Why do you love Boxing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Love for Boxing

the man v man element, with the egos in tow.

its an antidote to teamwork of football, though obviously theres a team supporting a fighter too.

And good physiques, if you grew up in the 1980s, a good setr of muscles was part of what a man was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A very rant worthy question, but i will keep it short and sweet.

1, A brilliant mixture of mind, body, and spirit is required to be a superb fighter.

2. Boxing offers the widest spectrum of feelings comparing wins to losses.

3. When the integrety of the sport is kept, it can be the most honorable feeling in the world to go toe to toe with someone and leave as friends... (This reason here is why i was disgusted after the Mayweather/Ortiz fight)
    You are the Creator of all that is, all that was, and all there ever will be.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

..because no matter how much shit i give guys like barker this weekend this is a sport of inches and anything is possible. Duck left instead of right, turn your head the wrong way and it could be over. I also love how this sport no matter how many pricks try to turn it into a race war is worldwide and it makes no difference what color, size, background etc you have. Main reason i don't have a fav fighter, too many shapes, sizes, backgrounds, personalities, styles out there for me to pick just one or two. Lastly i love this sport cause it doesn't matter how long you've watched or think you know, no one can predict anything in this sport. You could have been a fan for 200 years and still call every fight this weekend wrong. Just the way it is.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love boxing because boxers are our last gladiators (along with MMA fighters).

Boxers are some of the toughest men on the planet.

The best in the world come from the very worst poverty and rise to become millionaires famous the world over.

Its the American dream.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because it is so complex an art that the better athletes lose regularly to smarter, tougher, more determined, harder working, more disciplined men. Mind can truly overcome matter.

Because it reveals a man's character as clearly as anything I can think of. Who is courageous and who is less so? Who deals with adversity well and who doesn't? Who deals with unfairness well and who doesn't? Who is resolute and who will cave under pressure? Who gets up when he can't? Boxing can reveal traits that I can only call those of human royalty. It also reveals the all too human traits of fear, fatigue and failure.

Because sometimes, not often, two men will force one another to such a plane of skill and shared savagery that one can only watch slack jawed wondering if Death himself is watching, scythe at the ready. Somehow other sports, no matter how noble the effort and how impressive the skill never quite reach the ever threatening human tightrope that top fighters walk. Where in Ice hockey can one find the equivalent of the Thrilla in Manila? Where on the diamond is Pryor-Arguello? Where on the track is Chacon-Limon IV? Where in the pool would one find Hagler-Hearns? Even in football, the most rugged of team games, there is no equal of Chionoi-Torres or Saad Muhammad-Yaqui Lopez or Chavez-Taylor.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post
    Because it is so complex an art that the better athletes lose regularly to smarter, tougher, more determined, harder working, more disciplined men. Mind can truly overcome matter.

Because it reveals a man's character as clearly as anything I can think of. Who is courageous and who is less so? Who deals with adversity well and who doesn't? Who deals with unfairness well and who doesn't? Who is resolute and who will cave under pressure? Who gets up when he can't? Boxing can reveal traits that I can only call those of human royalty. It also reveals the all too human traits of fear, fatigue and failure.

Because sometimes, not often, two men will force one another to such a plane of skill and shared savagery that one can only watch slack jawed wondering if Death himself is watching, scythe at the ready. Somehow other sports, no matter how noble the effort and how impressive the skill never quite reach the ever threatening human tightrope that top fighters walk. Where in Ice hockey can one find the equivalent of the Thrilla in Manila? Where on the diamond is Pryor-Arguello? Where on the track is Chacon-Limon IV? Where in the pool would one find Hagler-Hearns? Even in football, the most rugged of team games, there is no equal of Chionoi-Torres or Saad Muhammad-Yaqui Lopez or Chavez-Taylor.
    Bravo. You sir are a poet !
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information