Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default ~ Scorecard for BCD vs. Glen ~

Alright people can talk all they want and say that they thought Glen won.
    Now heres their chance to step up and post their scorecards.

Here's my card. (It should be noted that this is my scorecard when I saw the fight live)

Glen - Rds= 3,4,5,11,10 = 113
    BCD - Rds= 1,2,6,7,8,9,12 = 115

It should be noted that round 4 and round 8 (I think were REALLY close for me and could have gone either way. Round 4 I gave it to Glen and round 8 I gave it to BCD.
    Last edited by CutMeMick; 04-13-2008 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ~ Scorecard for BCD vs. Glen ~

Was eating dinner at that time so didn't keep a strict tally but at the time I had it 1 round for Dawson but since I didn't take notes and once I looked back at the RBR thread, I seem to have possibly miscounted. Will know for sure upon rewatching but it was certainly a fight that could have gone either way imo.

On top of everything though, it was a great fight. Fight of the night.

XaduBoxer Guest

I picked Glen to win and I thought he won... But it's a close fight and no complain here about the decision... But surely Glen's performance was the best of the night...

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    I picked Glen to win and I thought he won... But it's a close fight and no complain here about the decision... But surely Glen's performance was the best of the night...
    Well, I think the Road Warrior rolled back the years a little, and showed BCD some of what he'll really need to be expecting now that he's a 'World' title holder, and there won't always be a home crowd there for him neither. I had it a draw and BCD hanging on to his strap, in what would probably have been a fair result.

Anyhow, hopefully this experience doesn't scare the bejeezus out of Dawson and send him back to fighting fringe contenders.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Well, I think the Road Warrior rolled back the years a little, and showed BCD some of what he'll really need to be expecting now that he's a 'World' title holder, and there won't always be a home crowd there for him neither. I had it a draw and BCD hanging on to his strap, in what would probably have been a fair result.

Anyhow, hopefully this experience doesn't scare the bejeezus out of Dawson and send him back to fighting fringe contenders.
    Well I can easily expect Dawson to not be scared of Tarver, as Glen Johnson looked a whole hell of a lot better then Tarver did and I think Dawson really believes he won the fight. So I could count on a Tarver matchup in front of both fighter's homecrowd and I think Dawson takes that.

Hopefully Glenn could get a rematch after.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post

Well I can easily expect Dawson to not be scared of Tarver, as Glen Johnson looked a whole hell of a lot better then Tarver did and I think Dawson really believes he won the fight. So I could count on a Tarver matchup in front of both fighter's homecrowd and I think Dawson takes that.

Hopefully Glenn could get a rematch after.
    No wonder Johnson gets the reputation he has, as he gives it 100% every time, and has been in some great fights. If he gets a rematch in every fight he's deserved one, the guy will be fighting till he's 110. But I'd watch him against Dawson again with no trouble.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly, it's why I watched that card over the other one, much more competitive matchups and a GREAT fight that was. Hopefully wasn't a sendoff for Johnson.

XaduBoxer Guest

The judges official scorecard.....

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Dawson winning by 2 rounds as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I scored it for Bad Chad by one round. Close fight though, and I would have been fine with a decision either way.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Figures...

All this talk about a robbery and Glen this and that but not one single post with a scorecard showing how Glen won.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do you know, after rewatching the fight for the first time and keeping score for the first time, I had Johnson winning. Here is my scorecard.

Dawson: 1,6,7,8,9 = 113
    Johnson: 2,3,4,5,10,11,12 = 115

The primary difference between my score card and the scorecard of others was that I gave Johnson more of those early rounds then most as I felt he was blocking most everything early and I thought that he stole a few of those rounds late. Rounds 2,4,6 were the closest rounds in my opinion. Also didn't find the 12th to be very close which a lot of others did, I watched it 3 times now and each time thought Johnson won convincingly, again he was blocking better in the late rounds and outworked Dawson because Dawson wasn't firing the jab much in that round even on the outside.

However, above all I think this was a great night of boxing one of my favorite fights of the year this one was. Loved it, very good action from two of the better and more likeable fighters in all of boxing. Hopefully we can see a rematch one day, Glen can be a factor for 5 more years. He looks better now then he has at any point in his career and that is amazing for a fighter with his style.

Dawson on the other hand has all the tools, really has improved into a great fighter, knew he would. He'll be champion for a long time to come imo, very good boxer, I think he rolls all over Tarver and no chance Hopkins or Calzaghe take their chances with him.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do you know, after rewatching the fight for the first time and keeping score for the first time, I had Johnson winning. Here is my scorecard.

The primary difference between my score card and the scorecard of others was that I gave Johnson more of those early rounds then most as I felt he was blocking most everything early and I thought that he stole a few of those rounds late. Rounds 2,4,6 were the closest rounds in my opinion. Also didn't find the 12th to be very close which a lot of others did, I watched it 3 times now and each time thought Johnson won convincingly, again he was blocking better in the late rounds and outworked Dawson because Dawson wasn't firing the jab much in that round even on the outside.

However, above all I think this was a great night of boxing one of my favorite fights of the year this one was. Loved it, very good action from two of the better and more likeable fighters in all of boxing. Hopefully we can see a rematch one day, Glen can be a factor for 5 more years. He looks better now then he has at any point in his career and that is amazing for a fighter with his style.

Dawson on the other hand has all the tools, really has improved into a great fighter, knew he would. He'll be champion for a long time to come imo, very good boxer, I think he rolls all over Tarver and no chance Hopkins or Calzaghe take their chances with him.
    Thanks amat,
    You know the score and I can respect your input.
    Good points all around.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it a draw
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I finally watched it...and I got to agree with you...scored it the same...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Thread Information