Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wacko's backo!!! Partial Year in Review.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wacko's backo!!! Partial Year in Review.

Finally...I'm getting back in the game, me bwoyo's!

Some of you I know...
    most of you I've missed...
    alot of you new youngin's...I don't know...
    but there's no time like the present to acquainted or reaqauinted, eh?

Now, before any of you jump the gun...ole' Wacko's been doing all right lately. Contrary to popular belief...I did not drink myself into a seven month coma...nor did I go on a trip with the "Rainbow Coalition"...nor was I stationed in Iraq...nor was I captured by toothless inbred hillbillies while rafting...& I sure as shat did'nt switch over to no other pugilistic website...no dear friends, Wacko simply packed up his shat & moved on up...to the eeeeeeeeeastside...to a deluxe uh-pot-mint in the skyyyyyyyyyhighhigh...moooo-who-vin on up...

Yeah...that aint the case either. Wacko's relocated to a rather mediocre house all by himself...life is grand.

Now that I'm back...let me go ahead & issue a "blanket greeting" to all that fit into one of the above categories.

Also...when I say that I'd like to issue a "blanket greeting" I simply mean that I want to get down to business by greeting one & all at once. Some of you may be confused by that phrase...certain "some of you's" may even run with it...taking it out of context...possibly twisting it into sexual enuendos or something homo-erotic. I personally am not a fan of such behavior...nor will I point any fingers or bring up any names (CUTEMICK!) of certain members who would do such a licivious thing as (CUTEMICK!) turning my home coming into an all around travesty.

Such shabby behavior is unbecoming of a moderator & a member of this site.

That being said...it's good to be back & I sure have missed being in the joint. Thrilled shitless to see that most of me ole' chums are still here. I've got loads to say & much to discuss...but I'm a bit rusty...so bear with me chit-lins!
    ================================================== ==================
    The Partial Year in Review from Wacko

After being out of the discussion loop for quite some time...I'm ready to jump back in.

Now...I'm sure that I'll miss some matches that most of you will chastize me for...but these are the fights that I enjoyed the most. As usual...many of you will disagree with my opinions, so feel free to chime in with your thoughts or clue me in to a match that you saw while I was on sabatical.

The Partial Year in Review from Wacko

Wlad Klitschko vs Sultan Ibragimov : While I was, admittedly, a fan of the elder brother...I have to say that Wlad has stepped up to the plate & swung away on all comers. Wlad is without a doubt the most dominate heavyweight in the game today...but that aint saying much. This fight was a snoozer, but not on account of Wlad's abilities alone. While he did paw with his jab the majority of the bout, Ibrag did'nt do much to engage the Steelhammer either. Wlad's got game...no doubt there & he's improved a hell of a lot since his 2004 loss to Lamon Brewster. He avenged that loss in devastating fashion by totally annihilating Lamon in six brutal rounds. He then went on to hammer out Castillo in four, blast out Ray Austin in two, slammed Calvin Brock & Chris Byrd in seven, & pulled the distance against Sam Peter with some nail biting results. Again, no arguement on the young Klit being the figure head of 200lbs & rising...here's to hoping he stops Thompson in July.

Lucian Bute vs William Joppy : Bute seems to be getting better & better with each & every bout...too bad his opposition isn't. It seems that either Bute's team doesn't want to put him in with a real player...or nobody wants to play with Bute. In his day William Joppy was an incredible fighter...his day has'nt been in for over seven years now & that was head to head with the Battersea Bomber. Whether or not Bute can handle a legitamate Super Middle contender remains to be seen. Personally, I'd like nothing more than to see Kessler Bute in 2008...but I aint holding my breath, Kess seems either scared or scarred by the hiding that Joe gave him.

Kelly Pavlik vs Jermain Taylor II & Gary Lockett : Once one of the best kept secrets of boxing, Kelly Pavlik burst onto the stage with a breakout performance against would be middleweight champ Jermain Taylor. With a gutty knockdown drag out fight to the bloody finish over the course of seven career altering rounds for both combatants back in September of 2007, Pavlik would graciously offer Taylor a rematch to start off 2008. Taylor fumbled around for two or three months before demanding a rematch. Taylor made it out on his feet this time...but he still lost the bout...even at a heavier weight. While Jermain thought that he had done enough to pull out a win, fans knew different. Pavlik was the star of the show & the division. He continued to ring in the new year by totally destroying Gary Lockett in three rounds. Rumors are churning over a possible Calzaghe Pavlik firefight at light heavyweight...can't say that I'm thrilled about that. Personally, I feel that the Pavlik train is right on track & a Calzaghe match is a sure derailer. Apparently...Joe thinks so too. We shall see.

Miguel Cotto vs Alfonso Gomez : Honestly...I thought that this fight was a step backwards for Cotto...but after his 12 round November battle of wills against Sugar Shane Mosley...he deserved a gimmee. Truthfully...I'm a bit nervous in regards to the date looming around the corner with Margarito. While I think that Cotto is the better fighter all around...he sometimes let's his heart over rule his head & that, me bwoyo's, is something that you just don't do against Antonio Margarito. While I am no fan of Margarito...he does have a great equalizer when he's on point...& you can bet your asses that he's going to bring his A+ game against Junito. No shit...I'm sweatin' this one.

