Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nobody believed me when i said PAC vs. Mayweather will not happen in 2010...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Nobody believed me when i said PAC vs. Mayweather will not happen in 2010...

Yes , i posted here 6 or 7 months ago that PAC VS. PBF wont happen in 2010. I was ridiculed and cursed cos i couldnt provide any link that Arum himself was apprehensive about the fight happenin this year.One member here even cursed me so bad that i decided to refrain from posting in this forum.

Now the fight is dead at least for this year.IMO ;PBF is simply too demanding and may i say PBF also thinks PACQUIAO has a chance of winning against him.At this time PBF is simply conscious of his unblemished fight record.On the other hand ;pacquiao though always ready for PBF is also busy with his political career in the Philippines.btw he is now CONGRESSMAN MANNY PACQUIAO.

In that heated discussion 7 months ago;it was not even a thread...i was so embarrassed cos the link i was supposed to post was nowhere to be found that time..But i was sure i came across it and only retorted back to my critics "that time will prove my claim right...now the fight will not happen this year.

OFF TOPIC:I decided not to post here anymore cos of the above subject,and another reason is the under the belt bashing of one member here from PUERTO RICO.But lately this forum site admin sent me 2 email messages to come back and post here.Specifically the email says they wanted my inputs. For this reason i decided to be here once again, with the hope that the PUERTO RICAN MEMBER would stop hating me.

btw my new avatar is Filipino upcoming boxer MICHAEL DOMINGO.
    Nonito Donaire will soon be a name to reckon with...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nobody believed me when i said PAC vs. Mayweather will not happen in 2010...

Quote Originally Posted by happytrip View Post
    Yes , i posted here 6 or 7 months ago that PAC VS. PBF wont happen in 2010. I was ridiculed and cursed cos i couldnt provide any link that Arum himself was apprehensive about the fight happenin this year.One member here even cursed me so bad that i decided to refrain from posting in this forum.

Now the fight is dead at least for this year.IMO ;PBF is simply too demanding and may i say PBF also thinks PACQUIAO has a chance of winning against him.At this time PBF is simply conscious of his unblemished fight record.On the other hand ;pacquiao though always ready for PBF is also busy with his political career in the Philippines.btw he is now CONGRESSMAN MANNY PACQUIAO.

In that heated discussion 7 months ago;it was not even a thread...i was so embarrassed cos the link i was supposed to post was nowhere to be found that time..But i was sure i came across it and only retorted back to my critics "that time will prove my claim right...now the fight will not happen this year.

OFF TOPIC:I decided not to post here anymore cos of the above subject,and another reason is the under the belt bashing of one member here from PUERTO RICO.But lately this forum site admin sent me 2 email messages to come back and post here.Specifically the email says they wanted my inputs. For this reason i decided to be here once again, with the hope that the PUERTO RICAN MEMBER would stop hating me.

yea like if any of the MOD's are gonna backflip out of their way to ask you to comeback lol and goddamn right it was me who put your ignorant ass in check lol you know shit about the sport and are nothing more than a Pacquiao fanboy, and i still stand by that claim, no hating just pointing out the facts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: Nobody believed me when i said PAC vs. Mayweather will not happen in 2010...

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post

yea like if any of the MOD's are gonna backflip out of their way to ask you to comeback lol and goddamn right it was me who put your ignorant ass in check lol you know shit about the sport and are nothing more than a Pacquiao fanboy, and i still stand by that claim, no hating just pointing out the facts
    You have all the right to think what you think about my knowledge of boxing;what is important is that i was invited back here.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nobody believed me when i said PAC vs. Mayweather will not happen in 2010...

