Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Barrera and Morales are afraid of Pacquiao

Morales and Barrera are already both afraid of Manny. Morales' claim that he was not hurt by Pacquiao in their last fight is a sign that he is psychologically boosting himself after he was 'destroyed' both physically and mentally (including his pride) by Pacquiao. Morales should do what Barrera is doing. To keep silent and wait for the right moment. By right moment, I mean, if Pacquiao becomes disabled.....that is the right time for them to ask for a rematch. With Pacquiao now having a knockout power in both his left and right hand, Morales could as well look for another boxer to fight this coming October or retire from boxing. He might as well retire with his dignity still intact.

I admire Barrera for accepting the fact that he can't win over Pacquiao.
    supergenius bong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Barrera and Morales are afraid of Pacquiao

Disagree 100% they are warriors and they fought everybody,nether of them is afraid I just think that Pacman is better fighter now but not by much.I am fun of Pacman but respect courage from both Morales and MAB.Give respect and credit to both of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with the first post. Morales is still suffering the after-effects of the Pacquiao fight if he thinks he wasn't hurt. He shipped some heavy punishment. What a warrior he is/was, but he risks affecting his legacy if he carries on now he is patently past his best. In fact, not just his legacy, but his principle motor functions for the rest of his life.

I can still see Barrera troubling Pacman should they rematch. Barrera clearly wasn't himself during their first fight, and Pacman is hardly unbeatable. He's just a very exciting fighter who has been able to put some massive names on his CV when they were all clearly on the slide. Barrera in his prime would beat Pacman Hamed style.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Morales was afraid of Pac he wouldn't be fighting him again, Morales beat Pac before and I think he can do it again, he has to give up on trying to slug with Pac and should box clever

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dude,why would Erik be afraid of Pacquiao when he gave him such a hiding the first time around. He stopped Pac in his tracks with the pillows,had he had the 8oz gloves,he would have hurt him even more!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    Dude,why would Erik be afraid of Pacquiao when he gave him such a hiding the first time around. He stopped Pac in his tracks with the pillows,had he had the 8oz gloves,he would have hurt him even more!
    dude pac had a cut during the first fight and erik managed to win in a very close 115-113... how the hell can you say he toyed pac the whole fight?
    if pac had won another round the fight would be a draw...
    despite the cut...
    despite the problems outside the ring...
    all i can say is that was not pacs real punch the whole fight!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the_answer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    dude pac had a cut during the first fight and erik managed to win in a very close 115-113... how the hell can you say he toyed pac the whole fight?
    if pac had won another round the fight would be a draw...
    despite the cut...
    despite the problems outside the ring...
    all i can say is that was not pacs real punch the whole fight!!!
    I had it to EM by 3. He stopped Pac in his tracks on so many occasions I lost count,Pac's high output kept him in the fight. Erik boxed better than him,went to war with him and won,heck he even turned southpaw and beat on him. Cut or not EM beat him up,just as in the second fight,weight drained or not,Pacman beat him up.Simple really.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sillent killer
    Disagree 100% they are warriors and they fought everybody,nether of them is afraid I just think that Pacman is better fighter now but not by much.I am fun of Pacman but respect courage from both Morales and MAB.Give respect and credit to both of them.
    If Marco Antonio Barrera is a warrior why is he afraid of fighting again Pacquiao. He is trying to project that he is still the king in the featherweight division but is afraid of fighting the only boxer who can beat him in said division.

After the punishment he suffered from the hands of Pacquiao, Barrera had been very quite about it. He did not dare to challenge Pacquiao because he's afraid of being beaten again. I admire Morales for trying to fight again after the same punishment he suffered from Pacquiao. In my pound for pound list, Morales should be ahead of MAB.

Barrera is overrated as Hamed was overrated.
    supergenius bong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barrera is anything but overrated, he is a superb fighter, who has proven himself by fighting for 12+ years at the very top.

Pacquioa himself is a breath of fresh air in the sport, and lives up to all that is good about Filipino boxing and follows in along line of superb fighters in its rich history.

Sometimes to put over how good your fighter that you support is, it is a lot better to talk up the opposition he beat, rather than belittle them, with arguments that just do not make sense!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BK
    Barrera is anything but overrated, he is a superb fighter, who has proven himself by fighting for 12+ years at the very top.

Pacquioa himself is a breath of fresh air in the sport, and lives up to all that is good about Filipino boxing and follows in along line of superb fighters in its rich history.

Sometimes to put over how good your fighter that you support is, it is a lot better to talk up the opposition he beat, rather than belittle them, with arguments that just do not make sense!
    I couldn't agree more.

Hawkeye Guest

Are you kidding me..... Erik and Marco scared !

PLEASE !!

If you've paid attention to their careers for a second you'd know that's not their nature.

