tony doesn't wanna fight anyone dangerous that might beat him before he gets a big money fight. The same thing Floyd is doing waiting for ODLH. Floyd can do whatever he wants, he a HOF, and has earned his pinstripes by beating championship fighters. Who the F*** has Tony beat? And now he's rumored to fight Cosme Rivera? WTF.

if boxrec is telling the truth for once (i doubt it) then at least you can say that he is fighting somebody closer to his level than floyd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    As stated by the unreliable boxrec.com. Take it for what it is. I won't believe it until the contracts are signed, but if this is true, when the F*** is Tony gonna step up his competition? You have to earn big money fights, how about Judah, how about Paul Williams, how about Carlos Quintana, how about Oscar Diaz, how about Juan Lazcano, how about Luis Collazo, how about anybody else than a guy Zab Judah obliterated into dust? I definitely think Floyd is being stupid and not helping his own cause by not taking the Tony fight but why doesn't Tony fight someone with a real chance to beat him? He's doing the same thing Floyd is doing. Tony doesn't wanna fight anyone dangerous that might beat him before he gets a big money fight. The same thing Floyd is doing waiting for ODLH. Floyd can do whatever he wants, he a HOF, and has earned his pinstripes by beating championship fighters. Who the F*** has Tony beat? And now he's rumored to fight Cosme Rivera? WTF.

cc for the accurate statement too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cosme Rivera isn't the best opponent out there for Margie and what I am about to say doesn't necessarily apply in this case, but just because Judah defeated Cosme doesn't make him unfightable for the next man. Just because Margarito dismanteled Cintron doesn't necessarily mean that Mayweayher shouldn't fight him. Part of all the rocking chair trash talk is being able to say you beat the same guys everyone else did.

I understand at some point you have to stand across the ring from a legitimate challenge. I'm just not that angry if Cosme, Cintron or the like get a chance to fight while everyone is making up there mind what to do next.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rivera is actually a step up for Margarito. He only has 9 losses. Gomez had 10. Little by little Margarito will work his way to a good opponent. We might all be dead by than, but he'll get there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla

Cosme Rivera isn't the best opponent out there for Margie and what I am about to say doesn't necessarily apply in this case, but just because Judah defeated Cosme doesn't make him unfightable for the next man. Just because Margarito dismanteled Cintron doesn't necessarily mean that Mayweayher shouldn't fight him. Part of all the rocking chair trash talk is being able to say you beat the same guys everyone else did.

I understand at some point you have to stand across the ring from a legitimate challenge. I'm just not that angry if Cosme, Cintron or the like get a chance to fight while everyone is making up there mind what to do next.
    So Margarito gets a freebee for fighting Cosme and Judah destroys Cosme and people call Rivera a bum? But when Margarito does people say its not a bad fight for him. And they are the same people who think that he could beat Judah? Is there a double standard somewhere there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Margarito gets a freebee for fighting Cosme and Judah destroys Cosme and people call Rivera a bum? But when Margarito does people say its not a bad fight for him. And they are the same people who think that he could beat Judah? Is there a double standard somewhere there -- Pretty Little Angel Eyes

I'm not sure what you are saying to me with this.

My post isn't supporting any particular fighter. I'm just saying for people like Cintron and Cosme getting beat by Mayweather or Judah shouldn't necessarily mean you are complete sh*t and should be skipped over by everyone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh nooooooo I wasn't talking about you boo I'm sowwi bout that.

I was talking saying that Margarito gets a freebee from some writers and fans etc that accept him fighting Rivera, but they never mentioned Rivera as a "somebody" that Zab beat. But when they say Margarito is gonna fight him they think it will be a good test for Margarito but at the same time pick Margarito against people like Judah and Mayweather.

Thats what I meant. I'm sorry, it wasn't toward u

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

actually, the one thing boxrec is accurate about is upcoming fights, i would expect this to happen if its there, and i would expect it to be followed by

"I BEAT THE GREAT COSME RIVERA, NOW PBF HAS TO FIGHT ME"

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    Oh nooooooo I wasn't talking about you boo I'm sowwi bout that.

I was talking saying that Margarito gets a freebee from some writers and fans etc that accept him fighting Rivera, but they never mentioned Rivera as a "somebody" that Zab beat. But when they say Margarito is gonna fight him they think it will be a good test for Margarito but at the same time pick Margarito against people like Judah and Mayweather.

Thats what I meant. I'm sorry, it wasn't toward u
    I'm just guessing here sweetheart, but your a Judah fan ain't you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not really. I like Judah when he's focused and winning, it's pretty much a fight by fight basis, when he becomes a consistant fighter, I'll become a consistant fan. When he does well he deserves to be cheered but when he messes up he deserves to be booed. why? because he can do better then what he's done. He's accomplished a lot but he should have done more.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whats up bros,

Who really wants to see this fight? Margarito Vs Cintron was something people wanted to see. Margarito Vs C. Rivera I don't think so, it's a stay busy fight for Margarito. I think he wants to fight the best but no one wants to fight him, like Winky.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    actually, the one thing boxrec is accurate about is upcoming fights, i would expect this to happen if its there, and i would expect it to be followed by

"I BEAT THE GREAT COSME RIVERA, NOW PBF HAS TO FIGHT ME"

they werent accurate about mayweather/delahoya when they had that posted
    they also werent too accurate when they had mayweather cintron (check now,......theres a question mark next to floyds name)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito record reads like a list of who cares or who cares anymore of fighters. How can he ask for a fight against Mayweather when he hasn't fought any elite fighters of today? Instead of crying over Mayweather why doesn't he fight any legitimate top 10 competition in the division?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Swice
    Margarito record reads like a list of who cares or who cares anymore of fighters. How can he ask for a fight against Mayweather when he hasn't fought any elite fighters of today? Instead of crying over Mayweather why doesn't he fight any legitimate top 10 competition in the division?

cc for speaking the truth...

but wait, margarito did fight the legendary daniel santos (ive heard hes the next coming of jcc )

Thread Information