Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default margarito vs. the welterweights

Antonio margarito is considered the most dangerous fighter in boxing. I've heard he just isn't geting the fights becasue most of the boxers in the welterweight division just don't want anything to do with him.
    I sure he will get the fights soon if he is as good as people say but is he good enough to compete with the likes of PBF, miguel cotto, ricky hatton and all the other top quality fighters today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: margarito vs. the welterweights

Quote Originally Posted by dennis
    Antonio margarito is considered the most dangerous fighter in boxing. I've heard he just isn't geting the fights becasue most of the boxers in the welterweight division just don't want anything to do with him.
    I sure he will get the fights soon if he is as good as people say but is he good enough to compete with the likes of PBF, miguel cotto, ricky hatton and all the other top quality fighters today.

antonio margarito is not even close to being the most dangerous fighter in boxing, thats something that bob arum said a while back to promote his new guy now that pbf severed ties with him (dont forget that it wasnt too long ago that arum said pbf is the best fighter hes seen since ali) and a few people actually bought into it

the only fight that margarito tried to get, and didnt, was against mayweather. after arum made the "boogeyman" statement, a bunch of welterweights went on record and said they would be happy to fight margarito, but for whatever reason he opted to fight clottey instead (possibly to keep the false hype going)

the reason that margarito is having a hard time getting a fight with a big name is that margarito hasnt EVER fought anybody, and recently lost to a guy named daniel santos (a total nobody who also said he would be more than happy to come back down in weight to fight margarito again) not to mention hes lost to a few more nobodies earlier in his career

the whole margarito hype machine has cooled off a great deal recently, and with good reason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In this months isue of boxing monthly, i read margaritos the most dangerous boxer in the world. thats why i mentioned that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

antonio margarito is not even close to being the most dangerous fighter in boxing, thats something that bob arum said a while back to promote his new guy now that pbf severed ties with him (dont forget that it wasnt too long ago that arum said pbf is the best fighter hes seen since ali) and a few people actually bought into it

the only fight that margarito tried to get, and didnt, was against mayweather. after arum made the "boogeyman" statement, a bunch of welterweights went on record and said they would be happy to fight margarito, but for whatever reason he opted to fight clottey instead (possibly to keep the false hype going)

the reason that margarito is having a hard time getting a fight with a big name is that margarito hasnt EVER fought anybody, and recently lost to a guy named daniel santos (a total nobody who also said he would be more than happy to come back down in weight to fight margarito again) not to mention hes lost to a few more nobodies earlier in his career

the whole margarito hype machine has cooled off a great deal recently, and with good reason
    That was a perfect statement, I can tell your a Las Vegas hustler, CC. Beware of El Gamo though, Margarito can do no wrong with him.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Margarito needs to stop waiting for Floyd and just start fighting some solid guys, which he's starting to do with Clottey. People that haven't seen much of Clottey are underrating him, I just watched the Baldomir fight which he was on his way to winning until he got stupid and dirty. He's very solid, can counter, solid punch, very sturdy, and rough, which I guess is a nice way of saying dirty.

Santos said he would come down to 147 If you've seen the second Margarito fight I think you'd have to agree that seems pretty unlikely. He cuts weight to make 154 and then comes in at like 168-170 so I don't see him going to 147 any time soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what about a fight with baldomir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brazilianbomber
    Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

That was a perfect statement, I can tell your a Las Vegas hustler, CC. Beware of El Gamo though, Margarito can do no wrong with him.

cc back, bro

and yes, me and el gamo have gone many rounds on this topic (so many, that i think that we may have an unspoken agreement that were gonna leave this issue alone until we see how margarito fares up against clottey, at the very least)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK. i understand. cheers for the replies.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito walked up to PBF during an interview it's caught on tape if havent seen it here it is.

It's short but you can clearly see & hear what happends. PBF uses the $$$$$ as an excuse to not fight Margarito. I sait it before and I'll say it again why did PBF choose to fight Sharmba Mitchelle for his Welterweight debut? ? ? why didn't he fight a REAL Welterweight. There were soooo many names out there he could have fought but he didn't. As usual he took the easy route.

[youtube=425,350]yyIQIvv24rs[/youtube]

Theres an interview on MaxBoxing not sure if its still there but Sugar Shane Mosley said and I quote 'I am not ready to fight Margarito I need a couple of more fights at Welter then I might face him, but whats PBF excuse?' end of quote.

Carlos Baldomir in an interview shown on tv (Republica Deportiva on the Univision station) and I quote 'Margarito is a good friend of mine we've talked and I explained to him what my plans are I don't plan on fighting him anytime soon, At this moment I'm here to make the best of this oppourtunity that I have tha being fighting PBF for a BIG showdown' end of quote so basically saying hes looking to make the most money he can before his ride is over.

So thats 3 of the top fighters around that clearly turned down a fight with him. Then you have Paul who I personally have began to like in the ring he and Margarito almost have the same style very aggressive and look for the BIG punches. I mean look sat who hes fighting Jacy Kuhn why is Paul fighting him, Margarito couldn't get the BIG fight now but just because of that hes not gonna go fight some nobody.The Paul comes out with his gym war storys now wether its true or not what happend between him and Margarito thats just that a 'gym story' you know how many of those exsist where a reg. boxer comes in and gets the best of an already established fighter. Just send an e-mail to any writer out here in the L.A area and ask him what hes seen or hear. He'll end up sending you a book on that.

Williams is in almost the same boat as Margarito they are both trying to get a BIG name in the ring they both wan't their shot now tell me whos been standing in line the longest & whos been there in the top welters for a minute now? I can assure you if Mragrito fights Paul and beats him we'll end up with the same crap that he got for beating Cintron and Kyvelos. That he fought kids who still were green and over hyped it's the same excuse that people used when Calzaghe beat Lacy.

Anyway, I always end my Margarit posts like this.... Hes never claimed to be the best, all he want's is his chance to fight the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

margariton ain't all that. every since he beat cintron people have been actin like he's the best in the division. he can't stop PBF juduh mosely or dela hoya

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito is a solid guy but he was clearly out boxed by Santos in their 2nd fight. I feel Margarito deserves a shot at Floyd but he may be left waiting behind moremarketable guys like Cotto, DLH & Mosley. Magarito needs to make fights with the likes of Judah & Collazo to improve his status.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito is very much comparable to pre-Calzaghe Lacy... only he has looked more impressive vs. competition. Against Cintron he looked like he had it all, but I still think he is too slow, and has too weak of a defense to hang in there with Mayweather... but I can see him having a very good fights with Hatton, Baldomir, and anyone else around this weightclass who isn't based on speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm glad somebody finaly remembered that santos fight

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Boxer'
    i'm glad somebody finaly remembered that santos fight
    Yeah bro, the thing I hate is folks get on Hattons case for retreating back to 140 after a bad time at 147, but Margaritos fans forget thats exactly what he did after he was out fought by Santos...
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC in 24 Mick,pretty much nailed it. I have NEVER said Margarito can do no wrong,but I do want to see him get his shot at the big time,maybe with Mosley?

In relation to the Santos fight,I had him up by 1,he was fighting a guy 170 pounds plus whom whenever he fights,he gets butted(I counted 6 butts),it was just a bad styles match although like I said,Tony looked like he was ahead and he was coming on strong. That's history and the fact is,that was at 154,Margarito is a WW,he bulks up to get to 154. And at WW,he is a force in my opinion.

Thread Information