Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Diet Plan

I was just wondering if anybody could help me out with a good diet plan I should follow with training? I have had a very lazy two years since I have started university at Leeds met, all I have done is party and not train and not pay much attention to have unfit I have been. After I have been really ill over the festive period and getting bored of hitting clubs every weekend I have decided to have a sober year in 2011 and get my passion back for boxing and go back the gym. I havent completely shut myself off from training and I have been doing little bits, and have done a bit of thai boxing as well in between all of this.

But now I am ready to really focus on hitting the road work again and start getting healthy and into shape again. I know how to train but I have forgotten what I should really be eating with training. I am going to be basing my training around my studying. I am doing sports business management at leeds met, so training will fall into line with my degree really well. I am just looking for some good tips on healthy eating again to refresh my mememory. I will be doing a lot of boxing again and hitting the gym with running. All in good routine though, I wont rush straight back into it. But I went to spend these next 4-5 months before summer getting into a good mental state of mind because I really need to pass the year to get into my third year which is where it really starts. If anybody could help me out it will be really helpful, thanks a lot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Diet Plan

Hello Tam,

Dependent on the training you are doing your fuel needs will alter.
    In order to shed weight and build muscle perhaps carbohydrates should be taken in the morning and peri-workout (before and after and to have protein based meals complimented with nutrient and vitamin rich foods.

Red meat has a tendency to stick in the gut, so reducing it to maybe 1-2 portions a week can be helpful. Fish is a very helthy alternative with wild salt water fish having benefits in terms of protein, oils and omega 3. (You want to kick the omega 3 intake way over the omega 6 which is becoming so huge in modern diet.)
    I don't like chicken, there is a lot of oestrogen added recently to fatten the animals up and this translates to our bodies, culling testosterone and making us cling to fat. Turkey is a pretty good alternative, but to me it tastes awful.
    Free range eggs are good. Don't eat just egg whites usually I have three whites to one yellow, just to keep the lecithin (i know i spelled that wrong!) just to aid digestion.

Rambled enough...if you need anything else let me know.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My training plan is going to consist of running in the mornings if i have the morning off from uni. i am going to spend a couple of the afternoons going to back to boxing gym and a couple in the gym when im not in the boxing gym. im aiming to get it so i will be training 5-6 days of the week. not straight away because i wont have the fitness but i gradually want to get to that stage again. im 20 years old so im at the age where i should be able to handle training a lot.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanks for posting to this i will defiantly be using your advice

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The very best of luck with it

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dieting and training, while often going hand in hand, are very different creatures.

A person can work out all they want, and yes will get fitter, but never any thinner unless they are experiences a caloric deficit. So it is important to get yourself educated on the calories you are putting into your daily diet, healthy, unhealthy, amount of etc...and have some understanding of that before you begin with. Then you can look at your workouts, and get a sense of how many you are burning. There are many workouts, many diets. But the first thing you really require is a working knowledge of the basics.

Here's some basic sense. Eat from the 4 food groups daily, in moderation. Don't eat processed food. That means anything take out, or comes wrapped and loaded with preservatives. Eat throughout the course of the day, again in moderation, 4-6 meals beginning with a good breakfast. It is your first bit of fuel for the engine otherwise known as your body. Send an empty car on the road, you're far more likely to run out of gas.

As for the training, well, are lots of ideas and plans. Donny makes good points about fueling your workouts properly that I totally agree with, before and after with carb loads, proteins to feign off catabolism as well etc. But remember, there is more to your day then just that.

So start simple. Get rid of bad eating habits (drinking habits incl) and start learning some good ones. Hit the 4 food groups, in moderation. Hit the gym.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Dieting and training, while often going hand in hand, are very different creatures.

A person can work out all they want, and yes will get fitter, but never any thinner unless they are experiences a caloric deficit. So it is important to get yourself educated on the calories you are putting into your daily diet, healthy, unhealthy, amount of etc...and have some understanding of that before you begin with. Then you can look at your workouts, and get a sense of how many you are burning. There are many workouts, many diets. But the first thing you really require is a working knowledge of the basics.

