Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Riddick Bowe Highlight Vid

CC - great vid - Bowe v Lewis is probably the fight I am most disappoited that never happened. 50/50 fight imo
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Riddick Bowe was a lazy, lazy individual that wasted what Eddie Futch considered to be considerable talent. He had a handful of nights where he looked good but, especially after he won the title, he was awful. Had he and Lewis fought right around the time that Bowe won the title, he'd have beaten Lewis, who was still pretty green. The Bowe after that against the best version of Lewis, Lewis gets him early and easy. I saw once that, after the first Holyfield fight, Bowe was hit by over 60% of the punches thrown by his opponents.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bowe had great talent just a shit work ethic. A pity. But great vid nonetheless.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I read an interview with Futch in which he was very angry and frustrated. It was after Bowe had won the title and Futch thought that he was improving, making great progress and needed to stay in the gym and lock in the improvements he was making. Instead he took off for 7 or 8 months and came back to start training for the Ferguson fight at 300 pounds. Eddie was mad because Bowe had slid back in terms of his boxing skill during that time; Futch said he basically needed a remedial course but instead of concentrating on boxing training camp became a fat farm. Then he 'fought' four minutes against Ferguson and was off again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That guy Iceveins does some great tribute videos.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool vid. Bowe was a very talented fighter who didn't know how to run 'through' the finish line tape once he beat Holyfield. Still think Rock newman did him zero favors as well. Walking sideshow. He would have faced fellow top prospect Mercer if Ray had not phoned it in vs. Fergusson.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Genralbulldog, it's JFAT not J-Fat... wtf man, there's a HUGE difference!
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bowe had talent , but he had no chin and no commitment to training
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

El Kabong Guest

I consider Bowe to be one of the more overrated champions...He NEVER fought a power puncher, outside of Holyfield and Golota he really didn't test himself. Bowe hit the scene and vanished before he could ever take on: Lennox Lewis, Ray Mercer, Shannon Briggs, Mike Tyson, George Foreman, Michael Moorer, Donovan Ruddock, etc.

Bowe didn't waste his talent, he didn't have the longevity due to his routine between fights and his flaws as a boxer (ie he got hit too damn much)...but what I find most irksome about him is that he didn't really seek out anyone to test himself against Holyfield and Golota and that's it...maybe I remember him fighting Bert Cooper or Elijah Tillery but no true THREATS to him and it's not like the division didn't have guys for him to fight.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I consider Bowe to be one of the more overrated champions...He NEVER fought a power puncher, outside of Holyfield and Golota he really didn't test himself. Bowe hit the scene and vanished before he could ever take on: Lennox Lewis, Ray Mercer, Shannon Briggs, Mike Tyson, George Foreman, Michael Moorer, Donovan Ruddock, etc.

Bowe didn't waste his talent, he didn't have the longevity due to his routine between fights and his flaws as a boxer (ie he got hit too damn much)...but what I find most irksome about him is that he didn't really seek out anyone to test himself against Holyfield and Golota and that's it...maybe I remember him fighting Bert Cooper or Elijah Tillery but no true THREATS to him and it's not like the division didn't have guys for him to fight.
    His resume is still better than Wlad's. And at least the guy didn't get ko by journeyman and part time boxers.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    His resume is still better than Wlad's. And at least the guy didn't get ko by journeyman and part time boxers.
    ....this thread is about Riddick Bowe, I'll remind you to stay on topic and not try to goad me into some debate over who's record is better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From the view of a normal person Bowe has made alot of mistakes, but to be a great fighter one must not be a normal person! You can't expect to give a poore child alot of money and power and expecht that he will be happy at the end As stuped as it sounds with the power comes responsebilities! Thats the problem with all great fighters. They have at once alot of money and they don't know what to do! It's sad story to see a man so devoted to something , and what we are thinking, achieved everything ends up in the trash! But never the less the only man that can judge if someone has made something wrong is up there! Riddick was a fighter and as such he was really good!

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He had the tools and talent but not the dedication. His best performance was against Holyfield in the first fight but he did put a good run against 2nd rate undefeated fighters straight after his first defeat against Hide, Gonzales, Matthis etc,
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information