Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Do you think all boxers and trainers must go for Random blood drug test?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Do you think all boxers and trainer's must go for random blood drug test?

Share/Bookmark
    Intazzz Guest

Thumbs up Do you think all boxers and trainer's must go for random blood drug test?

This poll is in general. I mean ALL boxers, trainers, etc.

If Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. are subjected to do this kind of test. Then all must be subjected to this test. This includes:

All the boxers
    All the trainers
    All boxing event

etc...

My vote is YES! to make it fair for everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrjyJWjYFfM
    Last edited by Intazzz; 12-25-2009 at 01:41 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do you think all boxers and trainer's must go in Random blood drug test?

Quote Originally Posted by Intazzz View Post
    This poll is in general. I mean ALL boxers, trainers, etc.

If Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. are subjected to do this kind of test. Then all must be subjected to this test. This includes:

All the boxers
    All the trainers
    All boxing event

etc...

My vote is YES! to make it fair for everyone.
    No because boxing is about private contacts. I would like to see it become more common though
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do you think all boxers and trainer's must go for random blood drug test?

I should elaborate on my position here. I would like to see an international oversight group. ALL pro boxers would have to join this group and pay the fees to be considered a pro fighter. This organization would be simple in purpose to avoid cheating in boxing.

In return for the fees, this organization would perform random blood tests and urinalysis of fighters, and have a qualified representative to watch pre-fight preparations (e.g. hand-wraps, cutman tool kits, gloves etc.) I don't really think it matters if trainers, coaches, promoters etc. do drugs they are not the ones in the ring.

Furthermore, this organization could qualify and grade judges and referees. If a judge scores a fight in a ridiculously the wrong way they could be penalized by only being able to judge less important fights. Similarly if a ref shows bias towards a particular fighter over another or lets a fighter take unnecessary punishment (I understand this is a gray area) the could similarly receive penalties.

While I think it's a very good idea, it is unrealistic with all the hands in the boxing pie no way anything like this goes through.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do you think all boxers and trainer's must go for random blood drug test?

Why would the trainers need to take tests? Are they going to be fighting for their boxers now too?

The boxers should have to do the highest and most fail-proof tests available. In this sport any type of cheating could result in serious injury or even death.

So yes, every single boxer should be forced to take the BEST test out there and must pass before they should be allowed to fight.

Don't be ridiculous about the trainer thing though. I know what you're trying to imply, but you're just being foolish.

Intazzz Guest

Mayweather Sr. or Roger Mayweather. ? Positive? They are part of the Mayweather Team and part of the sports. If your part of the boxing event you must comply to this test. No exception. It fact Mayweather's already start this mess.

A simple MEGA Fight turn to jeopardy because of Mayweather Sr. accusation.

Mayweather Sr. must be the NEW commissioner of the sports.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather Sr. or Roger Mayweather. ? Positive? They are part of the Mayweather Team and part of the sports. If your part of the boxing event you must comply to this test. No exception. It fact Mayweather's already start this mess.

That's an interesting spin, but the following statement is still true:

"This fight is not happening because Pac is refusing a drug test"

I look forward to Pac complying with the Olympic style drug screen so he can get rid of the suspicion that now surrounds him.

It is now clear that your feelings have been hurt by the Mayweathers. I hope you can find some peace.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The boxers not the trainers. In fact I believe all sports such as the NFL, NBA, MLB should have random blood tests.

The whole sporting world needs cleaning up.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    The boxers not the trainers. In fact I believe all sports such as the NFL, NBA, MLB should have random blood tests.

The whole sporting world needs cleaning up.
    While I agree there should be random blood testing the player unions would surely strike in protest

Sydney, Australia. Originally from Canada.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, all high level fights. As a community, lets help make this dirty sport a little bit cleaner. Boxing will be damned if we don't.

This needs to start with the MW vs Pacquiao fight though. If Pac really has nothing to hide, then take the test, silence the critics, and lets see the biggest fight in history.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where is the "This Thread is Spam" option?

Intazzz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Where is the "This Thread is Spam" option?

lol SPAM what is you basis? This MOD is SHAME and LAME.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No. A mega fight is in jeopardy because the top p4p fighter in the world doesn't want to adhere to the most accurate testing available. No athlete in the world would allow that to stop them from competing. Asafa Powell had issues with it during the olympics but he didn't let it stop him. You work hard your whole career to put yourself in a position to cement your legacy and instead you tarnish it over a teaspoon of blood?

The NSAC has proven that their testing, while good for the most part, is riddled with loopholes. Mosley and Vargas proved this.

For the record, i don't believe Pacquiao knowingly did any banned substances, and I feel that he would pass a test at any point. And yes, he should be insulted this is being brought up (if he knows for a fact he's never taken anything banned). But the reality stands as this:

Mayweather agreed to 10 million per pound penalty = Fight moves forward

Pacquiao refuses the best blood test around amidst rumors of peds = Fight is off.

Spin it as you want but Pacquiao just needs to give a teaspoon of blood and we'd have no problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

YES.

but why only now? why target pacquiao? its discrimination!!!

pacquiao NEVER failed a test.

mayweather dont wanna face pacman and still put the blame on manny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

YES. Once they started this kind of drug test, the committee should make it mandatory for ANY future boxing event. I think that's fair.

Intazzz Guest

@CFH. Let me tell you something. What is your job in this Forum? Your Moderator right? Again what is your basis putting this thread to spam? You did not even explain to me or not even notify me about your decision. Shame on you.

I have a VALID point in the topic that ALL boxers must take the test.

Thread Information