Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anyone Try the P90X Exercises?

My buddy just gave me the DVDs to burn so I can give this a try. I have been wanting to try it I heard this Exercise Regine really works, but you have to follow it step by step you can't stray.

I think I'm going to start this the first Monday in June. I'm gonna try and track my progress. I had knee surgery about 2 months ago (had a torn meniscus) and really haven't been in the gym that much since. I really need to get my ass back in shape.

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone has tried this and what they thought of it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone Try the P90X Exercises?

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeb_21 View Post
    My buddy just gave me the DVDs to burn so I can give this a try. I have been wanting to try it I heard this Exercise Regine really works, but you have to follow it step by step you can't stray.

I think I'm going to start this the first Monday in June. I'm gonna try and track my progress. I had knee surgery about 2 months ago (had a torn meniscus) and really haven't been in the gym that much since. I really need to get my ass back in shape.

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone has tried this and what they thought of it?
    wade, search the ask the trainer section.. i forget the thread name but i posted in there on my progress i believe..

i'm in phase 3 right now, but i had a 2 week layoff because i injured my leg..

this program is great to just pop in and use an hour (or so) a day.. you just need free weights, pull up bar, and a bit of room for some of the exercises (plyometrics mainly)..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post

wade, search the ask the trainer section.. i forget the thread name but i posted in there on my progress i believe..

this program is great to just pop in and use an hour (or so) a day.. you just need free weights, pull up bar, and a bit of room for some of the exercises (plyometrics mainly)..

Sweet thanks man. I'll check that thread out. Were you making pretty good progress until you got injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post

Sweet thanks man. I'll check that thread out. Were you making pretty good progress until you got injured.
    Sorry, was busy at work when i posted earlier, i wanted to elaborate a bit..

Yes, i made TONS of progress.. I wasn't really out of shape or overweight at all, i just wanted to lose maybe 5 or so lbs and get real cut..

I made a lot of progress on how many pull ups, push ups i could do.. i was up to 15 give or take 1 or 2 each pull up exercise and i was banging out tons of pushups.. They key is you REALLY have to push yourself to your limits with these exercises because on some days there is barely any weight involved..

For the ab ripper, i really didn't follow it besides the oblique workouts.. I have my own ab routine that i do that i feel works REALLY well, so i did not want to stray from that and not use weights for my abs..

As far as cardio and what not goes, i never did the cardio DVD (i did the tradiational workout routine and it's not included for any workouts on that), so i can't speak on that.. but i would definitely suggest running/jogging/swimming/biking etc.. besides the workouts for cardio they give you..

technically plyometrics and kenpo are the big cardio workouts for the traditional plan.. this wasn't enough for me, so i would run on the side..

for phase 1, which is the first 30 days, i definitely thined out and felt a LOT stronger.. it really isn't until phase two where you start lifting heavy weights and put some muscle mass on..

I'll post a pic of my back from day 1 to day 30, which was phase 1.. i'm posting my back because it is probably the least homosexual pic i can post on here with my shirt off hahah.. Remember phase one wasn't much muscle building but you can definitely see a general "bigger" look..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the top one is day 1.. second is day 30..
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can totally see the difference in your pics bro. I'm definitely gonna give this a go. I'm gonna start the first week in June I figured it would be easier to track since it goes in increments of 30 days.

I usually (before I had my knee surgery) use to do about 25 minutes on the eliptical everyday (mon-fri) and each day I worked out a different muscle (Mon-Chest, Tues-Back & Bis, Wed-Traps & Tris, Thur-Shoulders, Fri-Combo of the things I did throughout the week) I was in alright shape but I would get bored with doing the same workouts over and over and I would always get to a point where I wouldn't see anymore results.

Figured I would give something new a try and I keep hearing about this P90X thing and how good it is. I'm just hoping my knee holds up, its been a couple months since I had the surgery and its seems to be fine.

Thanks for the info bro, I appreciate it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can totally see the difference in your pics bro. I'm definitely gonna give this a go. I'm gonna start the first week in June I figured it would be easier to track since it goes in increments of 30 days.

I usually (before I had my knee surgery) use to do about 25 minutes on the eliptical everyday (mon-fri) and each day I worked out a different muscle (Mon-Chest, Tues-Back & Bis, Wed-Traps & Tris, Thur-Shoulders, Fri-Combo of the things I did throughout the week) I was in alright shape but I would get bored with doing the same workouts over and over and I would always get to a point where I wouldn't see anymore results.

Figured I would give something new a try and I keep hearing about this P90X thing and how good it is. I'm just hoping my knee holds up, its been a couple months since I had the surgery and its seems to be fine.

Thanks for the info bro, I appreciate it.
    good for you man..

if i could give any advise, it would just be that the first 2-3 weeks are by far the hardest.. stick with it and dont be discouraged if you can only do 3-5 pull ups..

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a muscle builder right?

My aunts boyfriend has this and the fuckers built.

My aunt just started it last week however I don't think she'll follow it step by step.
    Plus her fat ass loves to eat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

never heard of this excericse? got me interested now

Thread Information