Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Froch needs to do to define his legacy...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What Froch needs to do to define his legacy...

Firstly I would like to say what a great knockout that was last weekend, it proved that Froch was overlooking Groves the first time around and when he took him seriously he got the job done in style. The knockout itself wasnt lucky at all, he knew exactly what he was going to do and he executed it perfectly. I was so made up with that.

The options that have been mentioned for Froch are Chavez Jnr, Degale or Kessler 3 from what I have read. To be honest with you I dont want to see any of those, but if I had to chose Id take Kessler 3. Chavez doesnt deserve a shot and Degale might be mandatory but I think he needs to fight somebody in the top 10 to actually prove himself. Kessler 3 would no doubt be a great fight so I would watch that again but I am more interested in other fights...

I wouldnt mind seeing Froch go and fight Bika next and get that WBC belt, with three major belts he will have more of a bargaining tool than Ward IMO. Froch-Bika would be a good fight but it would be winable for Froch and he can get that other belt. A three belt unification showdown is massive, regardless if Bika isnt the biggest draw around. He is more deserving of a shot vs Froch than Chavez Jnr is, even if Chavez is a bigger name...

If Froch can do that or even if he cant, the big rematch vs Ward needs to happen. These two are the proven biggest names in the weight class and Froch has improved a lot since the last time as clearly shown in his performances. It would be a very good fight and I would like to see it outside of Wards comfort zone.

If Froch could somehow win that, which I am not saying he would, it would be very close either way. Why shouldnt Froch move up to challenge B-hop or Stevenson or Kovalev? By the time this could happen, I expect the 175 weight class to be unified. Whoever out of those three has all of the belts vs Froch would be one of the biggest fights ever IMO.

There is no need for Froch to retire when he is still putting in performances like last weekend and if he wants to improve his legacy even further he should go down this route. Imagine if he won the belts at 175 as well?? His resume and achievements would surpass Calzaghe' even with two defeats.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What Froch needs to do to define his legacy...

Froch wont be going anywhere near Bika ever!

Bika has just beaten 3 undefeated young world rated fighters in the trot!

No names are fighting Bika any time soon. Kessler is going to wait for Froch. Froch is fighting Chavez then Kessler.

Froch will not fight Ward again either.

I think DeGale will end up having to fight Bika and Bika wins.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Froch wont be going anywhere near Bika ever!

Bika has just beaten 3 undefeated young world rated fighters in the trot!

No names are fighting Bika any time soon. Kessler is going to wait for Froch. Froch is fighting Chavez then Kessler.

Froch will not fight Ward again either.

I think DeGale will end up having to fight Bika and Bika wins.
    Yea but Sjekloca and Periban are shit and he only drew with Dirrell. Froch Bika would be a fun fight but beating him doesnt do much for his legacy and cant see him making much cash fighting him.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG wants Froch too apparently

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Froch wants to have a greater legacy than Joe then he needs to avenge his defeat Ward. I think Froch will not risk doing that whilst he is on a high and wants to cash out in 3/4 fights.

To have a good legacy other than Ward would be beat Junior, Kessler (rubber match), GGG and possible unification AA/Degale/Groves (you never know Groves may get back by then).

Froch could go up to light heavy and take on Hopkins/Pascal/Kovolev/Stevenson as a final fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If Froch wants to have a greater legacy than Joe then he needs to avenge his defeat Ward. I think Froch will not risk doing that whilst he is on a high and wants to cash out in 3/4 fights.

To have a good legacy other than Ward would be beat Junior, Kessler (rubber match), GGG and possible unification AA/Degale/Groves (you never know Groves may get back by then).

Froch could go up to light heavy and take on Hopkins/Pascal/Kovolev/Stevenson as a final fight.
    If he beats Ward he is out of the top draw.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To even have a chance of beating Ward he would have to fight him again. He wont.

He going to fight who he can beat. If he does fight Bika, big mistake. Bika would catch him with the over hand right and Carl would go because Bika can do that all night. Hes come the closest to having Ward in trouble.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    To even have a chance of beating Ward he would have to fight him again. He wont.

He going to fight who he can beat. If he does fight Bika, big mistake. Bika would catch him with the over hand right and Carl would go because Bika can do that all night. Hes come the closest to having Ward in trouble.
    I love Bika n he's always more than game, but it's hard for me to see him beating Ward or Froch.

I've been clamoring for a Bika vs. Chavez match n I feel he'd beat Chavez, but I'd be a lil fearful for him. That's nearly a 50-50 fight.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Firstly I would like to say what a great knockout that was last weekend, it proved that Froch was overlooking Groves the first time around and when he took him seriously he got the job done in style. The knockout itself wasnt lucky at all, he knew exactly what he was going to do and he executed it perfectly. I was so made up with that.

