Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather...

What do you guys think PBF's toughest fight was and his best performance?

Toughest Fight- Judah/De La Hoya
    Best Performance- Corrales

Been watchin mayweather fights all day and im curious to see your opinions.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather...

The Corrales fight was definately his best performance IMO. He was the underdog and was facing an undefeated soon to be legend in his prime.

What was it 5 knockdowns?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yep..3 in one round. Chico definately have one of the biggest hearts i've ever seen. He never quits.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Judah and ODLH could have been his thoughest, can't forget the first Castillo fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Judah put him on his ass for the first time even though it wasnt called......I think ODLH was toughest though.
    PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
    The only Acceptable Gun Control Law: Always use two hands when firing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Judah put him on his ass for the first time even though it wasnt called......I think ODLH was toughest though.
    He never went on his butt. Mayweather's glove touched the canvas. But this was still not Mayweather's first knockdown. Unofficial or official. He took one because he hurt his hand after landing a punch. Anyway, I think Castillo was his hardest fight. And Corrales was definitely his best performance. He was hitting on all cyclinders. This was the best boxing performance I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The first Castillo fight for sure....He really had a close one there and he gave it his all.......

Though when asking Floyd himself still to this day he say's his fight with Augustus was his hardest fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    The Corrales fight was definately his best performance IMO. He was the underdog and was facing an undefeated soon to be legend in his prime.

Sorry Greg have to correct you there my friend, Mayweather was a 1/4 favourite in that fight he was no underdog.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castillo 1 has to be his hardest fight considering he LOST it.

His most impressive performance has been most of them
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

Sorry Greg have to correct you there my friend, Mayweather was a 1/4 favourite in that fight he was no underdog.
    Are you for real? Don't get old man, the mind does some funky shite.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castillo 1 was his toughest, I felt he just edged it, but he really had to dig deep. An honourable mention should go to the Carlos Hernandez fight. He showed real heart in that one, dominating a fight that he spent most of fighting with just one hand.

As amazing as the Corrales performance was (& Skel are you sure, on the Showtime broadcast they mention Corrales is the favourite), I'm gonna go with his first Championship win against Genaro Hernandez. Genaro is arguably the most underrated fighter of the past 20 years imo, he's one of the 5 best 130lbers of all time & had The Ring not been defunct, he almost certainly would have been lineal champ after beating Azumah Nelson. Mayweather was definitely a massive underdog in that one, Genaro had only lost to an Oscar who massively outweighed him at 135, yet Mayweather dominated him from start to finish to stop him on his stool at the end of eight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Castillo 1 was his toughest, I felt he just edged it, but he really had to dig deep. An honourable mention should go to the Carlos Hernandez fight. He showed real heart in that one, dominating a fight that he spent most of fighting with just one hand.

As amazing as the Corrales performance was (& Skel are you sure, on the Showtime broadcast they mention Corrales is the favourite), I'm gonna go with his first Championship win against Genaro Hernandez. Genaro is arguably the most underrated fighter of the past 20 years imo, he's one of the 5 best 130lbers of all time & had The Ring not been defunct, he almost certainly would have been lineal champ after beating Azumah Nelson. Mayweather was definitely a massive underdog in that one, Genaro had only lost to an Oscar who massively outweighed him at 135, yet Mayweather dominated him from start to finish to stop him on his stool at the end of eight.

Mayweather was the favourite but not as short as 1/4 just checked that, so Greg apologies he wasn't a 1/4 shot but he was the slight favourite in the fight, here is an article about the fight and the odds.

BOXING MONTHLY - Article Two - March 2001

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather was the favourite but not as short as 1/4 just checked that, so Greg apologies he wasn't a 1/4 shot but he was the slight favourite in the fight, here is an article about the fight and the odds.

Oh so you just made that up to argue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh so you just made that up to argue.
    Haha funny enough, am sure if someone digs it up I had the same argument with Ice a few years ago, I was you in the argument and Ice was me, so my I blame Ice for the " 1/4 " quote.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah ok, maybe it was a situation where Mayweather was the narrow betting favourite and Corrales was the favourite with the 'pundits', hence Showtime's misleading statement.

Thread Information