User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Machida...let's not go overboard

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Machida...let's not go overboard

Lyoto got caught, dropped, and KO'd those are the facts...but let's not act like he was dominated from the first bell because that was not the case. He did well up until he got caught, and that doesn't mean Machida deserves much credit because he got beat fair and square, but Rua didn't "blue print" Machida.

I think a big deal gets made of this win because people thought Shogun got robbed in the first fight. My advice to you is GET OVER IT bad decisions happen all the time and that decision wasn't even all that horrible, it was a close fight.

Now that that's out of the way who should Lyoto come back against and when should he try for a rubber match and should he even do that?

I think the winner of Liddell-Franklin would be a good match for him to warm up on.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Machida...let's not go overboard

i like machida, but i feel like it was pretty close until he got knocked out, yeah machida got some take downs but rua got right back up, even if he didnt catch him, he looked sharper and more confident, rua woulda still prevailed, what i am curious to see is how machida comes back from this....most mma fighters dont recover well from a loss like that, perfect example is rashad after losing to machida, he seems to have a glass chin now

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu apprentice View Post
    Lyoto got caught, dropped, and KO'd those are the facts...but let's not act like he was dominated from the first bell because that was not the case. He did well up until he got caught, and that doesn't mean Machida deserves much credit because he got beat fair and square, but Rua didn't "blue print" Machida.

I think a big deal gets made of this win because people thought Shogun got robbed in the first fight. My advice to you is GET OVER IT bad decisions happen all the time and that decision wasn't even all that horrible, it was a close fight.

Now that that's out of the way who should Lyoto come back against and when should he try for a rubber match and should he even do that?

I think the winner of Liddell-Franklin would be a good match for him to warm up on.
    Lets not be a sore loser either Lyle.

Machida lost the first fight beyond a shadow of a doubt and justice was served this time around.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

Machida lost the first fight beyond a shadow of a doubt and justice was served this time around.
    #1 I'm not a sore loser, I take nothing away from Shogun he's obviously a great fighter and no matter if Evans or Rampage wins their match Shogun will demolish either one.

#2 Machida did not lose the first fight and this rematch was not some kind of karmic justice as you would like to believe.

#3 I'm just trying to make sure people aren't thinking "Lyoto is done"

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I definitely don't think Lyoto is done, a k.o happens in the HW very easily. However, I think he really and clearly lost the first bout (though I was rooting for him) and that Shogun landed the better shots and had the overhand in the exchanges.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyoto Machida should face someone from the light-heavyweight division who is ALSO or WAS coming off a loss.

-Brandon Vera
    -Forrest Griffin [beat Ortiz but lost to Silva before, Machida vs Griffin would be interesting though]
    -(loser of Rashad vs Rampage)
    -(loser of Liddell vs Franklin)

IN THE FUTURE - Antonio Rogerio Nogueria

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu apprentice View Post

#1 I'm not a sore loser, I take nothing away from Shogun he's obviously a great fighter and no matter if Evans or Rampage wins their match Shogun will demolish either one.

#2 Machida did not lose the first fight and this rematch was not some kind of karmic justice as you would like to believe.

#3 I'm just trying to make sure people aren't thinking "Lyoto is done"
    #1 Perhaps, but I think Rampage or Evans are capable of beating Shogun even tho Shogun once destroyed Rampage. So did Wanderlei twice, and Rampage came back to KO him recently.

#2 Machida only won ONE round in the first fight ! Dana White even said Shogun won the fight hands down ! And I do not care for White too much.

#3 Only an idiot would think that an undefeated MMA fighter is now "done" after one KO loss. In MMA they lose a lot more often than in Boxing cus there are so many more ways to lose.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

El Kabong Guest

#1 Perhaps, but I think Rampage or Evans are capable of beating Shogun even tho Shogun once destroyed Rampage. So did Wanderlei twice, and Rampage came back to KO him recently.

#2 Machida only won ONE round in the first fight ! Dana White even said Shogun won the fight hands down ! And I do not care for White too much.

#3 Only an idiot would think that an undefeated MMA fighter is now "done" after one KO loss. In MMA they lose a lot more often than in Boxing cus there are so many more ways to lose.
    #1 Capable but unlikely

#2 So you and Dana White say...the FACT is it was a close fight and the judges scored the way they did and Lyoto won the first fight that is the FACT of the situation.

#3 Very true but it seemed as if people read a bit more into this fight than they would if it was anyone else that lost saying stuff like "There will be no rubbermatch" and I highly doubt that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Machida isn't done he lost everyone does it happens we just need to see him back in the cage to judge how he has dealt with it, if he comes back looking like his old self the great but he could comeback and look terrible! Its all about the fighter and how they deal with defeat some fighters become better through it so don't. I'd pick Rampage over Shogun this time around rampage is a different fighter in the ufc more better adapted rather than other pride fighters. Machida should fight Griffin or Thiago Silva.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Thread Information