Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exclamation sky sports 1 tonight - paulie malignaggi magic man

Hour and a half long special on Malinaggi starting at 20.30 tonight on SS1.

Quite amazing that britains premiere sports channel has a 90minute special on a guy who most of the british public will have no idea on whatsoever.

Never really seen the guy too much in depth and will be good to see the potential of rickys next opponent.

Also nutstv has hatton-collazo replay tonight and sky1 is showing "at home with the hattons".

Who says us brits dont know how to sell a PPV?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: sky sports 1 tonight - paulie malignaggi magic man

He is a talented guy but isn't a world beater, Cotto destroyed him, Ngoudjo pushed him, he is a powder puff puncher, with a solid chin. Good skills but he got his title possibly easier than most beating Lovemore who is hardly worthy of a belt. He will always be up there but he will always fall sort against the real top guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good shout ill have to watch that..What time NutsTV showing the Hatton Collazo match?
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Paulie, good style, and a tough guy.. some of the shots he took from Cotto..., to say Cotto destroyed him would be unfair, because it was a good match. Only problem I see with malignaggi is he never throws power shots, maybe because he simply doesn't have the power, which is probably the case with his 5 KO record. But I dunno.. if he can survive 12 rounds with Cotto, I think he can do the same with Hatton, and maybe even pick up a UD. Definately a fight i'm looking forward to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jmbtandy View Post
    He is a talented guy but isn't a world beater, Cotto destroyed him, Ngoudjo pushed him, he is a powder puff puncher, with a solid chin. Good skills but he got his title possibly easier than most beating Lovemore who is hardly worthy of a belt. He will always be up there but he will always fall sort against the real top guys.
    Are you kidding me?!

He pushed cotto to the limit in a fight where he wasnt even fighting the vintage malignaggi fight! LOL

The ring was small.. and instead of using the ring.. he had to punch him then smother him and slip at the same time..
    And dropping a close decision to the immensely brutal and talented miguel cotto.. having suffered your first cut in the first ten seconds.. your first knocdown.. further hand injuries and broken cheekbone all in the same fight.. think its fair to say your not givin paulie enough creditt..

And if all that fails to sway your original opinion then at least admit the fact that anyone who lasted the distance and was in anyway competative with miguel cotto was not destroyed.. Becuase goddamn there are plenty others you can tell me were destoyed and you'll be right..

What like 8 or so junior welterweight defenses before paulie.. 8-0 8kos (Dont rely on my assumption of around 8 is correct) but every last one of them ko'd and some solid names there..

I think paulies performance against cotto is only rivaled by mosely and that is to be expected completely..
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tins06 View Post
    Good shout ill have to watch that..What time NutsTV showing the Hatton Collazo match?
    Thats on at half 10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tito BHB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbtandy View Post
    Are you kidding me?!

He pushed cotto to the limit in a fight where he wasnt even fighting the vintage malignaggi fight! LOL

The ring was small.. and instead of using the ring.. he had to punch him then smother him and slip at the same time..
    And dropping a close decision to the immensely brutal and talented miguel cotto.. having suffered your first cut in the first ten seconds.. your first knocdown.. further hand injuries and broken cheekbone all in the same fight.. think its fair to say your not givin paulie enough creditt..

And if all that fails to sway your original opinion then at least admit the fact that anyone who lasted the distance and was in anyway competative with miguel cotto was not destroyed.. Becuase goddamn there are plenty others you can tell me were destoyed and you'll be right..

What like 8 or so junior welterweight defenses before paulie.. 8-0 8kos (Dont rely on my assumption of around 8 is correct) but every last one of them ko'd and some solid names there..

I think paulies performance against cotto is only rivaled by mosely and that is to be expected completely..

I always believed that fight completely suited paulie though, especially pace wise.

Cotto never exactly went full steam during the fight and was quite content to let paulie pick and choose the moments the 2 actually let loose with the punches.

After the knockdown cotto knew he could fight paulie at that pace and still get the better of him and but for a few dodgy rounds towards the end it was largely a fight cotto got the better of.

Against hatton he wont have none of that and hatton will want 3minute slugfests constantly.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If that is the title of the show, then that is the documetary that was made about Malignaggi 2 years ago. I think Lou DaBully was the producer or something, but I could be wrong about that.

Anyways, it's basically Paulie hyping himself, talking about his life growing up, and it traces the events leading up to his fight with Cotto.

I watched it out of curiosity, and it was good for a few laughs for me (in a ridiculous way), since I'm not a fan of his.

As a side note, regarding the Cotto/Malignaggi fight, I would like to remind you guys, that in that fight, Cotto incurred a boxers fracture in his left hand, during the 6th or 7th round. As you know, his left hand is his money maker, and had that not happened, I'm sure that Cotto would have broken him down, and the fight would not have lasted 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post

As a side note, regarding the Cotto/Malignaggi fight, I would like to remind you guys, that in that fight, Cotto incurred a boxers fracture in his left hand, during the 6th or 7th round. As you know, his left hand is his money maker, and had that not happened, I'm sure that Cotto would have broken him down, and the fight would not have lasted 12 rounds.
    Well we can all say these what ifs. If Paulie hadn't been cut he would of stuck to the original game plan and won. If the ring was bigger Paulie would of stuck to the original game plan and won. The fact is you'll never know, and I think your talking a load of crap anyway, Cotto hit him with some big shots after the 6-7 round also, Malignaggi took every punch he threw, even the knockdown didn't really hurt him.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyUK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post

Well we can all say these what ifs. If Paulie hadn't been cut he would of stuck to the original game plan and won. If the ring was bigger Paulie would of stuck to the original game plan and won. The fact is you'll never know, and I think your talking a load of crap anyway, Cotto hit him with some big shots after the 6-7 round also, Malignaggi took every punch he threw, even the knockdown didn't really hurt him.
    I'm talking a load of crap huh?

Click here and scroll to the story titled "Gatti-Cotto this fall?"

ESPN.com - BOXING - Rafael: Margarito ready, Mayweather notwithstanding

And I Quote

"Although junior welterweight titlist Miguel Cotto is still in a soft cast after suffering a hairline fracture in his left hand during his decision victory against Paulie Malignaggi on June 10"

You might want to try and learn your facts before you call someone a liar. I wouldn't post that Cotto had a boxers fracture, unless it was true. I don't make up, or talk bull$hit.

I'm neg repping you for not knowing your facts, and for calling me a liar. I don't like neg repping, I've only done it twice before, but I don't like being called a liar even more.

Oh, and Paulie wasn't brutilized? Oh, I see, he always looks this way, silly me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok... Neg rep me all I want, what do I care, I don't even really know what the system does, the point is you're using this hand injury as a excuse to big back up cotto. I never said it didn't happen, i'm saying even after it did supposedly happen in the 6th, he hit him with plenty of big shots before AND after that wernt enough. No I don't really think he got brutalized, the cut above his eye was the result of a cut about a minute into the first round, and well, whats a big of cheek swelling? You back your precious cotto up all you want, well after the 6th round he was still using this infractured hand of his, and I think you need to give credit where due to Paulie.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair Paulie lost to Cotto who is outstanding , Ricky lost to Mayweather who is outstanding , based on his stamina - movement - chin - and speed , id pick him as favorite over Ricky based on their last few performances.
    But i do agree N'Dou is nothing more than a plodding durable journeyman.

And my view isn't biased as i like Ricky , and i think Paulie is an arrogant prick. Its just based on what i have seen in the last few years. Id love Ricky to beat him .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information