Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Calzaghe v Pavlic what if?

Say Calzaghe dominated Pavlic. Would Pavlic be another Jeff Lacy? or would Calzaghe get more respect this time round?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Calzaghe v Pavlic what if?

If I negative repped you would you go away.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just wondering your opinion, neg rep thing means nothing to me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody is going to compare Pavlik to Lacy at this point.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They will never fight, Enzo is scared of Pavlik. But if they did, I see Pavlik knocking him out in mid-late rounds.

They say Enzo is a boxing brain, Hell I guess his ass is, He's keeping his boy out of harms way away from Pavlik.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How much respect can you give a LHW for fighting the MW champion of the world

Funny how Calzaghe stagnated in the SMW for years , now all of a sudden hes shouting out guys from lower weights , you missed the BUS joe ,
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe would dominate Pavlik.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think there is any "in the middle" guys left for pavlik or Joe is there.

Your either part of one groupie or the other.

If the thread becomes serius then i think it's more than likely that the loser of Joe VS Pavlik will be called a fraud for a long time to come.
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I should stay away from this. I really should but I can't.

I genuinely think that Pavlik would knock Calzaghe out. That wouldn't make Calzaghe a fraud by any means but think he would simply fall victim to a fightering entering their prime while he would be on his way out. His skills peaked a few years ago at Lacy I think, you could see some deteriation in the Kessler fight, had to change his style a bit and use his mind to win the fight. Then in the Hopkins fight it's clear he's on the downslide, a great victory for him but he's clearly not the same guy who was giving Roy Jones type performances for a few fights there.

Pavlik on the other hand is increasing his athletic ability every fight and is really becoming a middle weight punching machine and I really doubt Calzaghe would be able to keep up with that. I think a boxer with a great game with their feet will give Pavlik problems. I don't think that's Joe at this point and Pavlik I think is good enough to cut the ring off and not get stuck behind Joe's jab. I think it would be Pavlik but that doesn't take anything away from Joe he would have been an aging fighter by the time that happened as he has clearly peaked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    I should stay away from this. I really should but I can't.

I genuinely think that Pavlik would knock Calzaghe out. That wouldn't make Calzaghe a fraud by any means but think he would simply fall victim to a fightering entering their prime while he would be on his way out. His skills peaked a few years ago at Lacy I think, you could see some deteriation in the Kessler fight, had to change his style a bit and use his mind to win the fight. Then in the Hopkins fight it's clear he's on the downslide, a great victory for him but he's clearly not the same guy who was giving Roy Jones type performances for a few fights there.

Pavlik on the other hand is increasing his athletic ability every fight and is really becoming a middle weight punching machine and I really doubt Calzaghe would be able to keep up with that. I think a boxer with a great game with their feet will give Pavlik problems. I don't think that's Joe at this point and Pavlik I think is good enough to cut the ring off and not get stuck behind Joe's jab. I think it would be Pavlik but that doesn't take anything away from Joe he would have been an aging fighter by the time that happened as he has clearly peaked.
    I agree with most things you say but i still feel Calzaghe even just past his prime takes a UD over Pavlik at the moment but if this fight is to happen Calzaghe needs to fight Pavlik straight after he fights Jones before he is totaly past it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having seen Calzaghe for most of his career Pavlik is made for Calzaghe, infact you couldnt get a fighter more suited for Calzaghe.

A tall guy with no footwork that doesnt stop coming.

Geez it would be a career ruin beatdown should Calzaghe still be at 70% of what he was on 2005.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both fighters are over-rated IMO. Pavlik is still just learning his trade and Joe is on a slide from a height not that high to begin with.

It all comes down to who could out hustle the other. Both throw a lot of punches, Joe is faster while Pavlik hits harder. Whoever imposes their will more wins.

It is a 50/50 for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Freddie Roach on a Calzaghe/Pavlik match up:

"Pavlik's style is perfect for Calzaghe. Joe would pick him apart all night and stop him some time before the end"

Styles make fights and Pavlik is so made for Calzaghe i would be really pissed should Joe refuse to beat him up ands i mean PISSED!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Markusdarkus View Post
    Freddie Roach on a Calzaghe/Pavlik match up:

"Pavlik's style is perfect for Calzaghe. Joe would pick him apart all night and stop him some time before the end"

Styles make fights and Pavlik is so made for Calzaghe i would be really pissed should Joe refuse to beat him up ands i mean PISSED!
    Everyone up to this point has thought Pavlik was easy pickings. They all thought he was limited and C Class. Yet he knocked them all out. Pavlik will always look sloppy, but he will continue to knock guys out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik has a punchers chance but if I was betting its Joe all the way, Pavlik is made for him as others have said Joes skill against these kind of fighters is underrated Kelly will go on to be a big star but if he met Joe next year he would be embarrassed

If RJJ can turn the clock back a bit this could actully be a tougher test than Pavlik

BTW I am not a crazed fanboy I am English and hate the fact that the best boxer on this island is Welsh but you cant underestimate JC even on the decline
    "There is no point being alive if you cannot do the deadlift."
    John Paul Sigmarrsson, 4 time Word's Strongest Man

Hidden Content

Thread Information