Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default In Defense For The Filipino

Happy New Year Saddoboxing members.

I do not want to make this very long so I will just enumerate a lot of the generalization and false belief that has been going around here for the Filipinos with regards to Manny.

1.) Manny is not treated as God Almighty here in the Philippines - HBO is responsible for this. They make their documentaries so dramatic in 24/7 that the western world is foolish enough to believe. Sells tickets though. Our own media do not worship pac, he has been critisize for gambling, womanizing and embracing politicians.

2.) Are the Filipinos casual boxing fans? Yes and No. Basketball is the most popular sport here in the Philippines as opposed to pool and boxing where Filipinos excel. But we do have an active boxing history straight from the 50's locally and internationally. But ask a young boy what sport he would like to play professionally, the answer 6/10 times will be basketball. Do we know boxing? Of course we do. Do we know basketball? We live it.

3.) Why are we so passionate about Manny? Because he brings joy every now and then to a 3rd world nation where very little positive things are happening. And because he is a Filipino, he is FAMILY. We are a nation filled with a sense of FAMILY and we protect our own maybe blindy sometimes but you have to agree, it's quite nice that a whole nation gets together to watch a boxing fight.

4.) Manny is regarded as a boxer not anything else.
    Politician- He lost the first time and will still lose this coming elections.
    Actor - Please? I have not seen any of his films, and they do flop.
    Singer - OMG.
    Humanitarian - Yes he does help, but he is also active in cockfighting which I totally hate.

5.) Our media on Manny - They are fair but cautious. One thing I can say about our media is that they are more concerned with the truth rather than hyping a fight.

6.) Do we believe Manny is on roids? Majority no. It is simply not an opiton here in the Philippines. It is not part of our culture, may it be on public gyms or pro athletes. No Filipino was ever tested for such (as far as I can recall). We may be tested positive for cocaine, shabu or marijuana but never Ped's.

7.) What do I think if Manny is proven a PED's user? I don't care, his accomplishments are not mine. But it sucks though, the boxing world was cheated.

8.) Who are present in Manny's victory parades in the Philippines - People who have nothing better to do and politicians that needs votes.

9.) Am I a Pac hater? NO, Absolutely not. I like the person in the ring. Outside of it, I could'nt care much less.

10.) I hate Violent Demise - he is a racist pig.

Now, for some of the Filipino nuthuggers of Pacquiao who still thinks I am posing as a Filipino. Eto and sa inyo, magpakatotoo kayo, nakakahiya ang ilan sa inyo na walang ginawa kundi pagtanggol si Manny. Alam natin na napaka babaw na rason na takot siya sa blood test. PRIDE lang ni Manny yan, masyado ng lumaki ulo. Kung pumayag siya di na sana magulo pa. Naiintindihan ko na dinidiscriminate tayo dito, dahil na rin sa iba sa atin yan. Masyadong "fanboy" at nakakainis. Kahit ako na pinoy naiinis na.

My new years day rant is over. Now I will go back to my party and drink my ass off.
    Last edited by titleist905t; 01-01-2010 at 04:39 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: In Defense For The Filipino

Quote Originally Posted by titleist905t View Post

I do not want to make this very long so I will just enumerate a lot of the generalization and false belief that has been going around here for the Filipinos with regards to Manny.

1.) Manny is not treated as God Almighty here in the Philippines - HBO is responsible for this. They make their documentaries so dramatic in 24/7 that the western world is foolish enough to believe. Sells tickets though. Our own media do not worship pac, he has been critisize for gambling, womanizing and embracing politicians.

2.) Are the Filipinos casual boxing fans? Yes and No. Basketball is the most popular sport here in the Philippines as opposed to pool and boxing where Filipinos excel. But we do have an active boxing history straight from the 50's locally and internationally. But ask a young boy what sport he would like to play professionally, the answer 6/10 times will be basketball. Do we know boxing? Of course we do. Do we know basketball? We live it.

3.) Why are we so passionate about Manny? Because he brings joy every now and then to a 3rd world nation where very little positive things are happening. And because he is a Filipino, he is FAMILY. We are a nation filled with a sense of FAMILY and we protect our own maybe blindy sometimes but you have to agree, it's quite nice that a whole nation gets together to watch a boxing fight.

Singer - OMG.
    Humanitarian - Yes he does help, but he is also active in cockfighting which I totally hate.

5.) Our media on Manny - They are fair but cautios. One thing I can say about our media is that they are more concerned with the truth rather than hyping a fight.

6.) I hate Violent Demise - he is a racist pig.
    Basketball players? You guys don't have the required height.

Concentrate more on boxing, you guys have a pretty good history with Flash Elorde, Ceferino Garcia, Pancho Villa, and now Manny Pac.

Violent Demise isn't racist. He's more than likely fed up with the idiot Pac fans whom most are Filipinos that talks trash, he's just trying to rile some people up.

BTW, being an humanitarian and engaging in cock fighting is no big deal. Hell boxing is human cockfighting. Most people don't have a problem with boxing or MMA.
    Last edited by generalbulldog; 01-01-2010 at 04:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post

Singer - OMG.

