Incline Press - 245x5, 245x5, 245x5, 245x5
    Power Cleans - CRUSHED BY 255
    Deadlift - 135x10, 225x10, 315x10, 315x5
    Wide Grip Pulldowns - 90x25, 90x25
    Overhead Tricept Extensions - 60x10, 70x10, 80x10, 80x10
    Tricept Pushdowns - 150x10, 150x10, 150x10, 150x10
    Barbbell Preacher Curls - 80x10, 80x8, 80x6, 80x5
    Standing barbell Curls - 50x10, 50x10, 50x10, 50x10

Terrible workout today.. didn't even feel like a freaking man in there. Couldn't stay focused. Couldn't concentrate. Absolute embarresment. I didnt get to lift Thursday because of work, so I basically took half my lifts from Thursday I was supposed to do, and took half away from my Friday lifts, and put them together. Hopefully works calms down and I can get my routine going again.
    a
    Most of you in here know Im training for a 400 pound bench, and how important it is to me. I put up 355 to break my record today.. even though I really felt like a bitch today in the gym. I struggled through my entire workout, and shouldn't have even tryed it, even though it is encouraging that even on the worst lifting day of the last 2 months, I still managed to break my record. 6 more weeks till I max out and try hopefully 370 (depending on when exacally my wife has our baby.. shes 38 weeks right now On a side note though, I just want to make sure all of you who are lifting weights are careful. Just about bought the farm today. I was doing power cleans and was trying to do 255. The first time I couldn't quite get it up to my shoudlers. I was pissed, so I got myself into a rage and tryed it again. This time as it went up, my knees gave out, and I fell onto my back with the bar on top of me. Luckily it hit my chest and rolled down twords my legs. If it had rolled down twords my neck.. I may not be here tying right now. I guess thats just part of it for me. You have to try big weights and be willing to take risks if you want to push your body to its absolute limits and see what it is capable of. After lifting I hit the heavy bag for 30 minutes and then did a 3.5 mile racksack march/run in formation with a 60 pound sand bag in it. Just another day on the road to 400...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The road to 400...

Congrats!

Good Luck man and be safe too especially if you dont have a spotter - I maxed out at 320 on the chest long time ago - as long as I could lift twice my weight I was cool with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL
    you should start your post with "DONT TRY THIS AT HOME!"

no pain no gain,
    i never even got the idea in my head to push that kind of weight.
    but what did your nuts say when 255pounds rolled over them
    lol

congrats on breaking your record man

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal SP Killa
    Congrats!

Good Luck man and be safe too especially if you dont have a spotter - I maxed out at 320 on the chest long time ago - as long as I could lift twice my weight I was cool with it.

You still on 320 my man?? Definately make your goal to get up to 350 by Christmas, I have faith in you!
    5 foot 4 inches and 154 lbs of PURE MAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i can dead life 160 YIHAAA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good luck on the road to 400

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Impressive.

Just curious, are you using any anebolics or creatine or protien? Don't take that statement the wrong way, just a question.

Whats your hight and weight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im 5'9, 202 as of this morning. I'm steriod free and always have been... though I admit that like most athletes of my calibar, its hard to stay clean when I know almost all those around me aren't, but its a felanouy if you use them in the military, and I am not about to risk that with a family. I take creatine and protein (nitrotech and celltech). Ive been hearing and reading a lot about NO2, and Im very seriously considering cycling it in a few months here when I can afford it. I also take hydroxycut and an amino acid pill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hold up isnt n02 the one that just keeps you pumped after a workout, and the loading phase takes like 4 weeks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It does that, but also does a lot more. Especially if you take creatine. Creatine volumizes cells by pulling water into the cells. NO2, by hemophiliation, fills up the spaces in the cells created by the creatine with blood. Which leads to the greater pumps that your talking about. And it's not like some idiot created this stuff. It's the same guy who created creatine, which is still for my money the greatest strength gaining supplement of all time ( I dont consider protien a supplement, but its just as important). I've read a lot about it the past few months, and talked to a lot of guys who try it, because I dont have the money to shell out for products that don't work. But this is the biggest craze on the market since creatine boomed. The main 4 things I here people talking about and read about are.. huge gains in lean mass, accelerates fast twitch muscles, perpetual pumps, and faster recovery and increased strength gains.

As a boxer, I especially love the fact that it may accelerate my fast twitch muscles. I know a couple D-1 football guys, 1 a running back, another a Defensive back, and they both said they're 40 times have increased since taking it (they are also on DECA and DBOL.. both riods, and illegal). But still, they preach by it. Actually, everyone who has taken it, preachs it. So what the hell... I thought I might as well give it a chance. If it works for everyone else, I might as well see what happens.

As far as loading btw.. its all bullshit. It's just a way to get you to spend more money. Anything extra in your system after the maxium amount your body can take, just gets pissed out of your system. You just waiste your creatine by doing that. LOADING IS A MYTH!! I try to tell everyone that. If you have the money, go ahead. If not.. dont load.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cool
    im a genious at supplements like you. thats what years of having a dad as a BBer will do to you

Thread Information