Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez III, who wins?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez III, who wins?

November 12th
    The 1st two fights were brawls between 2 equally matched warriors, the 3rd fight figures to be more of the same. However, Pacquiao figures to be bigger, stronger, and more talented then he was in the last fight between these two, in 2008.

I don't believe this one will go the distance, Pacquiao will give Marquez a brutal beat-down for 8 rounds and then stop him for the 1st time in his career, in one of the final rounds.

BTW, this will be for Pacquiao's WBO welterweight trinket, but fought at a Catchweight of 144 lbs.

Who ya kats got and why?
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 10-24-2011 at 03:08 PM.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez III, who wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    November 12th
    The 1st two fights were wars between 2 equally matched warriors, the 3rd fight figures to be more of the same. However, Pacquiao figures to be bigger, stronger, and more talented then he was in the last fight between these two, in 2008.

I don't believe this one will go the distance, Pacquiao will give Marquez a brutal beatdown for 8 rounds and then stop him for the 1st time in his career, in one of the final rounds.

BTW, this will be for Pacquiao's WBO welterweight trinket, but fought at a Catchweight of 144 lbs.

Who ya kats got and why?
    I think people are underestimating JMM somewhat, i agree Manny Pacquiao is the favourite. But JMM arguably beat Manny Pacquiao twice so i don't think it will be one sided, i still think JMM gives Manny Pacquiao stylistic problems.

But its the age and moving up in weight im worried about, i just hope my boy JMM gives a good account of himself which im sure he will. He's a warrior and doesn't duck anyone and IMO beat Manny Pacquiao twice.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    November 12th
    The 1st two fights were wars between 2 equally matched warriors, the 3rd fight figures to be more of the same. However, Pacquiao figures to be bigger, stronger, and more talented then he was in the last fight between these two, in 2008.

I don't believe this one will go the distance, Pacquiao will give Marquez a brutal beatdown for 8 rounds and then stop him for the 1st time in his career, in one of the final rounds.

Who ya kats got and why?
    I think people are underestimating JMM somewhat, i agree Manny Pacquiao is the favourite. But JMM arguably beat Manny Pacquiao twice so i don't think it will be one sided, i still think JMM gives Manny Pacquiao stylistic problems.

But its the age and moving up in weight im worried about, i just hope my boy JMM gives a good account of himself which im sure he will. He's a warrior and doesn't duck anyone and IMO beat Manny Pacquiao twice.
    Marquez is tough little SOB, there's no doubt about it, and he gave Manny fits in the first 2 fights. The thing is, Pacquiao has improved light-years since 2008, and JMM has not, i'm seeing a one-sided beatdown in this one and the ref or Marquez' corner stopping it somewhere after the 8th round.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny will flatten the piss drinking midget in 9.

ICB Guest

November 12th

Who ya kats got and why?

Marquez is tough little SOB, there's no doubt about it, and he gave Manny fits in the first 2 fights. The thing is, Pacquiao has improved light-years since 2008, and JMM has not, i'm seeing a one-sided beatdown in this one and the ref or Marquez' corner stopping it somewhere after the 8th round.
    Or is that he's been given opponents that make him look that way ? have you noticed all of Manny Pacquiao's opponents have all been come forward fighters ? that's not the style that trouble's Manny Pacquiao.

Guy's like Margarito, Hatton, are cannon fodder for Manny Pacquiao, i don't really think Manny Pacquiao has improved since he destroyed David Diaz at Lightweight.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

November 12th

Or is that he's been given opponents that make him look that way ? have you noticed all of Manny Pacquiao's opponents have all been come forward fighters ? that's not the style that trouble's Manny Pacquiao.

Guy's like Margarito, Hatton, are cannon fodder for Manny Pacquiao, i don't really think Manny Pacquiao has improved since he destroyed David Diaz at Lightweight.
    I've got to disagree with you there, Pacquiao has improved immensely since he started moving up in weight, especially his power and skill level.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 10-23-2011 at 06:34 PM.

ICB Guest

November 12th

I've got to disagree with you there, Pacquiao has improved immensely since he started moving up in weight, especially in his power and skill level.
    Has he though ? he knocked out Hatton i'll give you that, but Hatton had no defence and was being rocked by former Lightweight's like Lazcano. I just think Manny Pacquiao is so much faster than his opponents that he overwhelms them, i don't think his power is any real better than when he beat up David Diaz.

The style that trouble's Manny Pacquiao is a counter punching style, not someone who comes forward looking to exchange punches. Which is what all of Manny Pacquiao's opponents have been since JMM, i think its style issue here.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

November 12th

I've got to disagree with you there, Pacquiao has improved immensely since he started moving up in weight, especially in his power and skill level.
    Has he though ? he knocked out Hatton i'll give you that, but Hatton had no defence and was being rocked by former Lightweight's like Lazcano. I just think Manny Pacquiao is so much faster than his opponents that he overwhelms them, i don't think his power is any real better than when he beat up David Diaz.

The style that trouble's Manny Pacquiao is a counter punching style, not someone who comes forward looking to exchange punches. Which is what all of Manny Pacquiao's opponents have been since JMM, i think its style issue here.
    I'm not trying to argue, but you don't think blasting out Hatton, busting up Oscar, Cotto, and Margarito (all bigger men) showed an improvement in Pacquiao's power?

ICB Guest

November 12th

I'm not trying to argue, but you don't think blasting out Hatton, busting up Oscar, Cotto, and Margarito (all bigger men) showed an improvement in Pacquiao's power?
    I just think he was so much faster, i mean anyone would get busted up. Being hit over 300+ times and Margarito got hit i just checked 474 times. It's the speed difference not the power so much.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao by mid-round knockout in a surprisingly one-sided fight. Marquez is done.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

" pac improved light years since 08 " thats the silliest thing ive heard on awhile. No, he didnt improve that much. Hes pretty much the same guy. He only looks better now because hes fighting bigger guys who cant handle his speed.

And no, its not not going to be one sided.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

November 12th

Who ya kats got and why?

6 months sig bet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ICB,

If really think Pac didn't improve that much and JMM beat him twice, then you wouldn't a problem accepting a sig bet with me right?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    " pac improved light years since 08 " thats the silliest thing ive heard on awhile. No, he didnt improve that much. Hes pretty much the same guy. He only looks better now because hes fighting bigger guys who cant handle his speed.

And no, its not not going to be one sided.
    If you think that's silliest thing you've heard in a while, you must not read your own posts. You sound like a wannabe LA street thug, who likes to stir up shit on this forum, good luck with that shit homie.

It's not "silly" to believe that Pacquiao has improved immensely in all areas of his game the last 4 or 5 years or he wouldn't be handling these bigger pugs with ease that he does.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    ICB,

If really think Pac didn't improve that much and JMM beat him twice, then you wouldn't a problem accepting a sig bet with me right?

Im not saying JMM will win read my post, i just don't agree JMM gets a one sided beating. When in the past he's clearly given Manny Pacquiao hell twice, JMM is older now and is moving up in weight which is why Manny Pacquiao's team are taking the fight.

As for sig bets not interested im not even on here that often.

Thread Information