Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Green versus Kessler

Seems like there isn't much interest in this fight. It's at 175, which is a bit different for both guys. Both guys throw some pretty big punches. Should be at least action-packed, right?

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Green versus Kessler

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Seems like there isn't much interest in this fight. It's at 175, which is a bit different for both guys. Both guys throw some pretty big punches. Should be at least action-packed, right?
    Kessler I go for it should be a good fight, Green I feel will fold from Kessler's big right hand looking
    forward to this one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If green goes back to looking down at his feet every five seconds he'll win, if he doesn't he'll loose. I think the lack of interest is because green has already been beaten by a bunch of people and there's a bunch of people that kessler has no chance of beating. This still should be a good fight though.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im only playing devils advocate here but these are valid points. Kessler hasnt fought for nearly a year and had an absence of over a year before that! He will be rusty. I think Green maybe stronger and more resiliant than we expect him to be at this weight and he is a genuine puncher.

I think Kessler gets a good work out and doesnt look fantastic doing it.

If he does look good then fair play to him but Green has been active and isnt having to cut weight.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I'll admit to having had no idea this was happening Decent match up, but Kessler had better not have to many problems if he wants to be a player much longer. Green definitely has a punchers chance and it is possible that he'll be more dangerous at the weight. Really his best hope is that Kessler is rusty and comes out cold and stiff, it could be a good tear up for a few rounds if Green can get some big shots in. In truth this isn't a top tier fight anymore, I'd be surprised is Kessler looks good enough to have anyone touting his chances against the best light heavys. Where does the winner go here? I couldn't even see Kessler being strong enough to compete with say Tavoris Cloud. Dawson, Pascal, Campillo or of course Ward would spank him imo.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kess has been injury prone as hell over last few years but I'm still backing him in this. Kess two losses came to two elites, green's haven't, altho I have to admit kess hasn't looked sharp in a while his punches don't seem to have the same snap they once did....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weigh-in Video

Kessler 169.1 Green 171.7

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is on Box Nation snd will be a good fight. I will support Green.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

I want Kessler to rebound. He's been just as bad as Lacy was after the Calzaghe fight. Lacy-Kessler would have been good before the injuries and all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thought this fight was at 175?? Catchweight then. I know you cant go of single fights really, but, Greens performance against Glen Johnson was poor. Even to the extent that he didn't look to wanna be there. I think Kessler stops Green in the later rounds. maybe 7 - 9. Green can dig though, so if he comes in big and Kessler isn't prepared for it then who knows. Don't think I've ever even seen Kessler wobbled to be honest so Green will be lucky.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this will be a good fight, not to sure if I am going to be able to watch it. I think Kessler is too much for Green, Kessler needs a performance here. I would really love to see Froch fight Kessler again one day if he gets through Bute. Kessler is an exciting fighter and at 175 I think he brings a lot to the table.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I think this will be a good fight, not to sure if I am going to be able to watch it. I think Kessler is too much for Green, Kessler needs a performance here. I would really love to see Froch fight Kessler again one day if he gets through Bute. Kessler is an exciting fighter and at 175 I think he brings a lot to the table.
    On paper, Kessler has better wins than Green and has shared the ring with better opposition. Green has a puncher's chance. This is a big-time crossroads fight for both of them. A bad performance from either, and it'll be a tough climb back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I want Kessler to rebound. He's been just as bad as Lacy was after the Calzaghe fight. Lacy-Kessler would have been good before the injuries and all.
    as bad as Lacy? No way . He beat Froch , and looked great in his last fight

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    On paper, Kessler has better wins than Green and has shared the ring with better opposition. Green has a puncher's chance. This is a big-time crossroads fight for both of them. A bad performance from either, and it'll be a tough climb back.
    I just reckon hes a bit a better boxer, like the Froch fight he won the fight by boxing and I dont think Green is as good as Froch boxing or power wise. He will come for a fight but I think Kessler will stop him in the later rounds. Im looking forward to seeing Kessler at 175.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    as bad as Lacy? No way . He beat Froch , and looked great in his last fight
    what gest said

Thread Information