Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: well weve had the haters for both fighters....time to vote whose the better boxer!?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cotto vs Mayweather who does everyone think is ACTUALLY better?!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Cotto vs Mayweather who does everyone think is ACTUALLY better?!

i dont necesarily mean who would win this fight becuase everyone knows in boxing one punch can win or lose a fight. I mean after all the hate for PBF i wonder if this means they actaully think Cotto is the better boxer. Im voting for PBF straight up becuase i feel he is more rounded defensively and more accurate. Thoughts??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto vs Mayweather who does everyone think is ACTUALLY better?!

There's not really any question is there? PBF is recognized by every major industry publication and website as the #1 P4P fighter in the world. Cotto isn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PBF is the better boxer.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh come on, this is silly. Of course PBF is better. The question is can Cotto beat him. It is not always the same.

P.S. We have yet to see the best of Cotto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ahh. I voted Cotto but interpreted the question wrong. Mayweather is much more skilled and the better boxer. That does not always translate to a win though.

My vote went to Cotto by accident, as I do think he can take Mayweather. More skilled fighters lose all the time, you only have to look back to Taylor/Pavlik to see that it can happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather without doubt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right now mayweather is clearly the best there is nothing can be said of what he does in the ring. None of these current opponets bring anything new or anything that poses a threat to floyd. The only thing that will beat floyd is time and age.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather and its not even close

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah i know it seems very obvious. But in the UK especially you hear soooo many people saying things like he doesnt fight he runs, etc etc. And there are some and ino its only a few Cotto fans who slate Mayweather for being overated! The question is aimed at those really, just checking boxing hasnt lost its mind more then anything!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MAYWEATHER ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont know why anybody would hate either boxer. Sure as a person Floyd comes across as a dick but both him and Cotto are very good boxers and are what this sport needs.

I love both guys. I think Mayweather is the better boxer but a Cotto fight would be no walk over whatsoever....thats what makes it so mouthwatering
    "Run along dear, man talk" James Bond, 007, Goldfinger(1964)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a very good topic.You do have to look at what Mayweather did to Judah than what Cotto did to Judah.It is clear enough that Cotto does have a great chance at beating Floyd.Better than Hatton did anyway.If Mayweather does do his thing and a take brief break and Cotto keeps fighting.Mayweather would be rusty enough for Cotto to beat him.So if I'm Floyd I have an easy tune-up for the build up of a huge fight with Cotto by next summer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is the better fighter but that doesnt mean Cotto could not beat him.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    yeah i know it seems very obvious. But in the UK especially you hear soooo many people saying things like he doesnt fight he runs, etc etc. And there are some and ino its only a few Cotto fans who slate Mayweather for being overated! The question is aimed at those really, just checking boxing hasnt lost its mind more then anything!
    A lot of people in the UK don't really know much about boxing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    But in the UK especially you hear soooo many people saying things like he doesnt fight he runs, etc etc.
    They're not still saying that over there now, are they?

Thread Information