Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fighters that didnt derserve to win world titles

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default fighters that didnt derserve to win world titles

seen alot of threads with who was best not to win world titles but what about the fighters that didnt derserve to win a title??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: fighters that didnt derserve to win world titles

LOL,bro we could be here allllllllllllllll day,most of the fighters today don't deserve titles! I mean why does Kermit Cintron have the IBF title?? The real champs don't need belts,and we can have great fights without them like Pacman Morales!!!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As much as I think Cintron sucks, he at least fought for it in the ring. Undeserving or not. Guys like Ken Norton and Hasim Rahman (the second time) were given there titles. They never even won it in the ring. I could never understand how they could look themselves in the mirror and call themselves champion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

any chump can win an alphabet belt, but a true champion is named by a jury of their peers: fight fans and other fighters themselves.

long live the Court of Public Opinion!

I would say....... Nicolay Valuev. not that he's not a nice, hard-working guy, and yes he is improving as a boxer... but I thought you cut your teeth as a fighter BEFORE you got a shot at a belt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    As much as I think Cintron sucks, he at least fought for it in the ring. Undeserving or not. Guys like Ken Norton and Hasim Rahman (the second time) were given there titles. They never even won it in the ring. I could never understand how they could look themselves in the mirror and call themselves champion.
    I'm in agreement here VD.

If a fighter beat a title holder to take the strap...I don't give a shit who it is or what...he deserves it.

If he get's the strap by default or vacancy...then yeah...horse shit!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shannon Briggs,John Ruiz,Bruce Seldon,Frans Botha
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

check out the jokers that have been passing around the ibf 130 lb title recently.. Cassius Baloyi and Manuel Medina somehow are fighting for the vacant title, Baloyi loses is to Gary St. Clair, and he just lost it to Malcom Klassen (who??). Now Manuel Medina and Kevin Kelley have an eliminator for the same belt coming up.. I just dont get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Iran Barkley did not deserve to win 3 titles. Iran is good, but Tommy gave him 2 titles added to the one Iran beat Van Horn for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like they said up top we can be here all day with this list, my vote would have to go too John Ruiz, I know he won some battles but it just hurt me too see his style of fighting with all the holding.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LegendBoxing65
    Iran Barkley did not deserve to win 3 titles.  Iran is good, but Tommy gave him 2 titles added to the one Iran beat Van Horn for.
    i disagree with that beating one of best fighters of the 80s twice and giving the legend duran such a hard fought war derserves title in my book and i thought he should of got the decision against duran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz definately....

the ones i prominently think of that just dont desrerve titles are cats that get beat .. but it ends in no contsest or the fight is a stupid draw and they keep the title... even though if there is a rematch they dont usually get lucky the second time.. sometimes they never rematch... or sometimes they win a bogus decision for a title .. which should never happen..
    these champs shouldnt be able to live with themselves and call themselves the champ! lol
    Peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bgordon
    check out the jokers that have been passing around the ibf 130 lb title recently.. Cassius Baloyi and Manuel Medina somehow are fighting for the vacant title, Baloyi loses is to Gary St. Clair, and he just lost it to Malcom Klassen (who??). Now Manuel Medina and Kevin Kelley have an eliminator for the same belt coming up.. I just dont get it.
    That was sad, gairy is such a nice bloke and works really hard and it was good to see him win a title, but then to lose it was sad. I wish him well in future fights, but hes definately not the best guy in the division.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is not that I do not think Iran should not have won a title. But a 3 title winner is ridiculous for a guy as limited as Iran. Fact is that he had a style which worked against Hearns, yet Hearns was so much better. Hearns beat most guys he fought, and then Iran comes up and he is not any better than most of the guys Hearns had fought at the time, and he beats him and then beats him again later right after Hearns beats Virgil Hill. Just tells me that the style somehow works against Hearns. Iran's key fits Hearns lock. Yes I know that Iran had good fights with 2 legends Hearns and Duran, but still I think 3 titles for him is too many. Hearns and Duran deserve those titles but Iran?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeof74
    Shannon Briggs,John Ruiz,Bruce Seldon,Frans Botha
    ...Hasim Rahman, the second time not the first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

kinda like when Hasim Rahman KO'd Vitali Klitschko to obtain his belt?.......................... oh wait that fight never even happened and next thing you know Hasim Rahman's the WBC HW CHAMP OF THE WORLD?

Thread Information