The options that have been mentioned for Froch are Chavez Jnr, Degale or Kessler 3 from what I have read. To be honest with you I dont want to see any of those, but if I had to chose Id take Kessler 3. Chavez doesnt deserve a shot and Degale might be mandatory but I think he needs to fight somebody in the top 10 to actually prove himself. Kessler 3 would no doubt be a great fight so I would watch that again but I am more interested in other fights...

I wouldnt mind seeing Froch go and fight Bika next and get that WBC belt, with three major belts he will have more of a bargaining tool than Ward IMO. Froch-Bika would be a good fight but it would be winable for Froch and he can get that other belt. A three belt unification showdown is massive, regardless if Bika isnt the biggest draw around. He is more deserving of a shot vs Froch than Chavez Jnr is, even if Chavez is a bigger name...

If Froch can do that or even if he cant, the big rematch vs Ward needs to happen. These two are the proven biggest names in the weight class and Froch has improved a lot since the last time as clearly shown in his performances. It would be a very good fight and I would like to see it outside of Wards comfort zone.

If Froch could somehow win that, which I am not saying he would, it would be very close either way. Why shouldnt Froch move up to challenge B-hop or Stevenson or Kovalev? By the time this could happen, I expect the 175 weight class to be unified. Whoever out of those three has all of the belts vs Froch would be one of the biggest fights ever IMO.

There is no need for Froch to retire when he is still putting in performances like last weekend and if he wants to improve his legacy even further he should go down this route. Imagine if he won the belts at 175 as well?? His resume and achievements would surpass Calzaghe' even with two defeats.
    Utter RUBBISH.... Froch should go with Chavez Jr., Ward and then DeGale if DeGale remains unbeaten and on his path.

Do not give Froch the soft path... he's much, much better than that.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he should go after Chavez and GGG and crown himself king of the all action Heroes.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The most important thing for him to do is to beat Ward, because then he can say he reached the top of his division (something that, for all his success and fan-fare, he's never been able to do).

That's the fight that makes sense. It's the big money fight for both guys and would mean so much for Froch's legacy if he could dethrone a legit p4p great fighter in Ward.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe dominated his division for a while, as did Hatton. It can be argued that Froch is fighting in a much stronger division now than both of those guys did, but the fact remains that he has never been the #1 guy at his weight, and I think that fact will hold him back when people evaluate his career in hindsight.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"The reason that Andre Ward is never chucked in the mix [for his next fight] is because the American TV broadcasters aren't really excited about him," Froch told Sky Sports News. "He's going through a big promotional dispute at the minute.
    "He's a very, very good fighter and he beat me fair and square, he outpointed me. But he's messy, he's up close, he's awkward. He really is a bit of a spoiler. He's not somebody I'd be excited about getting in the ring with.
    "Someone like Chavez Jr will come and fight, and give me the fight I want and what the crowd wants. The television broadcasters could get on board and it would be more lucrative."
    http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/stor ..

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well i guess it depends on where his legacy lies. if he could somehow have a for more solid wins including a win over ward, he will prove that he was a great fighter. i dont think this happens though. he wont fight bika. i think that bika would win that fight which is why froch wouldnt take it. same with ward. so his toughest fights at SMW i doubt he wins. and they are the fighters with the titles.

i see him fighting for money at this point over legacy. he will probably fight chavez to get one last big payday then fight kessler, then retire. he isnt getting anywhere near the guys at 175. he will be retired by the time he moves up there.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have never heard as much talk about a fighter's Legacy for a boxer who hasn't retired as I have about Froch. mainly because he keeps banging on about it! Let's remember that Legacy means "What he's left behind," and as he is still active , he hasn't left anything behind yet.
    Unless Froch Fights and Beats Ward , his "Legacy" isn't really going to change that much. for whatever reasons , that isn't going to happen.
    Therefore I believe his "Legacy" is that he is a teak tough fighter and a very good fighter , but not a particularly good boxer. When it comes to "rating" him, I believe he is a good champion without being great because he isn't and never will be (because he won't fight Ward to prove it) the best in the division. Also , as I've previously stated , he doesn't rank above Benn, Eubank, Calzaghe, but Probably does have to go above Collins and Herrol Graham because of his achievements and that's just the Brits . Having said that with everyone in their prime, the only one he would stand a chance of beating is Collins. Obviously Froch and Collins nut huggers won't agree with this , but frankly, I don't really care.

Thread Information