Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Linares vs DeMarco..... WOW!!!

Loved it. What a fight. No spoilers. Just wow. Watch it NOW if you haven't....

I really like both guys. DeMarco is a great stalker lacking power and Linares has incredible skills lacking power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Linares vs DeMarco..... WOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    Loved it. What a fight. No spoilers. Just wow. Watch it NOW if you haven't....

I really like both guys. DeMarco is a great stalker lacking power and Linares has incredible skills lacking power.
    Lacking power? Have you seen the KO / win ratio for each fighter?

And DeMarco turned the fight around by landing a couple of good punches after losing nearly every round. He did that because he hit Linares with enough power that Linares was a changed fighter afterwards.

It was a good fight, two very good fighters, well matched.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree 100 percent with you except for the lacking power part. Sure they are not KO artists but I do feel they pack power. Other than that you are correct. Amazing fight nonetheless.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Class fight!had everything!made up slightly for the farce that followed! Very impressed with linares the cut defo had a big affect on him he boxed great till then dimarco done really well to get the stoppage thow! Would defo like c Kevin Mitchell in ther with ether ov these guys.the lightweight division is looking pretty tasty just now!

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very nice fight with ebb and flow. Demarco has those lanky pointed kind of shots that look like they sap alot over time. Hopefully HBO will replay this one rather than main event implosion on next card. Both can provide huge spark in weight class.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amazing fight, yet you won't hear any mention of this fight on espn or see any highlights of it. instead you'll hear about the fiasco that was hop dawson, and that sucks for boxing. Hope they rematch at some point cause I think linares if not for that insane cut on his nose could do it

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight. The undercard fights were excellent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fight of the year not seen better in a long time for bravery

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great, come from behind win for DeMarco. Full credit to him. With that said, I kind of felt it was stopped a little early. Yes Linares was hurt and a bloody mess. But I think he was dodging more than he was catching and had weathered the storm. Not to mention the round was almost over. But so be it. Either way it takes nothing from DeMarco's victory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Great, come from behind win for DeMarco. Full credit to him. With that said, I kind of felt it was stopped a little early. Yes Linares was hurt and a bloody mess. But I think he was dodging more than he was catching and had weathered the storm. Not to mention the round was almost over. But so be it. Either way it takes nothing from DeMarco's victory
    I agree, should have let him whether the storm. I think the loss of blood was on the ref's mind. Heck it was on mine. Jorge would have been better off having a TKO from a cut 2 rounds earlier than fighting on with a loss of blood and then getting his clocked cleaned just to end up with the TKO loss anyway

My recreation of the last 2 rounds of the fight

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight and props to Demarco for gutting it out but I see that as a fluke. He was being outclassed but got lucky when Linares got that cut.

IT's always difficult to fight with that much blood covering your face and going inside your eyes and all. Anyone who's been there would understand how much that can affect you..

This fight warrants a rematch straight up. Demarco aint getting lucky again.. NO way..

wow once again, Linares' boxing ability amazed me. Skill-wise, he's up there with Marquez and Nonito.

Stand up Linares!!!!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really think Linares will be just a top contender possibly pick up a belt somewhere but can't see him being dominant and or a champ for a long time as he once was said to be.
    All those injuries set him back and can potentially be the reason he is in the position he is now.

I had a feeling DeMarco would win. I think it shows that DeMarco is patient and has the heart & courage to get it done. He needs to clean up his defense a bit, would like to see more waist movement. Another thing is that he's a slow starter. He needs start earlier.

On my wish list is for DeMarco to wizzi' zip! Robert Guerreros ass up and down the bay area and once and for all show that Robert is not as good as his record might lead you to believe...

As far as the fight, fucken Lampley was short of going into the ring and giving Linares a blowjob.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Great fight and props to Demarco for gutting it out but I see that as a fluke. He was being outclassed but got lucky when Linares got that cut.

IT's always difficult to fight with that much blood covering your face and going inside your eyes and all. Anyone who's been there would understand how much that can affect you..

This fight warrants a rematch straight up. Demarco aint getting lucky again.. NO way..

wow once again, Linares' boxing ability amazed me. Skill-wise, he's up there with Marquez and Nonito.

Stand up Linares!!!!!!
    Linares face didn't get cut, bloodied and lumped up on it's own. DeMarco did that. To call it luck is pretty damn stupid.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a good fight and i would like to see the rematch
    Last edited by Dia bando; 10-19-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

Stand up Linares!!!!!!
    Linares face didn't get cut, bloodied and lumped up on it's own. DeMarco did that. To call it luck is pretty damn stupid.
    Im not denying that it was a punch that caused the cut but at the same time, it was one of those freak cuts in a weird location. Something that doesnt happen too often. And dont forget about the headbutt that broke his nose. All that became a factor in Linares losing his form.

Linares was in full control dude and without that once-in-a-blue-moon freak cut and the headbutt that broke his nose, he would have won.. no doubt about it.

Demarco was very fortunate that the ref stopped the bout prematurely.

Thread Information