Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Calzaghe Vs Hopkins at SM.

Probably wont happen now but if it did who would win and how?
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Calzaghe Vs Hopkins at SM.

I always said that Hopkins just wasn't in his class. Beating up blown-up little guys while 40 years old proves little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins was world class without a doubt, i think it's a hard fight to call prime for prime but i would fancy Joe over 12 rounds close decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Currently...Hopkins would lose to Joe as I see Joe being on an all time high...a few years back I'd pick Bernard to beat him.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right now Calzaghe would win, but he would have a harder time generating an offense than most think. Awhile ago like when Hopkins fought Trinidad he would have beating Calzaghe simply because Calzaghe has some technical flaws that he can take advantage of... hell even early in his career Hopkins took advantage of some of RJJ's flaws, and he was much better than Calzaghe at doing similar things, and much more unorthodox in his fighting style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Right now Calzaghe would win, but he would have a harder time generating an offense than most think. Awhile ago like when Hopkins fought Trinidad he would have beating Calzaghe simply because Calzaghe has some technical flaws that he can take advantage of... hell even early in his career Hopkins took advantage of some of RJJ's flaws, and he was much better than Calzaghe at doing similar things, and much more unorthodox in his fighting style.
    Agreed. Good points.

One thing that kills me now that you bring it up...I encourage everyone to watch Jones vs Hopkins. Argueably Hopkins was not in his prime when he fought Jones & everyone called that fight a wash...things couldn't be further from the truth.

Even though most casual viewers low rate the performance...that was a fairly intense fight between those two. I know it's cliche...but if you watch that fight closely you can see them both working it out in their head like moves on a board.

I love to watch that fight just to see one man trying to out think the other.

Hopkins was not as easily defeated by Jones as most people think.

IWO...that was one of Jones actual tests...I would have loved to have seen a rematch...but neither could agree & we have the mess that we have today.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Thread Information