5.) Our media on Manny - They are fair but cautios. One thing I can say about our media is that they are more concerned with the truth rather than hyping a fight.

Concentrate more on boxing, you guys have a pretty good history with Flash Elorde, Ceferino Garcia, Pancho Villa, and now Manny Pac.

Violent Demise isn't racist. He's more than likely fed up with the idiot Pac fans whom most are Filipinos that talks trash, he's just trying to rile some people up.

BTW, being an humanitarian and engaging in cock fighting is no big deal. Hell boxing is human cockfighting. Most people don't have a problem with boxing or MMA.
    What do you care about what sport we like? We play agaisnt each other. What is the big deal about that? We have 7 foot centers as well. Not all Filipinos are short. We have a lot of American imports here in our local league and they do not dominate anymore, unlike in the 80's where they just kill their Filipino opponents. But, that's not the point of that section so let's leave it at that.

Boxers get in the ring on their own accord as well as MMA fighters. Cockfighting is cruel and inhumane, it's not like it was the chickens choice to travel to the arena and fight another chicken now does it? Again, not the point of that section so let's leave it at that.

P.S. Violent D is still a racist pig.
    Last edited by titleist905t; 01-01-2010 at 04:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Singer - OMG.

5.) Our media on Manny - They are fair but cautious. One thing I can say about our media is that they are more concerned with the truth rather than hyping a fight.

6.) Do we believe Manny is on roids? Majority no. It is simply not an opiton here in the Philippines. It is not part of our culture, may it be on public gyms or pro athletes. No Filipino was ever tested for such (as far as I can recall). We may be tested positive for cocaine, shabu or marijuana but never Ped's.

7.) What do I think if Manny is proven a PED's user? I don't care, his accomplishments are not mine. But it sucks though, the boxing world was cheated.

8.) Who are present in Manny's victory parades in the Philippines - People who have nothing better to do and politicians that needs votes.

9.) Am I a Pac hater? NO, Absolutely not. I like the person in the ring. Outside of it, I could'nt care much less.

Now, for some of the Filipino nuthuggers of Pacquiao who still thinks I am posing as a Filipino. Eto and sa inyo, magpakatotoo kayo, nakakahiya ang ilan sa inyo na walang ginawa kundi pagtanggol si Manny. Alam natin na napaka babaw na rason na takot siya sa blood test. PRIDE lang ni Manny yan, masyado ng lumaki ulo. Kung pumayag siya di na sana magulo pa. Naiintindihan ko na dinidiscriminate tayo dito, dahil na rin sa iba sa atin yan. Masyadong "fanboy" at nakakainis. Kahit ako na pinoy naiinis na.

My new years day rant is over. Now I will go back to my party and drink my ass off.
    Well said sir. You just made my day. I agree on all points and would hope that someday all filipinos, even the ones posting on youtube as I think they're the most rowdy and near sighted bunch, would try to be more open minded when it comes to Pac. I specially agree about points 4 and 7. Again, great post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to ad this. For what it's worth. I think miles and a few others who gave Manny a chance to prove himself and slowly respected him as a fighter are very classy. Kudos to you Miles. Now we will see if Manny continues to be a douche. I do not blame you and others as well, Manny brought this to himself.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Singer - OMG.

I agree with titleist, General...pretty ignorant to say "don't play basketball, you don't have the height"

Basketball is the 2nd most popular sport where I'm from too in Turkey..I don't think we're particularly a tall nation on average...same as the Greeks who also love basketball.

Titleist, VD ain't a racist, he's just winding you up with that shit lol - He backed me when an old poster told me to "fuck off back to your own country". He's kool, he jus don't want no1 to know it

Also, a teeny part of me understands sometimes where the filipino Pacfans are coming from...I used to HATE David Haye with a passion but since I found out how much he adores the country where my family are from, North Cyprus, and wears our colours on his trunks, I can't help but root for him and wish him well.

North Cyprus is a very misunderstood place and isn't even recognised as a place that exists in the world. Turkey is thought to have "invaded" it and turks are now "illegally" occupying the area...like they were never there in the first place...

Put it this way, if Turkey didn't "invade" - my mother, grandmother, grandfather and all of my uncles and aunts would have been killed before I was ever born. I despise the way the Cyprus problem is covered up..It was pretty much an intended holocaust.

Anyway, enough history lesson! Just a point about understanding why Filipino's get so defensive. Turks are exactly the same..very patriotic and proud of anything and everything they do well.

But at the same time, I can also have a laugh and be honest about the faults and personality traits of most of my culture.

Some can...some can't...either way, what can you do!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

awesome post titleist!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Singer - OMG.

What do you care about what sport we like? We play agaisnt each other. What is the big deal about that? We have 7 foot centers as well. Not all Filipinos are short. We have a lot of American imports here in our local league and they do not dominate anymore, unlike in the 80's where they just kill their Filipino opponents. But, that's not the point of that section so let's leave it at that.

