Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oscar De La Hoya behaved like a spolied brat last night, not Floyd

I was disgusted with De La Hoya's post fight comments. He basically belittled Floyd. He said "well I'm 34 and he's 30." Wow. Nobody really brought that up when you beat a past it Chavez and cracked out Pernell Whitaker. We gave you credit for those wins. Floyd fought in the gloves you wanted, in the ring you wanted, and in the weight you wanted, and didn't complain, and you couldn't give Floyd any credit? Floyd gave Oscar credit for fighting a great fight and making it rough at least. Oscar was crying about being the champion and Floyd not taking his title, but Floyd is P4P #1 and this fight was worth more than that title. Oscar is a little bitch and last night proved it for me. Deep down inside where it counts he's a little bitch. He came out thinking he was the bigger man and was gonna have a huge power advantage and he didn't. He thought he would have Floyd running all night and Floyd stood tall for the most part. He underestimated Floyd's chin and Floyd's desire to win. Floyd probably has more natural talent than anybody but the reason he's so good is because of his unbelievable work ethic and his intense desire to win.

BTW, ODLH fans, I could have sworn that I've heard Oscar say around a hundred times that he's prepared to throw 30 to 40 jabs a round. He didn't and when Larry asked him why he didn't throw, he said "It just wasn't the night of the jab." WHAT THE FUCK?!?! What's the difference between the fight he fought and the fight Diego Corrales fought against Floyd? Oscar worked harder than Diego while Floyd was on the ropes but that's basically it. He lost his focus, he followed Floyd around the ring not jabbing, and he fought when Floyd allowed him to fight. It's just sad that he couldn't be a man and give Floyd his credit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar De La Hoya behaved like a spolied brat last night, not Floyd

Oh shut up figth fans love de la hoya cos he has heart Mwyeather only has skills speed and mouth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by champtyson
    Oh shut up figth fans love de la hoya cos he has heart Mwyeather only has skills speed and mouth
    Hahaha, he didn't have the heart to throw 30-40 jabs a round like he promised, now did he? He only fought when Floyd was on the ropes, Floyd did all the work in the middle of the ring. Oscar gassed out again. Where's his desire to train harder than ever before?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Mayweather paying u to berage de la hoya, lol

Mayweathers own dad felt de la hoya was the aggressor, fighting only twice on three years i was afraid he may be dealt with like gatti but no mayweather never hurt him and he showed mayweather can be penetrated mayweather will need to sharpen up if he is to continue winning i know hatton and mosley would take lessons from that

we might even get a De La Hoya Mayweather second,

dont forget we all learnt Mayweather is one punch fighter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweathers own dad felt de la hoya was the aggressor, fighting only twice on three years i was afraid he may be dealt with like gatti but no mayweather never hurt him and he showed mayweather can be penetrated mayweather will need to sharpen up if he is to continue winning i know hatton and mosley would take lessons from that

De La Hoya was the aggressor but it wasn't really effective aggression. He didn't do enough in the middle of the ring. He said he would jab and he didn't. He lost his focus and that's his own fault. Wailing away on someone's arms and elbows doesn't count for shit. I agree with you though, Floyd's punches looked good but he didn't put enough of them together. Remember THIS IS MAYWEATHER FIRST TRIP TO 154!!! What he did against a future HOF is amazing. Please don't bring Hatton in to this, Floyd is much bigger than Hatton and Hatton couldn't take Floyd's body work for six rounds. Floyd would tee off on Hatton because Hatton couldn't knock Floyd out. BTW, don't put too much stock in what Floyd Sr said, he's trying to get back in with ODLH as trainer so he's kissing ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006

De La Hoya was the aggressor but it wasn't really effective aggression. He didn't do enough in the middle of the ring. He said he would jab and he didn't. He lost his focus and that's his own fault. Wailing away on someone's arms and elbows doesn't count for shit. I agree with you though, Floyd's punches looked good but he didn't put enough of them together. Remember THIS IS MAYWEATHER FIRST TRIP TO 154!!! What he did against a future HOF is amazing. Please don't bring Hatton in to this, Floyd is much bigger than Hatton and Hatton couldn't take Floyd's body work for six rounds. Floyd would tee off on Hatton because Hatton couldn't knock Floyd out. BTW, don't put too much stock in what Floyd Sr said, he's trying to get back in with ODLH as trainer so he's kissing ass.
    The way you say this is floyds first go at 154.. You sound like we oughtta give hima break from bieng perfect or totally dominant because of this...