Floyd Mayweather vs Ricky Hatton : Technically a 2007 match...this one had to come into the discussion due to the fact that it's more than likely Floyd's last bout as he has recently announced his retirement from the game & scuttled a multi-million dollar rematch with Oscar. It's no secret that Floyd is Wacko's favorite fighter of all time (second only to Hopkins) & this match proved why. Mayweather handed Hatton his first defeat in front of a huge pro-Hatton crowd by a demeaning tenth round knockout. Floyd is known for being on of the slickest in the game...few expected to be treated to a stoppage & most were hoping beyond hope for a Hatton win. Mayweather is argueably the best fighter in the world...for his time, he's also the most hated. Truthfully I think the game is going to be a little less...loud, brash, annoying, & flambouyant without "Money Mayweather" around...such a shame.

Nate Campbell vs Juan Diaz : Everyone that knows me knows that I am a huge fan of Juan Diaz...so you should know that seeing him get walked over by Nate Campbell was a heart wrencher for the Wackster. To say that I was shocked is an understatement of the highest power...& that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Carlos Quintana vs Paul Williams I & II : It was no fluke that Quintana defeated Williams over 12 rounds back in February...just like it was no shock that Williams hammered Quintana out in two in the rematch. Williams continues to defy critics with each & every tooth chippin that he deals out. Paul "the Punisher" has called on just about every name in the welterweight division...but none seem to be calling back. With a record of 35 wins, 1 loss, & 25 devastating knockouts...it's no wonder why. I'd look for Williams to keep moving upwards & onwards...as long as he get's a grip on his ego.

Joe Calzaghe vs Bernard Hopkins : In the end this has to be the fight of the year for me so far. Yes it was an ugly affair, but it was indeed a break out performance by Joe & it went down just like I called it before I went on me break. Since registering on this site years ago...I've been chastized by my countrymen for backing Joe Calzaghe over my favorite American boxers. Everyone said that he would fall under the fists of Lacy...he practically "hiney hole humped" him in front of thousands of blood thirsty Brits. Everyone said that Kessler had the power, youth, & speed to contend with Joe...he did'nt. Everyone (including Bernard) said that Hopkins (me all time faver) would be to dirty, to cagey, & far to crafty to let a "white bwoy beat him"...he & they were wrong. Sooner or later...everyone's gonna have to wake up & recognize the fact that Joe is not a man to be taken lightly.

Alright...granted...that's a short list, but it's the matches that meant the most to me. There were plenty of other performances out there that I probably should've mentioned...but I aint got all day...so I'll just let you hit a few.

What did it for you?
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wacko's backo!!! Partial Year in Review.

Welcome back, the place wasn't the same without ya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who would have thought...You actually came back...Well...thats good news,isn't it ?!?
    Welcome back bro...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Welcome back, the place wasn't the same without ya.
    Thanks babe. Glad to be back...I have'nt been the same without this place either. I'm just gettin used to the new forum & what not...good stuff.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Please do some RBR's man, I brought back the sports book yesterday it will be just like old times!!

You were really missed around here, some of these new kids are alright, we've had a few oddities that needed to get straightened out, millions new PAC and Hatton fans, so on that front pretty standard operating procedure. I think a worthwhile fight discussion topic are the WNF And FNF upsets this year.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post
    Who would have thought...You actually came back...Well...thats good news,isn't it ?!?
    Welcome back bro...
    Indeed. It is good to be back.

You nervous about our bwoy's Sturm & Abraham?

I know I am.

SigmaMu Guest

Welcome back. I know that I am not your favorite poster here and yet here I am

Hopkins/Calzaghe fight of the year?

On what planet was that on?

You forgot to Mention Sergio Mora

Funny how Floyd Mayweather retires and now you are back. Could this be Floyd? Is that you Floyd?

Speaking of Floyds,

Quote of the year?

He thanks Leonard Ellerbe, a homosexual. I know he's a homosexual and everyone else knows it. You can print that because I said it. I can tell you nothing else but how gay he is."

Floyd Mayweather Sr.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

welcome back bro! those rbr were looking a bit shady without u!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome back Wacko , good to see you again bro...and you know what Wacko ? I really hate the Moving things....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Please do some RBR's man, I brought back the sports book yesterday it will be just like old times!!

You were really missed around here, some of these new kids are alright, we've had a few oddities that needed to get straightened out, millions new PAC and Hatton fans, so on that front pretty standard operating procedure. I think a worthwhile fight discussion topic are the WNF And FNF upsets this year.
    Whattup killuh?!?!

Good to know that I was missed...as I said...I am really glad to be back. I'm gonna ease back in to things & try to get the DRBR back in full swing...but as I said...I gotta get adjusted to the new site...& being back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Wacko2305 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post
    Welcome back bro...
    Indeed. It is good to be back.

You nervous about our bwoy's Sturm & Abraham?

I know I am.

I'm nervous about AA,but Sturm should have no problems in the Griffin rematch...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know you but.

WELCOME BACK

Have some rep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WELCOME back Wacko, Ol Lefty's missed you

have some rep on me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats 1 hell of a way to get your rep count up mate

welcome back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bout' damn time Wacky Glad you're still amongst the living

All I gotta say is.......................

Don't go away again silly
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Thread Information