Here's some basic sense. Eat from the 4 food groups daily, in moderation. Don't eat processed food. That means anything take out, or comes wrapped and loaded with preservatives. Eat throughout the course of the day, again in moderation, 4-6 meals beginning with a good breakfast. It is your first bit of fuel for the engine otherwise known as your body. Send an empty car on the road, you're far more likely to run out of gas.

As for the training, well, are lots of ideas and plans. Donny makes good points about fueling your workouts properly that I totally agree with, before and after with carb loads, proteins to feign off catabolism as well etc. But remember, there is more to your day then just that.

So start simple. Get rid of bad eating habits (drinking habits incl) and start learning some good ones. Hit the 4 food groups, in moderation. Hit the gym.
    Thanks for the reply and I will definatly take everything you have said into consideration. I use to be an amatuer boxer when I was younger so I do know all the training methods, its just that it was a long time ago and it will be good to know if there is good fresh advice to help me with the training again. I know I will have the determination to stop drinking and the bad eating habits because I am sick of the way that I have been living. I am going to try and go the whole year without drinking because I did far too much in 2010. I am bored of the whole having to drink to be able to socalise in a university enviroment. I have my friends now and I know they are going to respect my decsion to avoding the drink and hitting the gym so this will be a good start for me when i go back. It will all just be on me, and I want this more than anything now so I am going to give up the bad habits for sure

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I was just wondering if anybody could help me out with a good diet plan I should follow with training? I have had a very lazy two years since I have started university at Leeds met, all I have done is party and not train and not pay much attention to have unfit I have been. After I have been really ill over the festive period and getting bored of hitting clubs every weekend I have decided to have a sober year in 2011 and get my passion back for boxing and go back the gym. I havent completely shut myself off from training and I have been doing little bits, and have done a bit of thai boxing as well in between all of this.

But now I am ready to really focus on hitting the road work again and start getting healthy and into shape again. I know how to train but I have forgotten what I should really be eating with training. I am going to be basing my training around my studying. I am doing sports business management at leeds met, so training will fall into line with my degree really well. I am just looking for some good tips on healthy eating again to refresh my mememory. I will be doing a lot of boxing again and hitting the gym with running. All in good routine though, I wont rush straight back into it. But I went to spend these next 4-5 months before summer getting into a good mental state of mind because I really need to pass the year to get into my third year which is where it really starts. If anybody could help me out it will be really helpful, thanks a lot.
    I hate doing diets it sucks!!!!!!

I don't box so when I say I train I just mean hit the gym to cut up for summer.

When I'm training I tend to eat porridge with a chopped up /crushed up banana and a couple of spoon full's of natural yoghurt to start the day (if I'm rushed I'll put 40grams of porridge oats into my shaker with my protein, mix with skimmed or 1% fat milk and eat the banana - pretty filling)

lunch mon - fri is pretty much always Tuna. I hate fish, it is f**king disgusting lol & tuna is about the only thing I can eat. Usually have it for lunch in work On a jacket with salad or with sandwiches with salad. Or a pasta salad (wholemeal pasta always with Tuna or a diced up chicken or Turkey breast) & an apple.

some times a nice stew for lunch (potatoes, carrots, onions, broccoli, cabbage and some chicken drum sticks (skinless) all in a preasure cooker)

That's pretty much it for me and carbs then

Post work out Tuna/chicken/turkey with veg, brown rice, um, only just started getting back to the gym since October and drawing a blank, need to find my diet plan :s

If you get hungry in the nights though snack on things like nuts or go ahead bars

protein shake before bed and then that's about it.

Guy's and gal's on this board are extremely more knowledgeable about this stuff than me so take their tips over mine. I have just picked stuff up overtime from people I know in sports or trainers.

Never shop or eat when your hungry though!! and If your like me and not a fan of greens such a broccoli etc try soaking them in thing's like olive oil and balsamic vinegar; It will make them a hell of a lot more enjoyable!

How amazing the diet is on it's own I couldn't say, I usually use HGH with it shorty after I get back into it so even though the results are amazing after a short time it's obviously a lot to do with the PED's

Thread Information