Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Those darn excuses!!!!!!

I was faced with adversities that I have never had to deal with in this fight, with my weight. All during training camp, no matter how hard I worked the weight did not come off like it had before. I did not eat or drink anything Thursday or Friday(Bullshat) and still I had trouble making weight but I did not want to let the network down and my fans around the world. I went into the ring weak and ill, but I gave it my best effort. Edison Miranda.......... (Bro this complete and utter bullshat, He knows he got that ass sparked.......I can't stand when fighters do this shat, It takes away from the winner.)
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Those darn excuses!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer's Infection
    I was faced with adversities that I have never had to deal with in this fight, with my weight. All during training camp, no matter how hard I worked the weight did not come off like it had before. I did not eat or drink anything Thursday or Friday(Bullshat) and still I had trouble making weight but I did not want to let the network down and my fans around the world. I went into the ring weak and ill, but I gave it my best effort. Edison Miranda.......... (Bro this complete and utter bullshat, He knows he got that a** sparked.......I can't stand when fighters do this shat, It takes away from the winner.)

This kind of thing happens when you have a ego. You look for excuses, it helps ease the pain when you live in denial. He probably figures with that excuse it will help fight the ghost in his head that he has to deal with everytime he jumps in the ring from here until the end of his career.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He did look somewhat flat, but thats really irrelevent. He could have been in perfect condition and still would have eaten punches all night. I've seen heavy bags that avoided more 1,2's than that guy. If he kept his hands up in the first part of the fight, I might believe that it was fatigue and malnutrition that dropped his arms later.

He swings wide and and doesnt defend. He'll be the new mayorga .
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hahaha! knew this would happen. what did i say Rhun and Greg, told you he was going to lose! Im glad he did to be honest totally disrepectul towards Kelly and got beaten fair. But i hope he comes back so we can see more of these! get up to 168 then is the simple answer?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed
    He did look somewhat flat, but thats really irrelevent. He could have been in perfect condition and still would have eaten punches all night. I've seen heavy bags that avoided more 1,2's than that guy. If he kept his hands up in the first part of the fight, I might believe that it was fatigue and malnutrition that dropped his arms later.

First off CC, haven't seen you around in a long while.

And yeah, Pavlik just had the right style to beat him. It's wierd, he usually does have his hands up and his defense is usually tight from the outside, especially in the early rounds. Wasn't the case here but either way, I think Pavlik beats him 10 times out of 10, he just has the right style and he isn't scared.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat

And yeah, Pavlik just had the right style to beat him. It's wierd, he usually does have his hands up and his defense is usually tight from the outside, especially in the early rounds. Wasn't the case here but either way, I think Pavlik beats him 10 times out of 10, he just has the right style and he isn't scared.
    Thanks CC back atcha. Yeah, I havent been around that much. Probably has to do with the excitement level of some of the fights being made now. Hard to get intrigued and break down a fight like i used to...or pick apart fighters like i used to. So many fights are to easy to call right off and and the action isnt even worth it. Also too many fights on PPV, so unless i feel like spending the money, i feel like i am too late to talk about it by the time I've caught the replay.

I agree on Pavlik. Pavlik doesnt strike me as the future of the division either. Dont get me wrong, the guy puts his work in.... but against a thinking fighter, i can easily see him being confused on his way to a loss. For as much leather as was landed on Pantera, you have to wonder if anyone will ever be afraid of him again.

They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

+1 for you. Hell no he isnt scared. I bet Taylor is.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watch the fight about 10 times already(Via HBO Demand) Miranda gained like 12 pounds after the weight(He said he did not eat two days prior)Which equals bullshat in my mind. Miranda punches looked strong when he was going forward............. What I'm trying to say is he cannot except this defeat so he gave a fake congrats and tried to save his ass with this lousy excuse. Out of respect of my fellow forum members, I believe Miranda will be champ again(I really do), But these excuses does not sit well with me.......... I know about being a huge fan of fighters and being let down,(Remember I'm a T.Morrison fan so there was alot of letdowns)But I will always be a Tommy fan until I'm dead, so I respect your perspective on your following fighters.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by southakron314

+1 for you. Hell no he isnt scared. I bet Taylor is.
    Well that was the thing for me. I knew Pavlik had the tools, but it's not hard to crumble with that type of power coming at you. And Pavlik didn't, he stood his ground and eventually backed Miranda up (from what I've seen).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep CC!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer's Infection
    Yep CC!
    And a sad click to you

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bottom line pavlik won and he won in a way very rare boxers now a days can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks CC back atcha. Yeah, I havent been around that much. Probably has to do with the excitement level of some of the fights being made now. Hard to get intrigued and break down a fight like i used to...or pick apart fighters like i used to. So many fights are to easy to call right off and and the action isnt even worth it. Also too many fights on PPV, so unless i feel like spending the money, i feel like i am too late to talk about it by the time I've caught the replay.

I agree on Pavlik. Pavlik doesnt strike me as the future of the division either. Dont get me wrong, the guy puts his work in.... but against a thinking fighter, i can easily see him being confused on his way to a loss. For as much leather as was landed on Pantera, you have to wonder if anyone will ever be afraid of him again.

Who do you think won the Spinks fight?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor won that fight, Spinks was on his bike, but was too scared to cross the busy intersection.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr

Who do you think won the Spinks fight?
    Spinks Lost the Spinks Fight more than Taylor won it. Had Spinks been more proactive in what he was doing, he could have walked away with it. Taylor didnt do a hell of a lot either, but you have to take the belt from the champ and Corey Spinks thought he could get by with doing just enough. With a homegrown media inflated champion like Taylor, you couldnt have thought that they were going to let Corey Spinks walk away and invalidate years of hope and misled public opinion that Taylor was the real deal with anything less than a knockout (never happen) or domination. Why else is taylor fighting blown up welters. This guy is constantly and undeservedly on the winning side of close calls. Putting him in against a guy like spinks was genius. Spinks comes up in weight and even if he makes Taylor look bad, jermains got the edge in power and aggression which should have bailed him out anyway...and talking like he just destroyed a small city is a cheap tactic to get some of the doubters on his side. Corey didnt have to cooperate but he fell right into line by trying to win by the narrowest of margins. In the end for all the jumping around and celebrating that Spinks did was no match for Taylors marketability.

Its only a matter of time before the bottom falls out completely on jermain taylor... there will come a point where Dibella can no longer sell people and put a shine on Taylor... and Emmanual Steward will be unable to talk Taylor down out of his tree in between rounds. The are just trying to outrun the clock and hopefully feed Taylor to a better fighter and get the new guys bandwangon rolling before everyone realizes that Taylor wasnt all he was cracked up to be.

Its the nature of the beast... If you cant find and grow a champ, find something close and sell it big... lets just hope that you can convince everyone and they buy it long enough for you to make a profit before you have to sneak out the back door with their money.

Thread Information