Boxers get in the ring on their own accord as well as MMA fighters. Cockfighting is cruel and inhumane, it's not like it was the chickens choice to travel to the arena and fight another chicken now does it? Again, not the point of that section so let's leave it at that.

You guys can like any sport you like, I didn't say anything about not liking what you want.

BTW, Violent D again is not racist! He's just riling people up. The guy has a great sense of humor. He likes Hasegawa which many hardcore boxing fans like, who is you guess it Asian! He even praised the Filipino Marvin Sonsona somewhere here for winning a title at so young an age with only a handful of fights.

He just hates the Pactards who so happens to be mostly Filipinos. And those Pactards really get on people's nerves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys can like any sport you like, I didn't say anything about not liking what you want.

BTW, Violent D again is not racist! He's just riling people up. The guy has a great sense of humor. He likes Hasegawa which many hardcore boxing fans like, who is you guess it Asian! He even praised the Filipino Marvin Sonsona somewhere here for winning a title at so young an age with only a handful of fights.

He just hates the Pactards who so happens to be mostly Filipinos. And those Pactards really get on people's nerves.
    Ok, I get it. Violent D is an ass, but I respect him a little bit more.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to ad this. For what it's worth. I think miles and a few others who gave Manny a chance to prove himself and slowly respected him as a fighter are very classy. Kudos to you Miles. Now we will see if Manny continues to be a douche. I do not blame you and others as well, Manny brought this to himself.
    I was always wary of Manny because he kept fighting people I liked and to cap it all off would then go on to beat them or at the least get the result in his favour. So, I wasn't keen on Manny for a long while, though I did enjoy seeing him beat up DLH. After the Cotto fight, I just thought "to hell with it it. If you can't beat them, join them". I was on board for this fight and hoping we would see something spectacular, but unfortunately it all seems to be off over something that on the surface doesn't seem to be all that complicated an issue.

Pac has acted like a surly child who simply refuses to play ball. It doesn't seem to matter that he lets down all the fans and in the process is turning his nose up at a massive paycheck. It's a shame really and makes Manny look like a bit of a git.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I was always wary of Manny because he kept fighting people I liked and to cap it all off would then go on to beat them or at the least get the result in his favour. So, I wasn't keen on Manny for a long while, though I did enjoy seeing him beat up DLH. After the Cotto fight, I just thought "to hell with it it. If you can't beat them, join them". I was on board for this fight and hoping we would see something spectacular, but unfortunately it all seems to be off over something that on the surface doesn't seem to be all that complicated an issue.

Pac has acted like a surly child who simply refuses to play ball. It doesn't seem to matter that he lets down all the fans and in the process is turning his nose up at a massive paycheck. It's a shame really and makes Manny look like a bit of a git.

before hand, great post titleist. and for whoever said filipino doesnt have the height for basketball must have forget who spud webb and mugsy bogues was and how tall they were.

anyway.. miles i do agree that pac has acted like a child by refusing. i dont argue that. i know that his dignity was questioned there and you have to understand the filipino culture about dignity pride. and im not saying its right or wrong. but back home people could get killed because of accusations. its very caveman-like but when you try to question somebodys reputation it comes out as an insult esepcially if you dont have proof. i dont know but most filipinos who have lived in the philippines would back me up on this that even in commercial ads on tv you cannot use the name of the other brand. here in the states and maybe there in england comparisons on certain brands could be harsh. example is "dodge has better fuel consumption than honda and toyota". back home it will be like " toyota is a better car than brand X and brand Y"
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by josef4334 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

before hand, great post titleist. and for whoever said filipino doesnt have the height for basketball must have forget who spud webb and mugsy bogues was and how tall they were.

anyway.. miles i do agree that pac has acted like a child by refusing. i dont argue that. i know that his dignity was questioned there and you have to understand the filipino culture about dignity pride. and im not saying its right or wrong. but back home people could get killed because of accusations. its very caveman-like but when you try to question somebodys reputation it comes out as an insult esepcially if you dont have proof. i dont know but most filipinos who have lived in the philippines would back me up on this that even in commercial ads on tv you cannot use the name of the other brand. here in the states and maybe there in england comparisons on certain brands could be harsh. example is "dodge has better fuel consumption than honda and toyota". back home it will be like " toyota is a better car than brand X and brand Y"
    Thanks Josef. Yes, you cannot use the name of the competitors brand. Filipinos are very sensitive about those kind of things.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Singer - OMG.

well said bro. First, I totally agree with VD being a racist. well said.

i also agree with you not to defend Manny when he's proven using illegal drugs. If he's guilty, then I will be the first to condemn him here.

We don't need cheaters. I hated Gloria for cheating in the past election and I will truly hate Manny if he's out found out cheating.

I do believe that Manny's playing a little stupid there when he didn't immediately agree with the random testing.

Now that he has agreed to all kinds of test, I hope everything will be settled now so we can see this much anticipated fight.

I hope Gayweather will not make any more excuses.

Thread Information