Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Arslan wins over the Ding-A-Ling-Man by decision:also Dimitrenko knocks out Rossy

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Arslan wins over the Ding-A-Ling-Man by decision:also Dimitrenko knocks out Rossy

That was a good fight...not as exciting as I expected,but still good...
    Arslan fought like always pressuring,arms held up throwing alot but without much power and a high connect percentage going nearly as much to the body as to the head of Wilson...Wilson on the other hand looked pretty bad conditioned throwing very few punches and when he actually connected with something big Arslan took it without blinking...

To sum it up...Arslan walked Wilson down...

score: UD all judges had it 117 - 111

In the postfight interview both boxer praised the other one...both real gentlemen...both good for boxing...
    Last edited by JohnnyKickAss; 05-03-2008 at 11:25 PM.

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arslan wins over the Ding-A-Ling-Man by decision:also Demitrenko knocks out Rossy

In a very dirty fight from both men Dimitrenko wins by TKO in rnd 5...After loosing to first 2 rnd Dimitrenko came better into the fight in rnd 3...winning the 4th rnd also Dimitrenko sends Rossy two times to the floor in the following onslaught the ref called it off...

Hidden Content

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arslan wins over the Ding-A-Ling-Man by decision:also Demitrenko knocks out Rossy

Arslan must be a pretty tough cookie, sounds like Wilson did the same thing as the Flores fight, too much posturing, he is pretty slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WBA cruiserweight world champion Firat Arslan (29-3-1, 18 KOs) scored a one-sided twelve round unanimous decision over #14 rated Darnell 'The Ding-a-ling Man' Wilson (23-7-3, 20 KOs) on Saturday night at the Schleyer-Halle in Stuttgart, Germany. Arslan pressed the action from the opening bell, but both were cautious early on. Wilson upped the output in round two and Arslan did likewise in round three. Arslan's pressure pushed Wilson back as he appeared to be imposing his will. Rounds five and six were dominated by the champion, as Wilson mostly had no answers. With chances of a points win seemingly disappearing, the "Ding-A-Ling Man" started looking for a KO as the bout progressed, winging big shots in the eighth. Arslan responded in a punishing ninth round. Arslan landed almost at will in the tenth and went on to win handily by scores of 117-111, 117-111, 117-111. In an important clash of heavyweight contenders, unbeaten WBO #2 ranked Alexander Dimitrenko (28-0, 17 KOs) scored a sudden and impressive fifth round TKO over WBO #7 ranked Derric Rossy (18-1, 10 KOs). Dimitrenko broke open a competitive fight by dropping Rossy twice in the fifth round with left hooks, then got a stoppage from referee Paul Thomas with his brutal follow-up barrage. Time was 2:58.

source: fightnews.com

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arslan wins over the Ding-A-Ling-Man by decision:also Dimitrenko knocks out Rossy

I suppose with recent hype about Wilson I was probably expecting a fair bit more from him than in the fight here, but it could just be that Arslan's workrate, and a granite chin did for him.

As for Dimitrenko, I pretty firmly told him to keep it solid, but go the rounds and get the UD as that's what I was after in the prediction comp. I'll be having words with that chap, again.

And cheers for the news Johnny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arslan wins over the Ding-A-Ling-Man by decision:also Dimitrenko knocks out Rossy

Damn I was hoping Ding-a-ling could finally grab a title. Hes a tough fighter and as exciting as a one dimensional fighter can get because of his punching power, but he a step below world championship level. Arslan poved himself with this win but I wouldnt favor him over the other top cruisers.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

XaduBoxer Guest

ARSElan dominates Ding...

El Kabong Guest

I told everyone Dimitrenko was going to do bad stuff to Rossy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post

ARSElan dominates Ding...

great stuff, caught him with a peach in that 2nd pic!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arslan, Wilson speak!

Below are post-fight comments from Saturday's tension-filled WBA world title fight in Stuttgart between cruiserweight champion Firat Arslan and Darnell "The Ding-A-Ling Man" Wilson. Arslan took an impressive unanimous decision to retain his title in his first defense.

Firat Arslan: I'm happy that it's over, that it's a positive result and that I won. Wilson fought a great fight. He packed a powerful punch and was very dangerous. I thank Dietmar Poszwa (Spotlight Boxing promoter) that I could box in my hometown, and I thank my fans who really motivated me. I feel great, and as long as I remain in top shape, I want big fights. I'm no longer the youngest, however I want to fight the best. A title unification would be great!
    Darnell Wilson: I did my best, but there was no "ding-a-ling" today. He had a super defense and was always coming forward. He's a great champion. From the tenth round I was very tired, his pressure simply wore me out. At the end I gave everything I had once more, however I couldn't get him. I'll be back. Germany is great, I was treated really well and the people here are very friendly. I'd happily come here again.
    Arslan's Trainer Valentin Silaghi: I trembled from the first second to the last. Wilson is always dangerous, but Firat listened and boxed very self-controlledly. I thank to him for trusting me and listening to me in the breaks between rounds.
    Wilson's Trainer Charles Mooney: It was a terrific fight. Firat's defense, as well as his offense, was super. He's a great champion, Unfortunately we lost today, but that's how it is, you lose some, you win some. Darnell boxed great. He can go through the streets with his chin high. He did what he had to do and brought a very good performance.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm surprised with that (I picked Wilson by KO)
    To hear that he had his way with the ding-a-ling hahaha
    I gotta respect Arslan, did he call out anybody at the
    end of the fight?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Those comments at the end were a bit of a love-in all round really. Wilson got the title shot he wanted 6 months ago, but fell short, and Arslan will have a recognised American name on his record. Everyone's a winner, and most of them will have been well paid for it.

What about a Cunningham v Arslan unfication in a few months down the line? Cunningham has been known to travel well, and will probably bring more to the ring than ding a ling did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    end of the fight?
    Not that I remember he was just happy with his win...But like rhun said maybe Cunningham,who knows...But fact is that Arslan is 37 and time is running out for him and he every fight does count now...lets just hope he doesn't waste the time left for him with no names...

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First three rnds of Arslan-Wilson...sadly only filmed from someone in the audience...no tv broadcast...But enough to get an impression...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EkGcrsqbe-M

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fMWQsyXaW_U

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ITdjHMCfg7o

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    end of the fight?
    Not that I remember he was just happy with his win...But like rhun said maybe Cunningham,who knows...But fact is that Arslan is 37 and time is running out for him and he every fight does count now...lets just hope he doesn't waste the time left for him with no names...

Isnt herbie hide boxing in germany at the moment and fighting at cruserweight?? could be a half decent matchup!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Thread Information