Not an excuse, but, it is unfortunate Manny has looked superior at times due to Erik and Marco being at the tail end of their careers..... it's boxing, it happens all the time, but to say their scared isn't accurate.

PS. : Erik Morales was able to beat a Pac-man at the tail end of his career.... think what he may have done to him in his prime !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way are Erik Morales & Marco Antonio Barrera in anyway afraid of Manny Pac. These guys are both Mexican warriors that would rather die in the ring than be exposed has a coward and they aren't avoiding anyone. Manny is a great fighter but he did fight them both at the end of their careers and after the wars Morales & MAB had they took alot of damage. Not to mention that currently MAB has his hands full with a young up and coming Rocky Juarez who is the real deal. I'm from Texas and have seen this kid come up. He has good people around him and the skills to back it up. If and that is a big if MAB wins against Rocky I wouldn't be surprised if he takes on Manny in a rematch. I'm sure Golden Boy Promotions will see all the $$$ and make it happen. When MAB fought Manny I was at attendance in San Antonio and it looked like MAB wasn't prepared for the speed, skills and power Manny possed. I just think he was looking past Manny and his head wasn't in the fight. Don't get me wrong Manny is great and deserved it all because he did dominate. I think a rematch if it does happen would be more competitive and a great fight. However, MAB must first beat Juarez because if he doesn't then this may end up has another trilogy in his resume. Overall to say both Morales & MAB are afraid is ludicrous. To even suggest they are overrated is insane. Both of them are shoe in Hall of Famers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morales and Barrera are never scared of pacquiao!! MAB and EM are the true warriors among the three, they are legends, they are " hall of famers " in the future. Cant you see if morales was afraid, he wouldnt have challenged pacquiao for a third fight. Barrera wants pacquiao some time next year, and i believe barrera can still beat pacquiao just like morales did in their 1st bout. Pacquiao earlier this week considered himself "best superfeatherweight in the world" ... well lets see about that ,this november morales will prove to everyone that he can beat pacquiao once and for all. I believe he will be in top condition of his life and will display more of his boxing skills. In the other hand if barrera beats juarez, im sure barrera will finally go after pacquiao next and revenge himslef from a terrible beating from their last fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

maybe the word afraid is an overstatement
    i think you should use the word FEAR
    thruth is they were brave warriors because they fought
    using their bare hands(dont take this literally
    and also the truth is only now they fear pac
    after both of their brutal losses
    anyone who gave you the worst beating in your life
    makes you fear it...
    fear is always a factor
    its fuckin normal

p.s.
    morales is afraid of fighters as big as him
    because he continues to fight at 130 yet he complains all the time
    about making the weight
    if he is brave enough he should fight on a division where in he is comfortable
    even if it means fighting harder hitters
    now thats courage

btw, pac came from 108 and is a natural 122...

barrera, uhhhm.... round 7, november 13, 2003, alamodome, san antonio, texas...
    he has a cut... he was floored twice... he wants to quit... but his corner says hes trailing
    in the scorecards... he was advised to box a few more rounds to atleast salvage a draw
    then the referee will stop the fight...
    what hapenned... torture, beating, humiliation......
    one of the greates upsets in boxing history

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

D I S A G R E E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AFRAID or FEAR... those words will never came up to the minds of a professional boxer....

LOSS is part of a boxing career and sometimes made them much stronger and more brave....

A rematch was possible becase they were not afraid to face again their opponent... in fact, Morales is on his best condition now and very anxious to beat Pacquiao on their third fight... while Barrera is now ready for a rematch against Pacquiao

Quote Originally Posted by the_answer
    p.s.
    morales is afraid of fighters as big as him
    because he continues to fight at 130 yet he complains all the time
    about making the weight
    if he is brave enough he should fight on a division where in he is comfortable
    even if it means fighting harder hitters
    now thats courage
    Boxers who are warriors like EM MAB, who boxed their whole life, dont fear other boxers their weight.. because thats their job to fight, to entertain people thats why they're in that ring... you win you loose..in morales situation he was doing fine at 130, thats why he was able to defeat pacquiao. Then he tried to move up to the 135 lightweight division but it did'nt work out quite as well. So morales decided to go back down to 130 now where he had difficulties in loosing weight. So he was'nt as well prepared as MP in their 2nd bout. Morales was in bad condition and obviously did lack of energy ,stamina ,speed that night. I do admit morales was beated up later rounds that night, but he'd still fight rather than just quit...cuz he's a warrior..this november 18 im telling you, once morales is in his top conditions , he could just beat pacquiao like in their 1st bout, because morales key of winning is conditioning..and hell be in that condition, for what he suffered last january. You said morales is afraid of fighting boxers hitting harder than him?? well thats pacquiao he hitts harder, faster ..but still morales challenged the guy who gave him the worst beating of his carrer. Now thats bravery.

Thread Information