Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hatton v DLH??

I guess there are several opinions from the RH v FM fight

Dont get me wrong, Hatton was totaly outclassed, i thought Mayweather would win by 3-4 rounds. BUT, rather than conclude Hatton simply wasnt good enough etc, i would argue that perhaps Mayweather made his most impressive performance so far?

Im not saying Hatton would beat DLH, and its clear that Hatton isnt as good (or indeed even close at 147) but i wouldnt assume DLH would win easily, just on the basis of the Mayweather fight. I think it would be a close one...and very exciting too

Id like to see Hatton have a break then Maybe take on Witter before a DLH moneyspinner

thoughts??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton v DLH??

If Oscar can't pull the big left hook off Hatton on workrate and body shots to take UD12 only at 147lbs he should'nt even try 154lbs

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

De La Hoya would murder Hatton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fishlock4ever
    I guess there are several opinions from the RH v FM fight

Dont get me wrong, Hatton was totaly outclassed, i thought Mayweather would win by 3-4 rounds. BUT, rather than conclude Hatton simply wasnt good enough etc, i would argue that perhaps Mayweather made his most impressive performance so far?

Im not saying Hatton would beat DLH, and its clear that Hatton isnt as good (or indeed even close at 147) but i wouldnt assume DLH would win easily, just on the basis of the Mayweather fight. I think it would be a close one...and very exciting too

Id like to see Hatton have a break then Maybe take on Witter before a DLH moneyspinner

thoughts??
    I don't think the DLH fight will ever come off, if it does and Hatton wins, he'll be labellled a genius and an all time great, when (if he does) all Hatton will ever have done is beat an old DLH, and old Kosta and got a right good beat down from Floyd Mayweather.

Hatton is way too overrated, he struggled in his first jump to 147, was outclassed by Floyd, and has no option now but to fight Witter...because if Hatton chooses either Paul Williams or Miguel Cotto, it'll be lights out.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar would win easily inside 3 rounds for me , Hatton doesnt have a prayer.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al
    Oscar would win easily inside 3 rounds for me , Hatton doesnt have a prayer.
    Hatton is a great fighter, and since he came up short against the P4P best fighter in the world now all of a sudden people don't wont to give him a chance against anybody. I think Oscar would win this in a close UD because of size not skill. In the later rounds when Oscar would fade Hatton would be all over his ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thoght before the Mayweather fight that Hatton would give De Le Hoya a beating but after Dec 8th im not so sure, I think it would be a close fight. I want Hatton to drop back down to 140 wher he reigns and belongs. Bring on Malagnaggi & Witter!
    Nothings Sweeter Than Sugar

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually think that Hatton would have a real chance here, purely because I doubt Oscar's ability to make 147 healthily. If Hatton was able to land body shots on a weight drained DLH, I think Oscar would be in trouble. It is a risk however, and he's a much better fighter at 140. Now he's lost, I think that puts Witter & Paulie in the frame as legit fights. Both are complete tossers who need to be KO'ed anyway, so he'd be performing a public service.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just see the bigger Oscar catching Hatton on the way in , and bingo its goodnight Ricky.
    but hey id be happy if Hatton did win the fight , just cant see it personally
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brazilianbomber
    Hatton is a great fighter, and since he came up short against the P4P best fighter in the world now all of a sudden people don't wont to give him a chance against anybody.
    No mate, not anybody, just big lumpy welterweights.

Oscar would be in a hurry and Rick wouldnt be able to keep him off. Hatton would be sparked out again, this time sooner.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know how much more clear I have to make this to people.
    Oscar at 147 is suicide for him. If Oscar does comeback at 147 I would honestly tell you he's no longer doing it for him for his legacy. He would be doing it for #1. Money and #2. More Money.

He can not make 147 without risking it all, Oscar walks around 170 on the norm hitting 154 was not bad for him but trying to hit 147 he'd be killing himself. I'll say it again Oscars fighting for the wrong reasons now. I thought he was smarter then that and he'd know when to walk away but apparently he's not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Oscar at 147 is suicide for him. If Oscar does comeback at 147 I would honestly tell you he's no longer doing it for him for his legacy. He would be doing it for #1. Money and #2. More Money.

He can not make 147 without risking it all, Oscar walks around 170 on the norm hitting 154 was not bad for him but trying to hit 147 he'd be killing himself. I'll say it again Oscars fighting for the wrong reasons now. I thought he was smarter then that and he'd know when to walk away but apparently he's not.
    CC for telling it like it is about your favourite fighter. Oscar would kill himself making weight,no-one would really want to fight him for legacy,it would be purely for $$$ and I also personally think,if he wants to fight Hatton at 147,he would just be taking advantage of a smaller fighter who can obviously not fight effectively at 147.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

CC for telling it like it is about your favourite fighter. Oscar would kill himself making weight,no-one would really want to fight him for legacy,it would be purely for $$$ and I also personally think,if he wants to fight Hatton at 147,he would just be taking advantage of a smaller fighter who can obviously not fight effectively at 147.
    Just calling it like it is Gamo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree. No doubt Oscar is the better fighter even at his age but at 147 he would be drained and I think he would have his hands full with an agressive fighter like Hatton. At 154 Oscar destroys Hatton, but at 147 though Id still favor Oscar it could end up being a mistake cause win or lose hatton will make him look bad and so will the weight loss.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

El Kabong Guest

.....would be funny to see Cotto crack Oscar in the ribs a la Hopkins and knock him out

As for a fight with Oscar vs Hatton.....why the fuck would I want to watch that?

Thread Information