Regarding the collapse of Pacquiao-Mayweather:

I am as disappointed as anyone that it is not going to happen, and I initially was inclined to blame Mayweather, but I don't really think we can blame any particular side for the collapse just yet. We have no idea what happened; in fact, the only thing that most people seem to be basing their anti-Mayweather opinions on are some vague comments from Arum. I read an interview with Jeff Mayweather the other day and he said that there weren't really any negotiations because the drug-testing issue could never get resolved, despite what Arum abstractly claims.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't imagine Saddo sending you two emails stating he wanted your inputs but suprising things happen every day I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

I am as disappointed as anyone that it is not going to happen, and I initially was inclined to blame Mayweather, but I don't really think we can blame any particular side for the collapse just yet. We have no idea what happened; in fact, the only thing that most people seem to be basing their anti-Mayweather opinions on are some vague comments from Arum. I read an interview with Jeff Mayweather the other day and he said that there weren't really any negotiations because the drug-testing issue could never get resolved, despite what Arum abstractly claims.
    Greetings MOD CFH...Iwant to believe the drug testing issue was resolved,that is why the fight contract was drafted and MANNY was the first one to affix his signature.Thereafter the contract was submitted to PBF camp for his corresponding approval....unfortunately PBF still refuses to affix his sig.That resulted in the fights cancellation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Red face Re: Nobody believed me when i said PAC vs. Mayweather will not happen in 2010...

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    I can't imagine Saddo sending you two emails stating he wanted your inputs but suprising things happen every day I guess.
    Am not saying im good.....maybe i just make discussions here livelier..

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Greetings MOD CFH...Iwant to believe the drug testing issue was resolved,that is why the fight contract was drafted and MANNY was the first one to affix his signature.Thereafter the contract was submitted to PBF camp for his corresponding approval....unfortunately PBF still refuses to affix his sig.That resulted in the fights cancellation.
    But there has been no evidence, other than some very vague words from Arum, that the testing was ever agreed upon. As we all know, without that there can be no fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If that is the case, then Team Mayweather should at least come out and tell the public what SPECIFICALLY is that issue that could not be resolved. I have read a lot of write-ups about Pacquiao agreeing to the drug test up until the fight.

"What Mayweather did not do is issue a formal statement, which seemingly would have ended all the fuss." ---- from The New York Times, July 26, 2010

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/27/sports/27boxing.html

If Manny came up with some bullshit excuses with regards to the first negotation, then Floyd has his own set of bullshit excuses in the second negotiation. There being 'no negotiation' is one of them.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post

If that is the case, then Team Mayweather should at least come out and tell the public what SPECIFICALLY is that issue that could not be resolved. I have read a lot of write-ups about Pacquiao agreeing to the drug test up until the fight.

"What Mayweather did not do is issue a formal statement, which seemingly would have ended all the fuss." ---- from The New York Times, July 26, 2010

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/27/sports/27boxing.html

If Manny came up with some bullshit excuses with regards to the first negotation, then Floyd has his own set of bullshit excuses in the second negotiation. There being 'no negotiation' is one of them.
    That article is as vague as all the other stuff which has been written about this non-fight.

"Arum declined to discuss specifics but said that this time Pacquiao made additional concessions, addressing each of Mayweather’s concerns. "

That means absolutely nothing. Completely vague and devoid of any real substance, AND it comes from Arum, a person known for his loose relationship with the truth and a completely biased party.

I don't know why Mayweather hasn't released a statement, with his ego he probably feels like he doesn't have to. If anything, this will only increase his villain status. I'm not saying he's clean in this, I think both parties are fucking absurd at this point, but placing all the blame on Mayweather with absolutely no concrete evidence to back it up is just silly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was disappointed with Manny in the first negotiation in that he did not call Floyd's bluff. He should have agreed to the demands and we would have known if Mayweather did want to fight.

I was hoping that this time around, Floyd would call Manny's bluff (if it indeed is a bluff) so that we'll know if Manny did agree to drug testing up until the fight. WHY WOULDN'T FLOYD?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But there has been no evidence, other than some very vague words from Arum, that the testing was ever agreed upon. As we all know, without that there can be no fight.
    Got your point there mod...really the fans are wondering what is happening.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I gotta come home to this .... now fix me a turkey pot pie

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nice to see the inactive member auto email sender i added to the forum in the summer holiday lull is working a treat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: Nobody believed me when i said PAC vs. Mayweather will not happen in 2010...

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I gotta come home to this .... now fix me a turkey pot pie
    What can i say?..........but i dont have turkeys in my yard.....can you settle instead for a delicious roasted PEKING DUCK?

Thread Information