Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The World's Strongest Man

Following on from The Punisher's thread..... who is the 'strongest man' ever - in the context of the competition

I say:

Mariusz Pudzianowski
    Magnus Ver Magnusson
    Jon Pall Sigmarsson
    Bill Kazmaier
    Geoff Capes

God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The World's Strongest Man

I love Pudzianowski but one thing I dont get is this.

I download every Worlds strongest man espisode going, to watch the qualifications for the final.

Why is Pudzianowski in every single heat? And he wins by a mile every time. He must have qualified for the current final about 6 consectuive times now

None of the lifters are in every single episode so why is he?

Also what happened to Manfred Hearbell or whatever he was called the guy with the biggest biceps in the world? He was fooking awesome!

ICB Guest

do you know its on tele next because i watched it while ago and havent seen it on advert or ect so do you know when its on again or have i missed it ??

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't seen any of this years event. Others I like are Sven Karlsson, Magnus Samulesson, uded to like Ab Wolders and OD Wilson

Quite a few have die haven't they

i.e JP Sigmarsson
    OD Wilson
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    I haven't seen any of this years event. Others I like are Sven Karlsson, Magnus Samulesson, uded to like Ab Wolders and OD Wilson

Quite a few have die haven't they

i.e JP Sigmarsson
    OD Wilson
    oh yea remember that magnus guy he used to dominate the event and i did see bit of strongest man like 2 weeks ago but it didnt say when it was on next or ect so im clueless to when its on mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think when i saw the 06 competition it was the first time it was aired on tv. I saw that pfister won the championship well over 3 months b4 that time. After they show it once it pops up here and there on espn and espn2.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I download it from the torrent sites. Its on all the time right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I always watch it although not a fanatic.

That Marius Pudjonovski (or however the fuck its spelt) will walk away with it once again. The guy is a freak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never used to watch strongman events but i was up at my friends house one time and he was flipping through the channels. It ends up on espn and i see mariusz in a variation of the atlas stones. He doesn't win but takes second in the event but is a runaway leader in the overall scoring. The finale was an 800 pound horse shoe thing they had to carry 15 meters or so then flip over a 700 pound finger (in retrospect, i'm not sure if it was 700 pounds because 700 pounds is a bit much for a finger) then pick up a 600 pound weight and carry it up 4 steps. He did the whole course in under 30 seconds if i remember correctly and finished the course by leapfrogging up the steps with the weight in well under 10 seconds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

can someone please explain to me why anyone needs to be that strong?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Incase their Trucks break down or they need to 'toss' the beer kegs

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash
    yea im in quite good shape myself i like keep myself in shape and dont mind bit of muscle but i think that big and strong is just too much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ahola

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash
    yea im in quite good shape myself i like keep myself in shape and dont mind bit of muscle but i think that big and strong is just too much
    Aww come guys I think the Worlds Strongest Man should be one of the most amazing accolades a human can achieve.

Being stronger than anyone else on the planet is surely one hell of an achievement, much better than most of these crappy Olympic sports imo,

It blows my mind that these guys don't get an Olympic event yet you can be a sporting hero for jumping into a sandpit or throwing a long stick

Being the strongest man in the world should be right up there with fastest man in the world, most intelligent man in the world, most succesful man in the world etc.

It represents one of the pinnacles of human achievement and so essentially is a mark of genuis if you get what I mean.

I personally love the Worlds strongest man event and feel that not only should they be in the Olympics but that they should be MAJOR sporting celebrities.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I personally know a worlds strongest man won itI think7 years agohes 42 and completely fucked, hes had some terrible injurys and hes one unhappy man, fucking drugs
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Thread Information