Thread: Barry McGuigan criticises 'appalling' Tyson Fury after online remarks

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Barry McGuigan criticises 'appalling' Tyson Fury after online remarks

Barry McGuigan has called Tyson Fury "appalling" and told him to "grow up" after receiving online abuse from Britain's world heavyweight champion.

Fury, 27, was filmed making homophobic, sexist and anti-Semitic comments in a video posted on YouTube last week.

He had labelled McGuigan a "traitor" on Twitter in response to criticism from the former featherweight champion.

"Tyson is appalling and comes out with some appalling stuff," McGuigan, now a promoter and commentator, said.

"He was unnecessarily abusive towards me and my past and he can't behave like that - grow up Tyson and catch a grip of yourself."

The WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight champion also voiced his views on bestiality and paedophilia during last week's 57-minute You Tube broadcast.

McGuigan had described Fury as "like a child [who] has no filter, no off button", in a column for the Daily Mirror.

Fury then labelled McGuigan "a traitor to your home country" in response on Twitter.

The Campaign Against Antisemitism (CAA) has called on Fury to be barred from boxing following his comments.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36297187

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Barry McGuigan criticises 'appalling' Tyson Fury after online remarks

Fury is HW Champion of the World NO roll model indeed but what do you expect, better maybe so,!!!!
    but you got what you got he is what he is,
    The older I go nothing seems to surprise me any more, what people say and do weather it be right or wrong Tyson has said some distasteful things some people maybe upset others not should he be banned
    from boxing do the BBBC take his licence, !! are we to PC today about the ranting of a idiot.?

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Barry McGuigan criticises 'appalling' Tyson Fury after online remarks

Fury should just stick to not talking, if he does then it should be about boxing.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Fury should just stick to not talking, if he does then it should be about boxing.
    Master you are spot on but Tyson being how he is can't help himself.!!
    Tyson love's to talk does he not ! as he is HW Champion he now has a platform, as the song goes ant no stopping me now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On twitter, Tyson states that he's received an offer he cant refuse.

I wonder........ another fight?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    On twitter, Tyson states that he's received an offer he cant refuse.

I wonder........ another fight?
    It's a sponsorship deal from Aldi.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think anybody should say anything ever and if the urge ever gets too strong they should write a letter to a suitable government department asking for permission. It is the only way to contain the virus of independent thought.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I don't think anybody should say anything ever and if the urge ever gets too strong they should write a letter to a suitable government department asking for permission. It is the only way to contain the virus of independent thought.
    Have to say you make a valuable point, long live free speech. But don't forget that this recording was done/organised by Peter Fury, so it wasn't exactly unguarded/unrehearsed/off the cuff. They obviously think it will sell tickets, which is their marketing problem, This is not the way to sell more tickets. I predict there will be a lot of empty seats if Vlad ever turns up in Manchester, not that I'll be PPVing to find out.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I agree. Fuck just opening your mouth and letting any ol' adjectives or adverbs just come out. What the hell. People need to be shamed. Speech needs to be criticized even BEFORE it comes out of people's mouths.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury: World heavyweight champion sorry for video comments

World heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has apologised for statements he made in a video posted online.

Fury, 27, was filmed making homophobic, sexist and anti-Semitic comments in a video posted online earlier this month.

The Briton also voiced his views on bestiality, paedophilia and women during the 57-minute clip on YouTube.

"I said some things which may have hurt some people - which as a Christian man is not something I would ever want to do," said Fury.

"I apologise to anyone who may have taken offence at any of my comments.

"Though it is not an excuse, sometimes the heightened media scrutiny has caused me to act out in public.

"I know more is expected of me as an ambassador of British boxing and I promise in future to hold myself up to the highest possible standard.

"Anyone who knows me personally knows that I am in no way a racist or bigot and I hope the public accept this apology."

In November, Fury caused an upset by outpointing 40-year-old Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko in Germany, with the rematch for his WBA and WBO heavyweight titles to take place at the Manchester Arena on 9 July.

His previous comments on homosexuality, paedophilia and women resulted in more than 100,000 people signing an online petition in an attempt to get him removed from the BBC's 2015 Sports Personality of the Year shortlist.

Fury remained on the list and apologised at the award ceremony in December.

Tyson Fury: World heavyweight champion sorry for video comments - BBC Sport

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

World heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has apologised for statements he made in a video posted online.

Fury, 27, was filmed making homophobic, sexist and anti-Semitic comments in a video posted online earlier this month.

The Briton also voiced his views on bestiality, paedophilia and women during the 57-minute clip on YouTube.

"I said some things which may have hurt some people - which as a Christian man is not something I would ever want to do," said Fury.

"Though it is not an excuse, sometimes the heightened media scrutiny has caused me to act out in public.

"I know more is expected of me as an ambassador of British boxing and I promise in future to hold myself up to the highest possible standard.

"Anyone who knows me personally knows that I am in no way a racist or bigot and I hope the public accept this apology."

In November, Fury caused an upset by outpointing 40-year-old Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko in Germany, with the rematch for his WBA and WBO heavyweight titles to take place at the Manchester Arena on 9 July.

His previous comments on homosexuality, paedophilia and women resulted in more than 100,000 people signing an online petition in an attempt to get him removed from the BBC's 2015 Sports Personality of the Year shortlist.

He can apologise all he wants, but the fact remains that is was a 'professionally' produced video, for about an hour, why do it? It was a wickedly crass attempt to sell tickets. Hope it backfires big time.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did he really have a change of heart
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post

He can apologise all he wants, but the fact remains that is was a 'professionally' produced video, for about an hour, why do it? It was a wickedly crass attempt to sell tickets. Hope it backfires big time.
    Not a very obvious seller though, is it? "This boxer said Jews run the world! I had no interest but I gotta see the fight now" says Old Joe Bloggs. Surely there are better ways to sell the fight.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think anyone can pretend it was an attempt to sell the fight, at least not as much as this silly apology is? Fact is he just likes to hear himself talk and has some backwards views. I agree that it shouldn't matter either way as this is boxing, but he should at least have the sense to keep certain things to himself as he knows it won't affect his earning potential in a positive way. Honestly, with how overweight he has been combined with some of the stuff he is saying, I wonder if he isn't serious about packing it in after this fight?

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anybody take him seriously ! come on now every few weeks he says something distasteful or controversial.
    He will be a good boy for a few weeks then it starts all over again,! to be honest it's entertainment remember Ali used to do it now Tyson is.
    He has people ranting and raving he is more than likely laughing,! I people will want to see him fight some hoping he gets his clock cleaned.

Thread Information