Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Boxing 1 MMA 0

Well with all this talk that boxing is dead, we have some ammo against that notion. Arlovski coming over to boxing is a good sign for boxing, Money is the #1 reason this is happening. MMA fighters get paid like crap so I could see more MMA fighters doing this. I cant see why a boxer would make the switch, it would be suicide.

FIGHTHYPE \\ CONTENT
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing 1 MMA 0

Even against Valuev Arlovski would be made to look foolish, he doesnt take a shot too well either.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpw5Bq...heslav-datsik/

He fights face first straight on and wild, ok if you have no gloves on but as soon as he has gloves on and fighting people that are used to punches coming their way he'll end up on his back again.

Its ok showing someone from that discipline how to box but they need too be doing it regularly, ie a a good few warm up matches first, throw him straight in with a decent boxer and he will get frustrated and revert to being a brawler who wont connect and get his head snapped back till he drops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing and MMA are completely different styles...You cant just jump from one to the other.....IMO Arlovski will get killed by Klitchsko or any top ten heavyweight......Arlovski was a pretty good striker but relied on his grappling to win a few fights when the other guy had better striking...

Good luck to him, I really liked Arlovski before he went on the losing streak in UFC....

Funny...to me this shows people have no confidence Arlovski will beat Fedor..so he has already lined up a new career.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Even against Valuev Arlovski would be made to look foolish, he doesnt take a shot too well either.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpw5Bq...heslav-datsik/He fights face first straight on and wild, ok if you have no gloves on but as soon as he has gloves on and fighting people that are used to punches coming their way he'll end up on his back again.

Its ok showing someone from that discipline how to box but they need too be doing it regularly, ie a a good few warm up matches first, throw him straight in with a decent boxer and he will get frustrated and revert to being a brawler who wont connect and get his head snapped back till he drops.
    You do realize that was his professional debut back in 1999?

Fight Finder - Andrei "Pitbull" Arlovski's Mixed Martial Arts Statistics

BTW Vitor Belfort tried to transition to Boxing and KO'D another fighter back in 06 making his debut as well.. No boxing matches from Belfort since
    Last edited by JT Rock; 01-02-2009 at 02:43 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andrei is a big, athletic, technically skilled fighter, but you don't jump into a world title fight in your debut, thats just not realistic.

A lot of MMA guys have crossed over to boxing and had success (Belfort, Nick Diaz, Ricco Rodriguez, ect) but their wins were over nobodies. The thought of a guy jumping over and fighting a world champ (even if it is Valuev) is laughable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Andrei is a big, athletic, technically skilled fighter, but you don't jump into a world title fight in your debut, thats just not realistic.

A lot of MMA guys have crossed over to boxing and had success (Belfort, Nick Diaz, Ricco Rodriguez, ect) but their wins were over nobodies. The thought of a guy jumping over and fighting a world champ (even if it is Valuev) is laughable.
    I agree, no one deserves to get handed a title shot, the only angle that they would be using here is that, Valuev is a sideshow and an undeserving piece of crap champ... so as far as a domestic showdown goes they might try to make it happen despite the calls of BS, throughout the boxing world
    Last edited by JT Rock; 01-02-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OnixAA View Post
    Well with all this talk that boxing is dead, we have some ammo against that notion. Arlovski coming over to boxing is a good sign for boxing, Money is the #1 reason this is happening. MMA fighters get paid like crap so I could see more MMA fighters doing this. I cant see why a boxer would make the switch, it would be suicide.

FIGHTHYPE \\ CONTENT
    Alot of Boxers jump to MMA,its called "Help! my boxing career is stalled"

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Alot of Boxers jump to MMA,its called "Help! my boxing career is stalled"

More like dead and buried, fighters like Botha, Butterbean, Phillips, Mercer and Morrison.

Before them you had Leon Spinks who would fight anyone and anything for any amount

They were all going nowhere in boxing so thought, "fuck it I need soe quick cash, ill join the circus"

If Arlovski gets ko'd by Fedor expect him to have trouble getting a boxing licence, no commision would want a brain damaged ex mma fighter holding their licence, let alone going straight in with such a massive world champion.

If someone like this is deadly serious about a boxing career, at least test the water by starting out as an amature, whithout any amature bouts they can start as a complete novice and have a few bouts that mean nothing, then if they feel they are cut out for it, build themselves up in the pro ranks.

Any mma fighter will struggle when put in with a mediocre boxer, as has happened to mighty mo, Belfort fought another ex mma fighter who was making his debut in his own boxing debut.

Arlovski needs to calm down and stop believing his own hype, if he doesnt he will get embarrassed much the same as old fat boxing hasbeens have jumping in to mma whithout success.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpw5Bq...heslav-datsik/

He fights face first straight on and wild, ok if you have no gloves on but as soon as he has gloves on and fighting people that are used to punches coming their way he'll end up on his back again.

The fights I've seen him in, he hasn't fought face first at all, he is a quick big guy, and his reminded me of Wladimir, but with less punches or technique, but he is probably a decent boxer.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw the Vitor fight (boxing debut) he was a bit wild and looked to rush into things. I thought we'd def. see more of him in the ring but like JT said nothing followed. I think the fight took place in his native Brazil also I think either Kelson Pinto or some other Brazilian known fighter was suppose to be on the card but pulled out later.

I've seen Arslovski training at the Wild Card Gym he's being trained by Freddie Roach and he can hold his own there. Guess we really wont know until he get's in there.
    Arslovski was to make his debut I think on the undercard of JMM-Pac II not sure why he didn't...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he should start where al lother boxers did and work his way up the food chain but beign in goldenboy promotion he probly is going to start fightin with the big boys.
    Lets all just hope he doesnt reflexively kick someone on the head.
    Lifes a wheel of fortune and its my turn to spin it. -Tupac Shakur

Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

This is the first and only time I will ever type this....

Valuev wins by KO

MMA fighters are MMA fighters either because they don't box or because MMA is easier than boxing to be good at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys are generalizing Andre with all the other MMA fighters.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He hasnt got the chin to play with boxings big boys, look at the straight right that lands on his jaw in the vid clip, hes out! and for a good while too!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He hasnt got the chin to play with boxings big boys, look at the straight right that lands on his jaw in the vid clip, hes out! and for a good while too!!
    Weird Our Heavyweight Champ has been Tko plenty, with a generously padded glove, and Andre was Ko'd with a 4oz'r.. I'd say Arlovski has the better chin

Thread Information