Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Witter is coming to the states to face BHOP's Nephew...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Witter is coming to the states to face BHOP's Nephew...

well now i hope this isn't old news..but maybe this will lead to a demand for ricky to face witter or hopkins but i think witter will win this one....unless the judges find his style to difficult to score
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Witter is coming to the states to face BHOP's Nephew...

Hatton was previously looking at Hopkins, Holt and Torres. Witter has snatched Hopkins, so It shows they're at least operating in the same circles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Hatton was previously looking at Hopkins, Holt and Torres. Witter has snatched Hopkins, so It shows they're at least operating in the same circles.
    they should be operating in the same ring instead of reading from "possible opponents other than list" if you get what i mean
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive never seen D-Hop fight. Could he beat Witter?

I heard he got a gift Dec over Forbes....? Any truth in that
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather+Mosley
    they should be operating in the same ring instead of reading from "possible opponents other than list" if you get what i mean
    I mean, if they're operating in the same circles it's a matter of time before they collide. Witter doesn't want Hatton scraps, Hatton doesn't want Witter scraps, they'll clear the division soon and meet.

Jim, Hopkins V Forbes was a robbery in Hopkins favour. An absolute travesty.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather+Mosley
    I mean, if they're operating in the same circles it's a matter of time before they collide. Witter doesn't want Hatton scraps, Hatton doesn't want Witter scraps, they'll clear the division soon and meet.

Jim, Hopkins V Forbes was a robbery in Hopkins favour. An absolute travesty.
    I think the word robbery gets thrown about too much, it was a close fight that i felt Forbes won. But no way was it a robbery more like controversial decision because wide scorecards didn't reflect how close the fight really was. And lets not forget Witter has had a few gift decisions as well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel it was a robbery as I have not yet come across a single person who felt that Hopkins won the fight. Everybody was certain Forbes had won an there was an outcry at the decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm with Donny on this. Fornas-Hopkins was a COMPLETE robbery and the judges must have been somking dope or something as it was a robust decision.

ICB I know you have already stated about this word 'robbed' being used to often but in this case Forbes seriousley did get 'robbed'.

Another thing Forbes was so distressed about the decision he wrote into Ring mag and I read an interview with him a few weeks ago and he stated he had a meeting with ODLH about quitting the sport after Oscar got 'robbed' in the mosely fight and Oscar reassured him so he carried on boxing but Steve was really down about that decision

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im keen to learn of these gifts decisions Witter got
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee
    I'm with Donny on this. Fornas-Hopkins was a COMPLETE robbery and the judges must have been somking dope or something as it was a robust decision.

ICB I know you have already stated about this word 'robbed' being used to often but in this case Forbes seriousley did get 'robbed'.

Another thing Forbes was so distressed about the decision he wrote into Ring mag and I read an interview with him a few weeks ago and he stated he had a meeting with ODLH about quitting the sport after Oscar got 'robbed' in the mosely fight and Oscar reassured him so he carried on boxing but Steve was really down about that decision
    I could see an argument that Hopkins earned a draw or maybe won the fight by 1 point. I only had Forbes winning by a narrow margin, robberies are where its impossible to give to victory to the other opponent, like Holyfield against Lewis, Whitaker against Chavez where both Lewis and Holyfield won by at least 3 rounds and it was impossible to have it any closer. Forbes got a gift decision in his last fight as well so that makes up for his controversial decision loss to Hopkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimafee
    Im keen to learn of these gifts decisions Witter got
    Andreas Kotelnik was pretty razor thin close i haven't see Colin Lynes fight. But i heard that was very close as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Witter has never been in a controversial fight,he beat lynes by a few points,even lynes didnt think he won,that was the closest fight of witter's career...

witter will be 2 quick and powerful for hopkins,witter by late stoppage or on points...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Witter with a KO around round 7

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimafee
    Ive never seen D-Hop fight. Could he beat Witter?

I heard he got a gift Dec over Forbes....? Any truth in that
    Yeah he didnt even beat Forbes who was a blown up superfeather . The judges messed up in every fight that night .

Witter needs a fight like this to be forgiven for the Judah loss . In America against a name and I think he'll make a statement cuz he travelled well last time vs Ndou . This will force the Yanks to make a Hatton - Witter fight .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins vs. Forbes was one of the worst robberies I've ever seen.

I will say that I'm glad that Hopkins is fighting Witter, though. Hopkins is a joke and is living off of his uncle's (I think) name. Witter will end his reign of BS.

More importantly................

This pulls Hopkins out of the potential opponents for Hatton's next fight. I felt that Hopkins was the one guy of that group that Hatton would have no problems with.

Now we have Hatton vs. Torres or Hatton vs. Holt. Both of these fights interest me greatly, and I look forward to seeing either one of them. Although a Holt vs. Torres rematch (in a neutral venue this time) should have taken place first to determine who should get the big payday that Hatton will bring them. But since the rematch hasn't happened, I would favor the Hatton vs. Torres fight.

Torres TKO 12

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frozen you seem to have the same train of thought as I do.
    If Witter beats Hopkins and Hatton beats,,,let's say Torres. The Hatton will have Hopkins removed as a potential opponent and Witter will have Torres removed as a possablity. Thus limiting the amount of opponents putting them in a better position to fight one another.

Thread Information