Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Getting back in shape?

Hello everyone, I am new here and have a question. I have not been able to work out for about three months now due to school and summer courses. I am wanting to get back at it now that classes are over. My club won't start again until mid September but I was wanting to get a head start. What would be a good workout regimine for someone who has taking some time off. On top of my clubs boxing program( which was a typical one Mon- Thurs), I would run a little short of three miles every other day and swim on the days I did not run. any advice is greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Getting back in shape?

I'm getting back after about a 6 week lay off which also included me being massively sick.

I have a fight september 11th... my basic plan is.

Run everyday
    Work on boxing/skipping/abs/pushups every other day. When not doing that, I am supersetting a full body workout at fast pace. Ie. 2 high rep sets, 30 second break.

I will do this for the month of July.

Then for most of August I will do the boxing regimen every other day still, and will now focus on 2 body parts each weight workout.

Near the end of August and the 11 days of september I will be doing nothing but boxing, abs, pushups, road work, skipping, sparring and working on skills.

Maybe you can get something out of that.

Thread Information