Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Red face Clinton Woods Fights on!!

Good day U.K boxing chums!I've just read that Clinton Woods will soon be boxing again after losing his IBF light-heavyweight title belt to Antonio Taver earlier in the year.Woods manager Dennis Hobson said that Woods will be fighting again in september this year.

Im really glad he's continuing....I've always liked Clinton,as boxer as well as a person!!I feel he could have box better against Tarver,mind you Taver fought really well i thought.To me Clinton was'nt moving his head as much during the fight and he never seemed to get his 1-2s combinations off as usual.WELL DONE WOODS!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Clinton Woods Fights on!!

I really like Clinton. I think if anything he has overachieved in his career. Hes likeable, improved hugely over 2-3 years and is just a nice guy.

However he has nights where he just doesnt perform. He didnt perform in the 2nd Johnson fight due to " what he said" was a iron deficiency. Then in the Tarver fight he didnt work hard enough and seemed to freeze. I have to say im not too interested in his latest coemback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by motorcityhitman View Post
    I really like Clinton. I think if anything he has overachieved in his career. Hes likeable, improved hugely over 2-3 years and is just a nice guy.

However he has nights where he just doesnt perform. He didnt perform in the 2nd Johnson fight due to " what he said" was a iron deficiency. Then in the Tarver fight he didnt work hard enough and seemed to freeze. I have to say im not too interested in his latest coemback.
    I know what yer saying,his comeback will surely be his last with him being 36yr old now!I hope and feel he'll want to give it up after he has won a title again...maybe the IBF again.Im still a fan of him.He has improved over the years and i think the loss over Taver will sper him on to win more fight in style in the near future!!You never know a fight with him and Calzaghe might still go ahead.It would be a interesting domestic fight!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by motorcityhitman View Post

I know what yer saying,his comeback will surely be his last with him being 36yr old now!I hope and feel he'll want to give it up after he has won a title again...maybe the IBF again.Im still a fan of him.He has improved over the years and i think the loss over Taver will sper him on to win more fight in style in the near future!!You never know a fight with him and Calzaghe might still go ahead.It would be a interesting domestic fight!!
    I don't think thats a big enough fight for Joe to take. Plus he's only gonna have one more before he retires.

After the Tarver fight, Clinton sounded down and out and like he really didn't want to fight anymore. We shall see, but he doesn't really excite me tbh.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Been talking with Clint, and I believe him when he says it was a terrible nights work and he never had a good days preperation for the fight. Clint is pissed off. Knowing him as I do, I wouldnt back against him .
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope he does come back fighting, always been one of my favourite fighters. Any news on possible opponents?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by saturday_kid View Post
    Hope he does come back fighting, always been one of my favourite fighters. Any news on possible opponents?
    Alright they mate!Good to hear your a fan of Clinton Woods mate.I like watching him fight to!His next fight is due for September this year and i've read it could be with the WBC holder CHAD DAWSON.Clinton has expressed his desire to not retire on a loss!He's got the fire in his belly back!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good news..i'd like to see him back in the ring again.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I admire Clinton. He always shows true heart and determination in his fights and out of the ring he is a genuinely down to earth nice guy. I hope he comes back and grabs a strap.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see how Woods can have any fans. He didn't even try against Tarver. And afterwards said he was satisfied with his performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    I don't see how Woods can have any fans. He didn't even try against Tarver. And afterwards said he was satisfied with his performance.
    He's a good fighter my mate!He has really improved as a fighter through the tears.Though his fight with Taver was fairly poor.He'll come back fighting and come back hard too.He's a sound humble bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

agreed, the tarver fight was poor (which was a shame cos i really wanted him to do something in that fight) but you dont give up being a fan just because of one bad performance (i'd have no boxers to follow lol!). He'll bounce back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

agreed, the tarver fight was poor (which was a shame cos i really wanted him to do something in that fight) but you dont give up being a fan just because of one bad performance (i'd have no boxers to follow lol!). He'll bounce back!
    Yeah mate.Im sure he'll want and get a belt before he retires.I know mate,i was gutted that he did'nt do much in the Taver fight!I was gutted like.Clinton did mention later after the fight that he has some kind of Cold or Flu which could of hampered his proformance!!I was shouting at the t.v while i was watching it and saying"Move your head Clinton,for f*** sake.Bob and weave,get inside!!!"but he never did,did he mate?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haha yeah it was one of those fights (when your a fan of 1 fighter) and your that frustrated your screaming at the screen! Yeah hope he gets a belt to retire on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haha yeah it was one of those fights (when your a fan of 1 fighter) and your that frustrated your screaming at the screen! Yeah hope he gets a belt to retire on.
    I know mate!You should of heard me when Hatton was fighting Mayweather in their UNDEFEATED fight in december last year!I was screaming me head off at the t.v,due to the way the fight was refereed by Cortez.I was shouting"GET THAT F***ING WANKER OF A REF OUT OF THERE!!soo much from the 1st round and on wards that me face turnedand i lost me voice.Ha!

Thread Information