I mean maybe we should..Its not like hes supposed to be regarded pound for pound best is it?

Exactly.. You cant give the man a break..He fought ok..Im not giving hima break from anything..
    He doesnt need one..He won the fight and it was close..

But there is no justified excuse that can possibly be made when you are p4p the best..
    It just doesnt work like that
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They're both overrated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Padilla
    They're both overrated.
    Just like ray robinson, Ray leonard, hearns hagler hopkins and the rest right?
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Emotions run high after a fight and Im sure Oscar truly believes he won. Dont put to much thought into what a boxer says right after fighting a 12 round Championship fight.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Mayweather Sr just wants his old job back with Oscar.
    2. PBF did hurt oscar alittle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After the fight PBF was a class act as always,cuz he always trash talks to try sell the fight(don't know why many ppl can't get this already),but then gives the other fighter credit where its due.Oscar on the other hand was bytching as always,and didn't gave credit where it was due.This was PBF's first fight at the weight he fought under DLH's stipulations and still pulled it off in classy fashion.Props to PBF.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At the end of the day I think what seperates Floyd from Oscar is that Floyd never quits, never fades, never comes unstuck.

Oscar, whilst not as big a quitter as Acelino Freitas just plain out fades in big fights. He's not prepared to push himself to the limits like Floyd is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it takes heart to constantly train hard and then get in the ring and back it up....the only heart de la hoya showed was the same a gatti...they both can follow floyd around and get hit....it takes heart to stay on top for years at a time..
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was disgusted with De La Hoya's post fight comments. He basically belittled Floyd. He said "well I'm 34 and he's 30." Wow. Nobody really brought that up when you beat a past it Chavez and cracked out Pernell Whitaker. We gave you credit for those wins. Floyd fought in the gloves you wanted, in the ring you wanted, and in the weight you wanted, and didn't complain, and you couldn't give Floyd any credit? Floyd gave Oscar credit for fighting a great fight and making it rough at least. Oscar was crying about being the champion and Floyd not taking his title, but Floyd is P4P #1 and this fight was worth more than that title. Oscar is a little bitch and last night proved it for me. Deep down inside where it counts he's a little bitch. He came out thinking he was the bigger man and was gonna have a huge power advantage and he didn't. He thought he would have Floyd running all night and Floyd stood tall for the most part. He underestimated Floyd's chin and Floyd's desire to win. Floyd probably has more natural talent than anybody but the reason he's so good is because of his unbelievable work ethic and his intense desire to win.

BTW, ODLH fans, I could have sworn that I've heard Oscar say around a hundred times that he's prepared to throw 30 to 40 jabs a round. He didn't and when Larry asked him why he didn't throw, he said "It just wasn't the night of the jab." WHAT THE F***?!?! What's the difference between the fight he fought and the fight Diego Corrales fought against Floyd? Oscar worked harder than Diego while Floyd was on the ropes but that's basically it. He lost his focus, he followed Floyd around the ring not jabbing, and he fought when Floyd allowed him to fight. It's just sad that he couldn't be a man and give Floyd his credit.
    CC ODH and his troupe of Soupies (Mosely, Hopkins, Mayweather Sr) can never admit that Floyd won.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BTW, ODLH fans, I could have sworn that I've heard Oscar say around a hundred times that he's prepared to throw 30 to 40 jabs a round. He didn't and when Larry asked him why he didn't throw, he said "It just wasn't the night of the jab." WHAT THE FUCK?!?! What's the difference between the fight he fought and the fight Diego Corrales fought against Floyd? Oscar worked harder than Diego while Floyd was on the ropes but that's basically it. He lost his focus, he followed Floyd around the ring not jabbing, and he fought when Floyd allowed him to fight. It's just sad that he couldn't be a man and give Floyd his credit.
    CC 148. ODLH putting on that fake-ass smile and saying "Yeah, I could tell I was really hurting him with the jab, I could see him bleeding in the nose just from the jab. But uh... I guess it just wasn't the night of the jab" made me want to vomit. What a schmuck.

Thread Information