Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default **Manfredo Returns tonight!**

Big time boxing returns to the Northeast tonight when "The Pride of Providence," Peter Manfredo, Jr., faces tough guy Ted Muller in a 10 round feature event at the Twin River Event Center in Lincoln, Rhode Island. After both pugilists weighed in Thursday, Manfredo (26-4, 12 KOs) at 169.5 lbs, and Muller (19-10-2, 9 KOs) at 169, both spouted their final prefight comments at a press conference.

Manfredo, Jr stated "It's all good. I'm a throwback, old school fighter. I watched Ted and he brings it. I like that and that's why we picked him. I'm prepared. My father (trainer Peter, Sr.) has been torturing me. I'm going to be thinking of him when I punch you (Muller). Unfortunately, in my last fight I didn't get a chance to fight. Now I have to show that I belong at that level. First, I have to get past Ted. In England, nobody liked me, it was weird. I like being here with all those smiling faces."

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...kDkdMHzQf.html
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: **Manfredo Returns tonight!**

Quote Originally Posted by "PRIDE OF BOSTON"
    Big time boxing returns to the Northeast tonight when "The Pride of Providence," Peter Manfredo, Jr., faces tough guy Ted Muller in a 10 round feature event at the Twin River Event Center in Lincoln, Rhode Island. After both pugilists weighed in Thursday, Manfredo (26-4, 12 KOs) at 169.5 lbs, and Muller (19-10-2, 9 KOs) at 169, both spouted their final prefight comments at a press conference.

Manfredo, Jr stated "It's all good. I'm a throwback, old school fighter. I watched Ted and he brings it. I like that and that's why we picked him. I'm prepared. My father (trainer Peter, Sr.) has been torturing me. I'm going to be thinking of him when I punch you (Muller). Unfortunately, in my last fight I didn't get a chance to fight. Now I have to show that I belong at that level. First, I have to get past Ted. In England, nobody liked me, it was weird. I like being here with all those smiling faces."

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...kDkdMHzQf.html
    I would have loved to drive down, but I'm stuck working tonight. Should be an easy night for Petey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure will be... This guys a tough guy looking to spoil so I see a decent fight with peter winning on points
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I liked the way Peter handled the early stoppage farce...just imagine what Zab Judah would have done!! He probably would have punched the ref or start fighting with the other corner. He handled that situation with class. Too bad we didnt get to see if could hang with higher opposition....there was no way he was hurt or in trouble.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    I liked the way Peter handled the early stoppage farce...just imagine what Zab Judah would have done!! He probably would have punched the ref or start fighting with the other corner. He handled that situation with class. Too bad we didnt get to see if could hang with higher opposition....there was no way he was hurt or in trouble.
    Manfredo handled it well because he's used to being a loser. Zab went wild because at the time he actually expected to win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Manfredo handled it well because he's used to being a loser. Zab went wild because at the time he actually expected to win
    Keep um up, Baggins!
    Hidden Content

ICB Guest

Sure will be... This guys a tough guy looking to spoil so I see a decent fight with peter winning on points
    Manfredo is good guy but as top fighter he won't ever be at that level he will never win world title and i would be surprised if he got to top 5 rankings in all respect to your boy just don't think he has the tools to be top fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Manfredo is good guy but as top fighter he won't ever be at that level he will never win world title and i would be surprised if he got to top 5 rankings in all respect to your boy just don't think he has the tools to be top fighter.
    I can't say you're wrong
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

calzaghe showed the world how little power he truley has after watching peter lay on the ropes and take EVERYTHING with ease... however i give zaghe credit.. he can keep that pace up for 12 rds and if he did that night with manfredo it would have looked similar too the lacy fight. pete's too short to be fighting him.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

early stoppage or not - Manfredo was doing fuck all except hold his hands up in fron tof his face.

He had no ideas and was way way way out of his depth.

The End
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You forget he broke his hand...I think he got saved from shattering his glass hands. Peter could have ended Joe's career by just getting punched for 8 more rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hopefully he learns from that fight...he needs to quit "freezing" when those punches in bunches start coming at him...if he were to have throw 3 punches during that exchange the fight wouldn't have been stooped so soon....who knows what would have happened?
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Keep um up, Baggins!
    Only joking buddy I like Peter really I do. Did you sadclick me in secret though Pride?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manfredo, Jr stated "It's all good. I'm a throwback, old school fighter.
    He's a "throw back" fighter

He didnt look it against Calzaghe

I wonder who will get that joke

Just digging at him saying that no offense
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manfredo seems more motivated fighting this guy Mueller than fighting Calzaghe.

Thread Information